USPS Sucks.

Money on it that Tony cracked it taking it apart.
I agree. I recently watched a video from DBS mods showing how to split the RC case. After all the screws are out it shows you how to hold onto the antennas and to pry it open using the metal bar on back. I can easily see how the location of that crack could be the result from prying open too hard.

Here's the video.

Reactions: phantom13flyer
Question....if he received it like that, why is the rubber pad off the bottom? You would think he would take the pic BEFORE removing the rubber pad. Leads me to believe the rubber pad was removed because they had already removed the screws and tried to split the case, cracked it, and said oh s$&t, quick, take a pic. Come on man.....

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: phantom13flyer
Anyone else notice the glue has already been removed from the screw hole? If you have done one of these you know what I am talking about. Another reason to believe this was done during modification.....
Jmo :)

Reactions: Cale262
Looks
Like maybe an over tightened screw, maybe?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Looks broken during modification.
That was first thing I though, of course, I'm one of the guys that got a bad batch 300B series with the crumbling screw mounts, so I know what I am talking about, I've been in my remote so many times, and going in again tomorrow to redo antenna mounts for the EVO Kit, bought a brand new glue gun (they said white glue, and sent clear, dang it no one does whAt they say, well, Jake does) and a new set of RC specific drivers. I'm gonna totally go over what I've already fixed.
And, I had my Power button implode on my too, all this to a remote I've babied, DJI should fix the 300B remotes for free, modded or not.

Reactions: henick
Here's the video.

**** you...I just got that audio track out of my head just the other day...and now its back!

Funny though when I pulled my P4 RC apart, I was expecting it to be tight like all my P3 remotes were (They took some real effort to pull apart) but it wasn't...It almost popped apart after removing the four screws!

I hate to so quickly blame a vendor. I mean, if it was Msinger or Jake from MaxxUAV would you guys say that though? I mean, I do tend to agree, but the fact is the guy isn't Drone World, it's Tony, whom I don't know. I know Jake through some business we've done a couple things, and Msinger from here on the forum. I think if it was one of them, I'd believe them that's all.

Reactions: Cale262
This could have also been a simple mistake where Tony thought he had the screws out but didn't, all the way. Then he tries to pull it apart and gives it too much muscle. Humans make mistakes. The evidence points to a mistake here, imho.

I hate to so quickly blame a vendor. I mean, if it was Msinger or Jake from MaxxUAV would you guys say that though? I mean, I do tend to agree, but the fact is the guy isn't Drone World, it's Tony, whom I don't know. I know Jake through some business we've done a couple things, and Msinger from here on the forum. I think if it was one of them, I'd believe them that's all.

I don't know if any one is directly blaming the vendor or just simply stating their opinion as to the mechanism of damage...Personally and in my professional experience I can't imagine the pictured damage being the result of a blunt strike or impact as would be the most likely case in shipping damage.

In regards to the vendors you name above, I have first hand experience with both and all I can say is a good reputation and top drawer customer service buys you a lot of credibility.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sim597
Thank you Jake! My point exactly.
It doesn't make sense.
Unless the op sent it with the dampers off already.
Friendly - Did you send it with them off already?

I had a diploma come in by USPS. The package was clearly marked "Fragile, Do Not Bend Or Fold. in about five places and in Red ink. The post office folded it in half to get it into my box. Fortunately for me, but not for the post office employee who was putting mail in the boxes, she was still there when I rounded up the supervisor to raise hell. He went back and brought her up to his office. I asked her what was going on that she couldn't read all the warnings on the package and she replied that all they ever look at his the box number. It went significantly downhill from there as I can't stand inefficiency in something I'm paying taxes for to support. Bottom line, I stated that she should be suspended and if she wasn't, I was going to raise so much hell, including my congressman, the Post Master General, TV, Radio, (I'm a morning drive time radio personality), her hair dresser, and my dog Sam, that they'd be happy if I was hit by a train. Since this was my forth complaint about packages being mutilated, etc.She was suspended and later terminated. Even the union wanted her gone. Seems she's had 15 complaints in one year alone and around 40 in the time she's been stuffing mail. After learning all that I told the post master he was a tool for allowing her to work in that area knowing of all the complaints. BTW he ended up demoted and transferred. Apparently there had been a shitload of complaints on him. All I can say is a great example of (wait for it) ........ "your tax dollars at work" ......... !

I had a diploma come in by USPS. The package was clearly marked "Fragile, Do Not Bend Or Fold. in about five places and in Red ink. The post office folded it in half to get it into my box. Fortunately for me, but not for the post office employee who was putting mail in the boxes, she was still there when I rounded up the supervisor to raise hell. He went back and brought her up to his office. I asked her what was going on that she couldn't read all the warnings on the package and she replied that all they ever look at his the box number. It went significantly downhill from there as I can't stand inefficiency in something I'm paying taxes for to support. Bottom line, I stated that she should be suspended and if she wasn't, I was going to raise so much hell, including my congressman, the Post Master General, TV, Radio, (I'm a morning drive time radio personality), her hair dresser, and my dog Sam, that they'd be happy if I was hit by a train. Since this was my forth complaint about packages being mutilated, etc.She was suspended and later terminated. Even the union wanted her gone. Seems she's had 15 complaints in one year alone and around 40 in the time she's been stuffing mail. After learning all that I told the post master he was a tool for allowing her to work in that area knowing of all the complaints. BTW he ended up demoted and transferred. Apparently there had been a shitload of complaints on him. All I can say is a great example of (wait for it) ........ "your tax dollars at work" ......... !

This thread struck a soft spot for someone here ;)

I still don't believe this damage occurred whilst in transit.

I sent my RC over to Tony @ FPVLR for a Boosted Antenna, and this is how it arrived..

The prognosis is okay, it can be epoxied from the inside, and the internals are good.. I just don't understand what USPS does with their package they transport. This thing was wrapped in about the most secure bubble wrap, almost like they kicked it all the way to Florida..

Anyways, it makes me a little sick.

That to me looks likes a assembly error! Like the case wasn't clipped together and he tightened the screws! Or had a cable in the seam and tried to snap it together!

Those that have done this mod themselves know that that would be the spot to crack, if there were going to be one, at the moment you use the metal handle to try to separate the shell. All the. Ideas and instructions tell you to grab the metal bracket and then push on the antenna bases to get it to "crack" open.
In my view, this is where the crack occurred.
I am just curious of 2 things -
Did Friendly pull the rubber pads off before sending it in
And
Did Friendly attempt in any way to start the mod himself before deciding to send it in for the switch.
If the answer is no for both, then I think we all know the answer to how this happened.

Yeah exactly... Anyone that has pulled one of these apart knows. That could be from separating the case, although the P4 is super easy by comparison or it could be from a antenna cable being in the seam OR it could be from the gimbal wheel not being seated on the post and trying to wrench down the screw.

Either way, I can't think of a way for that crack to occur from shipping, or stepping on it. The sticks, or the device mount would have broke long before that happened!

I wonder if you attended her in hospital after she lost her job?

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl