US P3 Price Spike

Reaction score
Sadly, I've noticed a price spike for the P3S, and total elimination of the P3P line here in the States. (Via DJI.com)

This runs counter to my thinking that P3S and P3P would have dropped in price by now, especially with the P4P and Mavic in the stable. But then again, DJI really didn't reveal anything earth-shattering at CES-2017...

I'm a noob and have yet to acquire my DJI Phantom. My entry platform will most likely be P3S and I'll mod the antenna, but if I can snag a P3P at a great price, I'm in for the Pro!

Is the post-Christmas price spike a common occurrence? If so, when could we expect another price drop (pure speculation, I know).

I'm trying to get a sense for timing the market to maximize my buying power here.

Thanks!
W

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Reactions: HarleyKen
....oh, and if the pricing is super-sweet, I'd stretch my budget and step right up to the P4P which has been hovering (pun intended) at $1500US for a couple of months now.

Or, as a noob, should I just stick with the P3 line and use that P4 money to set up a nice P3 kit?

Apologies for all the ??? and especially if they're somewhere on the site. I did a search for "pricing" and found nothing current.

W

As far as I know they are dropping the Phantom 4 and all the Phantom 3's except the Phantom 3 Standard as the entry drone - so sounds about right that the P3S would go up in price as it will be the only low cost drone for a bit until the new range fills the gaps this leaves.

Look out for stock clearances maybe of the P3Pro the Phantom 4 or warehouse deals on Amazon. P3S it's still a great drone - just in areas with lots wifi noise the stock range can be limiting.

Reactions: WSCorp65
Thanks LP and Ozz...

Last week DJI had the Std (new) for $399, now it's $499

As to the Standard, Ozz, I'm in NJ which is the most densely populated state in the Union. The RF noise around here is so thick, I can see it on a foggy morning, lol! That's why I'd do an antenna mod on the P3S, to boost my signal fidelity...for that application, I'm looking at the $65 ARGTek kit....

Thanks,
W

Reactions: Littlepig
Threads plenty of threads here on both of those antennas and you do need to read them .
As far as my choice on that there is only one .Some love the other .Good luck.
c.jpg

Thx Dirk. You clearly have a preference for the dbs.

For the 2 controllers on the right (which are P3S controllers) what is the extra switch? Is that part of the dbs mod? Is there a battery-powered boost that you have on these mods?

You can catch P3S occasionally for $399. Bought mine from Target on sale for that.

Me too. I never even knew Target had these. I was doing a Google search.... then clicked on shopping and it came up. OP-Try that to get the best price. Also, it's typical for manufactures to lower prices for Christmas. If you see it for $399 again.... snap it up and don't sit on yer hands this time. LOL

You can get a refurbished P3S for $399 right now from DJI's store or from Drone Nerds on Ebay (partner of DJI). That's not as good as the deal they had when I bought mine a couple of weeks ago ($350), but I can vouch that the refurbished drone comes like new and still has the 1 year warranty. In fact, by opening the box, there is no way I could tell it wasn't brand new. It's definitely the cheapest way to get a Phantom, aside from those Black Friday deals on new ones.

Newegg also has a deal on the refurbished P3P for $569, and it also appears to be refurbished by DJI.

DJI Phantom 3 Professional 4K UHD Video Camera Drone-Newegg.com

Reactions: 2nd2non
I just missed the Target sale after xmas.
IMG_1568.PNG
IMG_1557.jpg
IMG_1566.jpg
IMG_1565.jpg
I have noticed that the price fluctuates daily on Amazon.

As far as I know they are dropping the Phantom 4 and all the Phantom 3's.

Wow really?

Isnt the 4 new ish?

What's there game plan then? Surely there not thinking everyone will buy mavics?

Czech: is that today's price?

Dazz: yup, as soon as I see $399 I'm in, lesson learned! Could've had one at close to $340 from Target just before Christmas...

Was hoping I could catch an after-Christmas sale at $399 including an extra battery. Now THAT would have been a great deal.

Travis: From the pricing I've seen, refurbished doesn't tend to be as deeply discounted as it should. IMHO a refurb should list for at least a 20% discount as compared to new. I work in the QA field, so I kinda have a no-go mindset when it comes to items requiring re-work

W

Sadly, I've noticed a price spike for the P3S, and total elimination of the P3P line here in the States. (Via DJI.com)

This runs counter to my thinking that P3S and P3P would have dropped in price by now, especially with the P4P and Mavic in the stable. But then again, DJI really didn't reveal anything earth-shattering at CES-2017...

I'm a noob and have yet to acquire my DJI Phantom. My entry platform will most likely be P3S and I'll mod the antenna, but if I can snag a P3P at a great price, I'm in for the Pro!

Is the post-Christmas price spike a common occurrence? If so, when could we expect another price drop (pure speculation, I know).

I'm trying to get a sense for timing the market to maximize my buying power here.

Thanks!
W

Good thing I ordered my P3S Refurb for $359 last month. Up $40 now.

Thx Dirk. You clearly have a preference for the dbs.

For the 2 controllers on the right (which are P3S controllers) what is the extra switch? Is that part of the dbs mod? Is there a battery-powered boost that you have on these mods?

That's a slow Yaw switch that J Dot makes that really slows down the yaw . Tx on the right is for my P2V ,I have the extender mounted on the back. Middle is the Standard and other is the P3 4K
And they are not amped. Just the panel's .

Dirk...

Thanks again! Found the J Dot mod and for $50 I'm already convinced it's well worth it!

To ALL: thanks for your replies to this thread! I'm convinced that P3S is my platform of choice and I can spend a few nickels to mod her up the way I'd like. As I plan to never let this girl past my LOS, I'm convinced this is the best bang for my buck.

Cmon DJI!!! Show me a new P3S with extra battery at $399 and I'm sold! Ok, same kit, but at $475? Do it DJI! You know you wanna!

W

Reactions: dirkclod
OK guys I have removed your post and you know why . We will not make political comments and if anymore are made after this post warnings will be issued and this thread will be closed .Please stay and topic . Thank You

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic