Video lag

$250? That is ridiculous, things are expensive over here but that is on another level. KMart of all places has them as well amongst all the other junk they sell.
Its called daylight robbery over here,new catalog todays prices
14893116047482146891446.jpg

All the lag and glitch is while watching play back on the built in monitor p4pp but even the built in quick movie making editor that you can put random music to and post also has all the glitch... so from what I'm hearing I should buy better cards although the one I use came right from drone world.. ??

All the lag and glitch is while watching play back on the built in monitor p4pp but even the built in quick movie making editor that you can put random music to and post also has all the glitch... so from what I'm hearing I should buy better cards although the one I use came right from drone world.. ??
Hi um not sure i was lucky card fixed me fault but if u got something happening in editor aswell might b something in settings not quite right,,,if u got nother card around you could try it see what happen,,ill do some searching:)

I put in another card today and took it up and it still glitches badly I even change the resolution of the video way down and it glitches so bad that it's not worth shooting

I upload an example and I tried but for some reason it kept Erring
Mate i still cant upload clips here i get error ocurred aswell,,i cant send more that 20mb for some reason,,goes to skypixel ok even when i dont want to,,,,,,,have u checked channels ,,i now use ch 20

Let's clarify a few things. First when recording there are two streams. One to the SD card at resolution specified in the camera settings. At the same time there's a 720p being steamed over radio through the RC and sent to your tablet. The video is cached by the app. The video transmission via lightbridge can alter the bitrate based on signal strength but you can specify a fixed rate as well as the radio channel.
By default when you use video plsyback/streaming/editing functions in the app, you are using the lower resolution cached video. You can import the video from the SD card or download the video on the SD from the AC but downloading from the AC is really slow.
If the SD file is intact, video recording didn't stop then what's on the SD shouldn't have any glitches like you might see on the monitor. It is recording digital after all, not analog like video tape. However often PCs and PC applications can't handle the large video and so you might see hesitation.
I suppose you could have camera trouble where you get dropouts on SD and real time on the monitor but I don't think that's what we're describing but rather lightbridge transmission issues which do not affect what's on the SD.

You should look at buying direct from DJI to see what the online price is. That P4P should be about $2159 at today's exchange rate below. $1499USD X 1.44 = $2159

View attachment 78306
Yeh ebay next one,,did i say next one,,next deciding either inspire or p4p,,,:),,,,,i got habbit off wantin receipts for things i buy,,good waranty aswell,,lot of $$$$$invested in this adiction in mean hobbie:eek:

Let's clarify a few things. First when recording there are two streams. One to the SD card at resolution specified in the camera settings. At the same time there's a 720p being steamed over radio through the RC and sent to your tablet. The video is cached by the app. The video transmission via lightbridge can alter the bitrate based on signal strength but you can specify a fixed rate as well as the radio channel.
By default when you use video plsyback/streaming/editing functions in the app, you are using the lower resolution cached video. You can import the video from the SD card or download the video on the SD from the AC but downloading from the AC is really slow.
If the SD file is intact, video recording didn't stop then what's on the SD shouldn't have any glitches like you might see on the monitor. It is recording digital after all, not analog like video tape. However often PCs and PC applications can't handle the large video and so you might see hesitation.
I suppose you could have camera trouble where you get dropouts on SD and real time on the monitor but I don't think that's what we're describing but rather lightbridge transmission issues which do not affect what's on the SD.
Wow good info ,,,i di have bit of glitchin on sd card ,records normal inside cant test flight outdoors,,RAINING,,:(thanks awsome info

Yeh ebay next one,,did i say next one,,next deciding either inspire or p4p,,,:),,,,,i got habbit off wantin receipts for things i buy,,good waranty aswell,,lot of $$$$$invested in this adiction in mean hobbie:eek:
Funny, I'm trying to make that same decision, Inspire 2 or P5 this fall? I have a big problem getting smooth cinematic yaws movements with my P4. It flies straight with no problem. But during a hover, when I yaw left or right, I cannot produce a consistent slow speed 180. The speed of the yaw slows down or speeds up, even though the stick is held rock solid. It may be due to wind, even though it does this on calm days all the time. To step up my quality I think I'll need an I2 soon, but that's later in the year when my customer base needs it.

Last edited:
Funny, I'm trying to make that same decision, Inspire 2 or P5 this fall? I have a big problem getting smooth cinematic yaws movements with my P4. It flies straight with no problem. But during a hover, when I yaw left or right, I cannot produce a consistent slow speed 180. The speed of the yaw slows down or speeds up, even though the stick is held rock solid. It may be due to wind, even though it does this on calm days all the time. To step up my quality I think I'll need an I2 soon, but that's later in the year when my customer base needs it.
Hi update ,,new sd card worked just went test flight between rain,just crused up 735ft while recording ,,yay alive again,,no glichs or freezing on screen,,tryin to clip vid down to upload

Reactions: tevek
The video from the SD should never have glitches, pauses or missed frames. If you are seeing that from your SD recorded video it could be the SD card you're using. You can test that indoors if it's raining, just start the camera and leave the motors off. Walk around the house with the suspect SD card, then do the same with the new SD card. I recommend SanDisk Extreme (red and gold color SD card) that write at 60MB/sec and read at 90MB/sec. I've never had a problem with those.
Hi just an update rain stopped got out for fly,,new sd card worked nice,took a pic to dark to record but all normal again
DJI_0003.JPG

What causes video lag (glitches) in video even at close range??? Ruins the entire video and happens one flight but not another.... video lag happens most of the time no matter how close or far away the bird is... I was on a top of a mountain today no interference that I know of and every video I took had lag or glitches?? Pretty normal very rare not to have during a flight such a video killer??

Just posted this to another member and need it confirming.

Are you still having this problem? I was having the same issue and not getting anywhere with the forums or DJI themselves.
I seem to have had a result with mine just by playing with the settings in the app. I'm using and iPad 2 With Phantom 4.I went into general settings and turned off the "GEO System" and low and behold the video feed appears to be rock solid! No more glitiching out, green screen, black screen or lag!
I noticed that when I first turned the drone on, before it actually got a GPS fix the video feed was fine. As soon as GPS was located the feed turned bad.
According to the app the GEO System is there to warn if you are in a restricted area or not, my thinking is that if the drone is constantly looking where it is and reporting back then this is maybe producing the lag and glitch in the video feed, i.e. Data overload?
Just a guess but I know that turning the GEO System off cures my problem.
If you are still struggling could you give it a go.
I see a lot of posts regarding this problem with lots of speculation about certain device not being up to scratch etc or the firmware needs winding back, so it would be good if someone else could try this also.
Best Regards,
North.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brianklenhart