USPS Sucks.

Tony says thats how it arrived.
Make the shop replace it if you know 100% it was not like that when shipped and you packed it really well. If you did pack it well then it most likely happened while being worked on. Any shop worth it's weight in salt would replace it if they did it and they would of notified you immediately upon noticing the damage if it was truly there when it arrived. I assume the box arrived to the shop in good shape, if not they should of not accepted it.

They do. They replaced mine just last week but sent me a c version. Make sure to request a b because they agreed to exchange it when I complained.
Is that even if your warranty period is over?

Without reading the thread and having USPS often used because of eBay, I can definitely agree with you. Sometimes the friggen tracking number doesn't show up until AFTER the product arrives.

I had a diploma come in by USPS. The package was clearly marked "Fragile, Do Not Bend Or Fold. in about five places and in Red ink. The post office folded it in half to get it into my box. Fortunately for me, but not for the post office employee who was putting mail in the boxes, she was still there when I rounded up the supervisor to raise hell. He went back and brought her up to his office. I asked her what was going on that she couldn't read all the warnings on the package and she replied that all they ever look at his the box number. It went significantly downhill from there as I can't stand inefficiency in something I'm paying taxes for to support. Bottom line, I stated that she should be suspended and if she wasn't, I was going to raise so much hell, including my congressman, the Post Master General, TV, Radio, (I'm a morning drive time radio personality), her hair dresser, and my dog Sam, that they'd be happy if I was hit by a train. Since this was my forth complaint about packages being mutilated, etc.She was suspended and later terminated. Even the union wanted her gone. Seems she's had 15 complaints in one year alone and around 40 in the time she's been stuffing mail. After learning all that I told the post master he was a tool for allowing her to work in that area knowing of all the complaints. BTW he ended up demoted and transferred. Apparently there had been a shitload of complaints on him. All I can say is a great example of (wait for it) ........ "your tax dollars at work" ......... !
The post office actually makes money, your taxes nor My taxes support the Post office, in fact, the only reason it has or had any money troubles at all, is because like the Social security it's been raided and raided throughout the years

The post office actually makes money, your taxes nor My taxes support the Post office, in fact, the only reason it has or had any money troubles at all, is because like the Social security it's been raided and raided throughout the years
Forbes disagrees with your assessment on all counts, including Social Security.

I don't claim to be an expert on the USPS and don't want to be one but...

The U.S. Postal Service is rapidly becoming irrelevant.

In the 1980s faxing was the first attack on snail mail, but the big market shift began 15 years ago with the pervasive availability of free email. Today mobile devices provide texting and social media, shifting the acceleration away from physical letters. Fewer people write letters, send bills or even pay bills via physical mail. Are you mailing any physical holiday cards this year? How many?

Even the veritable “junk mail” is now far less viable. Coupons are used by consumers less and less – and to the extent used they have to be much more immediate and compelling – such as offerings from GroupOn and FourSquare et.al. which arrive at consumers by email and social media usually through a smartphone or tablet mobile device.

And in the article it says that they can't stay competitive because they can't raise prices like the other players. Regardless of the reason, they are horrible.

Why the Postal Service Is Going Out of Business

I just received a 3 axis gimbal per USPS two days ago. The box was set on the ground in front of my door with a rain about to happen. The side of the box was pushed in about 25 % on one side. Luckily the gimbal box was on the other side of outside box...no damage. They will bend, fold, and do whatever they can to get a package into a rural mailbox. Makes me mad at times...but I still support them by buying stamps, postcards to my customers etc. UPS, FEDEX. ....can ruin your stuff too. One thing I don't uunderstand is....if they...USPS...Has to bring a package too big for the mailbox to my door....why don't they bring the normal mail also. Maybe there is some rule against that.

OK geez where do I begin lol but for me it was having to sell my p3 pro for parts to Hani uavrepair.com after sending my bird in to fpvlr for the air side video amp mod that turned into a nightmare. And since then Tony has used just about every trick he can think of to try to discredit other antenna makers and vendors with lies , manipulation ,fake social media accounts, the list goes on and on. To be honest I'm sick and tired of all the drama that this guy brings to this hobby. Just with this post I'm sure a bunch of "satisfied customers " aka Tony's fake accounts will chime in and say that everybody is lying or something. The simple fact is that there is much better antennas and vendors to use and for anyone looking for such a product should do their own research and find a reputable vendor.

Reactions: Cale262
It's really not hard to do yourself.. it's a few screws and 2 wires that snap on one side and clamp the stock antenna holes. After doing it you can connect anything you like, be it panel antennas or whatever; boosted or not. I have 2 magnetic antennas I stick to the roof of the car. I'm really not sure why anybody would pay to do the job at all considering what most charge and the simplicity of the task.

I hear Jake @maxuav gets pretty good feedback if you have more money than technical skill but again I wouldn't really know either way!

I cringed watching an instructional video on YouTube one day where the tech had a lot of difficulty getting antennas out and suggested cutting the bottoms off when all you need is to squeeze gently with needle nose pliers while pulling. I bet that's probably the guy this thread is talking about lol

Last edited:
It's Funny, I haven't been around this hobby very long (flying camera side) but I don't have to go very far out of my way nor read very much to find who will provide a good product or great service and who will not. On the "Not" side of life, it is funny that every hobby out there has a "Tony" and out of all of them I have no idea how they stay in business...I know one in another hobby who only deals online, eBay and PayPal have banned him but he keeps selling his Shat products by simply changing his companies name every couple of years...It really is sad that they will always be out there preying on the ill-informed.

Reactions: phantom13flyer
Gotta watch. FedEx drops packages for usps to deliver. Not good. My mail person is gorgeous but that another story. They seem to screw up a lot of packages.

Gotta watch. FedEx drops packages for usps to deliver. Not good. My mail person is gorgeous but that another story. They seem to screw up a lot of packages.
Well, if everyone wasn't always hitting on her and distracting her, she'd probably be better at her job! :p

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20