USPS Sucks.

Reaction score
I sent my RC over to Tony @ FPVLR for a Boosted Antenna, and this is how it arrived..

The prognosis is okay, it can be epoxied from the inside, and the internals are good.. I just don't understand what USPS does with their package they transport. This thing was wrapped in about the most secure bubble wrap, almost like they kicked it all the way to Florida..

Anyways, it makes me a little sick.

Attachments

• IMG_4536.JPG
    IMG_4536.JPG
    152 KB · Views: 933
You can file a claim with the carrier. Maybe.

It's not only USPS, I've seen some recent videos of UPS and FedEx drivers actually throwing packages over fences, etc..

At least you got it , UPS on several occasions delivered my stuff on the next block ( Phantom 2 ) and just dropped it off with no signature. FedEx is the best , never had a problem with them. File a claim bottom line , they have to pay...

Reactions: PROJEFFREY11
I agree, how ever it seems like its mainly USPS..

What is the condition of the box? If the box was in good shape and it is wrap with layer bubble as you say!

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

It was double wrapped, and from what I understand the box was in good condition. The only thing that crossed my mind was it is 100+ degrees here. So it could have expanded from sitting in a truck or something where it could easily be 140 degree's.

It's not only USPS, I've seen some recent videos of UPS and FedEx drivers actually throwing packages over fences, etc..
but claim process through those private institutions are far better than USPS.

but claim process through those private institutions are far better than USPS.

I am pretty certain that in order to file a damage claim (ups/usps/dhs)The outer box must show sign of damage!

That's only fair imo. Otherwise I can shipped any damage item I own to myself and claimed shipping damage.

Reactions: Raja777m
I am pretty certain that in order to file a damage claim (ups/usps/dhs)The outer box must show sign of damage!

That's only fair imo. Otherwise I can shipped any damage item I own to myself and claimed shipping damage.

agree with you about the outer box damage.
I might have missed reading the outer box damage, while concentrating on truck's heat.
But, I'm sure you can give a try.

from what I understand the box was in good condition.

Did this get broken on the trip to Tony? Or on the trip back to you? What do you mean "from what I understand", didn't you see the box? Did you ask Tony if he broke it? These RC's can be hard to split sometimes, they seem to get stuck together because they fit so well, not to mention a clip lip at the top, inside.

Reactions: Cale262
Did this get broken on the trip to Tony? Or on the trip back to you? What do you mean "from what I understand", didn't you see the box? Did you ask Tony if he broke it? These RC's can be hard to split sometimes, they seem to get stuck together because they fit so well, not to mention a clip lip at the top, inside.

By looking at the picture alone I would be more inclined to believe that this was broken while being disassembled or pried open...

Tony says thats how it arrived.

I run my own shipping company. I would say 95% of all breakage are caused by bad packing. If you can't drop your package onto the floor from desk height it isn't good enough!
ALL parcel companies handle packages in the same way. It isn't right but it is a fact.
IMPORTANT. Never ever sign for anything without checking it first. It makes an insurance claim much harder.

Reactions: Richard J
Blaming the shipping company/service is always the low hanging fruit. when I receive a package in the mail that looks like it has been handled...poorly, I always take a picture of the package before I open it (I have quite the collection) so I have proof and often if I keep the ups/fedex guy there and insist I take the picture while it's in their possession before I sign for it. If the product in the package is damaged I submit the photos with my claim so everything goes easy peasy... If the package is extremely damaged I just simply refuse to take possession of the delivery for my own protection, I'm sure most companies who deal with shipping and receiving follow the same practices.

Blaming the shipping company/service is always the low hanging fruit. when I receive a package in the mail that looks like it has been handled...poorly, I always take a picture of the package before I open it (I have quite the collection) so I have proof and often if I keep the ups/fedex guy there and insist I take the picture while it's in their possession before I sign for it. If the product in the package is damaged I submit the photos with my claim so everything goes easy peasy... If the package is extremely damaged I just simply refuse to take possession of the delivery for my own protection, I'm sure most companies who deal with shipping and receiving follow the same practices.

I totally agree - I always keep the delivery driver there as well.
Often delivery companies get bad press when it isn't their fault. Amazon sending out hard drives just in an anti static bag and a thin cardboard box with no padding it is crazy!
A while ago I ordered the Nexus 10. There was a huge waiting list for them. When it finally arrived the box was badly damaged. They had shipped it in the retail box with no extra protection. I would normally have refused it but due to the waiting lists I inspected it very very carefully before accepting it.

Looks like this was a photo taken by Tony, because there is no antenna mod done yet? So I assume Tony contacted the buyer and sent this pic.

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl