US P3 Price Spike

It makes pretty good sense that the P3 adv/pro and the P4 regular are being dropped. The P3S is only hanging around because DJI hasn't made another aircraft that is attractive to people who are new to this and don't have the budget to watch $1000 fly around in the air.
The P3A and the P3P are pretty much the same, i'm not even sure what the significant difference is.
The P4 is fairly new so I am not sure why they are dropping it, but not a huge improvement over the P3 adv/pro, other than a few extra minutes of flight and some more speed.
DJI wants money just like any other company so they are going to drop older models, especially when they don't do much less than their latest $1500 hardware. If they can encourage buyers to pick the latest and most expensive, they are.

Reactions: WSCorp65
If you could find a P3 4k that's what would be good . Has the 4k and also more power from TX .
In a no noise area I fly just testing this is what I can get with just the panel .
20,000.PNG That was pushing it . but I really like mine

Back to Antennas - I tried various flat panel, and several other types of antennas - and got great results - some very cheap $10 flatpanels worked great - all the range I needed.

But I spent more time modding, making brackets and testing the Antanaes than actually flying.. and it ended up looking like something Doc Brown would use.. so in the end I removed all the mods and just sold it to pickup a refurbed P4.

So just saying - I would question buying a P3S with intention of spending loads cash modding it if you just want to fly drones consider getting one with lightbridge for not much more - huge difference.

Surprised to hear that the P4P is going to go away. I would think that would become the base model sine it has the avoidance which might be good for us newbe pilots to have.

I know it has toyed with dropping in price. Twice in the last 3 weeks it was on woot for $799 new. I debated both times and it sold out in just over an hour. Now they sell the refurbished for $729 with some screwed up 30 day warranty.

Either way I am happy with my P3S. It does what I want it to for now. My plan is to eventually get a Mavic as I travel with my camper a fair bit and it would take us less space.

Surprised to hear that the P4P is going to go away. I would think that would become the base model sine it has the avoidance which might be good for us newbe pilots to have.

I know it has toyed with dropping in price. Twice in the last 3 weeks it was on woot for $799 new. I debated both times and it sold out in just over an hour. Now they sell the refurbished for $729 with some screwed up 30 day warranty.

Either way I am happy with my P3S. It does what I want it to for now. My plan is to eventually get a Mavic as I travel with my camper a fair bit and it would take us less space.

pretty sure the P4P = P4PRO is NOT discontinued-
the P4PRO is still a current and latest product

the P4 Base unit is being discontinued as is P3A and P3P

My fault. I was thinking the Phantom 4 base unit would become the entry level model. I few extra features and the Pro+ and Mavic would round out the consumer models.

I ended up getting extremely lucky on my drone. I purchased a phantom 3 pro right before Christmas from Best Buy. They price matched Adoramas site (camera site). Little did I know I was showing them a dji 4K. I did not realize the difference in the phantom 3 4K vs phantom 3 pro until I got home and read up on it. They price matched the p3p down to $560. Still not sure what the difference in the two drones are. Just know the prices are big jumps. Hope you find a great deal yourself!

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Had a p3 standard and thought it was great ! But got a deal on a very lightly used p3pro which is way better .The drone,camera and controller are all better than the standard so if you can find a deal on a pro or advanced don't hesitate you won't be sorry.

I saw this antenna mod that looked good. I haven't tried it but it certainly looks like it would be a quality upgrade.
Phantom 3 Standard with quick mount is in stock and shipping NOW – DBS Mods
I did this mod on my P3S and the only issue I found with the kit is that the cables that came with mine were too short so I ordered different (an in my opinion, better) cables from amazon - the seller was a Chinese company but the cables were very good and sized perfectly. Shipping was also very fast. Other than that the mod works very well although it is a bit directional so just be sure you keep the controller pointed straight at the bird.

Reactions: Littlepig
Had a p3 standard and thought it was great ! But got a deal on a very lightly used p3pro which is way better .The drone,camera and controller are all better than the standard so if you can find a deal on a pro or advanced don't hesitate you won't be sorry.

I just found a P3Pro for $799 from B&H Photo.
Good price?
Good dealer? Reputable?

Thoughts anyone?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl