US P3 Price Spike

Ok so back to your topic.

I'm still really confused why DJI would drop the P4?

Czech: is that today's price?

Travis: From the pricing I've seen, refurbished doesn't tend to be as deeply discounted as it should. IMHO a refurb should list for at least a 20% discount as compared to new. I work in the QA field, so I kinda have a no-go mindset when it comes to items requiring re-work

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Completely understand. The only reason I jumped is because it was $350, and I'll admit $399 seems a little high for a refurb. On the other hand, DJI specifically states that their refurbs are from customers who sent back to DJI within 7 days, and that they "come with new parts, new packaging and DJI's standard Manufacturer Warranty". I am usually hesitant to buy refurbished products, but there are some exceptions, like directly from Apple, for example. And now DJI. I'm telling you that the refurbs from DJI are indistinguishable from new other than the serial number will indicate it is a refurb. Battery is new, packaging is new, props are new, and there were zero marks or blemishes on anything. And you get the same exact warranty as new.

I'm not necessarily trying to convince you, but just reassuring you that a refurb from DJI is not like a used item that has wear and tear. At the $350 that I paid, I think it was an incredible value. At $399, it's a little bit iffy since there are deals on new now and then. I'm not sure why the refurb prices jumped back up since DJI was selling them at $359 and Drone Nerds was selling them for $350 (same exact refurbs) just a couple weeks ago. If you are patient enough, I'm sure there will be new deals on both new and refurbs again in the near future.

Last edited:
Reactions: WSCorp65
Dazz, I'm equally perplexed, as a P4P was my stretch goal for acquisition, followed closely by the P3P, then the P3S. All are respectable platforms in their own right, but it WOULD have been nice to have options in between a $400-$500 P3S and the $1000 Mavic...

The QA Engineer that I am suspects that the P3A-P4P+ had one of 2 of the following:
1- too many returns, AKA defects.
2-they were incremental test platforms for the Mavic as evidenced by the sensor & camera configuration options on the way up the Mavic ladder.

And the saddest part is that I would have gladly paid more for the P4P than for the Mavic. Not intended to insult any Mavic owners, but with the Mavic and her design I can identify at least 2x more physical/structural failure points. I'm sure it's a fun vehicle, and I hope I'm wrong. I guess that's why I tend to buy on the "bleeding" edge of technology vs the "leading" edge...I like proven user experience that is 80%+ positive. And to add, the Mavic's landing ground clearance gives me much concern due to landing damage and contaminant infiltration (i.e. Sand and ground debris)....

I'm off my "non-ownership" soapbox now...thank you all for sharing your thought and opportunities muons and also allowing me to share mine [emoji1360]

W

Dazz, I'm equally perplexed, as a P4P was my stretch goal for acquisition, followed closely by the P3P, then the P3S. All are respectable platforms in their own right, but it WOULD have been nice to have options in between a $400-$500 P3S and the $1000 Mavic...

The QA Engineer that I am suspects that the P3A-P4P+ had one of 2 of the following:
1- too many returns, AKA defects.
2-they were incremental test platforms for the Mavic as evidenced by the sensor & camera configuration options on the way up the Mavic ladder.

I'm with you in that the p4 was my stretch goal.
So if they had problems with the p3A how would that affect the p3S?

Just can't see that a company like DJI would make consumers jump from a P3S straight to a magic. The price rose would be ridiculous.

Surley there needs to be steps upwards in sensible increments.

Either this or DJI have something up there sleeve like phantom 4 standards or the mavic's price drops dramatically and they introduce something new altogether.

Although that's silly as the mavic is 90% a professional film making peice of kit. At the very least it's extremely high end consumer grade.

Dazz, please bear in mind that a Mav is about $500 less than a P4P...

I've seen rumors of the tight partnership between Apple and DJI, and have also seen rumors of an Apple acquisition...

That being said...with the platform incrementalism and pricing to match, I'm very highly suspect that Apple is driving the DJI Profitability Bus...

And I've been on the Apple crackpipe for almost a decade now...it's expensive!

W

"Opportunities moun"????

What the **** was THAT???

Should have been "opinions on" **** Apple AUTOCORRECT!!!

Autel is looking good, NOW! LMAO!

I think Autel is starting to look good for my second drone.
Autel has some really trick ideas that appear to coming in the future. I looked at them before buying my P3S but their sale went off and the price went up $200 by the time I was ready to buy. Now I'm loving my P3S but I'll look HARD at Autel when I get ready to upgrade. Till then I'll just enjoy flying and sit back and watch what comes down the line.

Tell me about your blue cables. Any benefit over the ones shipped. If so, where and how much. Thx.
I tried the ones that came with it and being as I don't remove my panels I decided to try shorter ones to see if they made a difference in signal . I did a run with the long ones and switch them out and I did find I got better with the shorter ones . They are stiffer and really not some that you would want if you plan on removing your panel every time . Also I just thought they looked better :)
I like to experiment to see what does get me more distance . Have from the start . Here's where I got them SMA male to RP-SMA male both right angle RF lot RG402 Semi Flexible blue Cable | eBay

Dazz, a P4S sounds like a perfect middle-ground! My idea of a P4S would be the P4P camera package + the extended range of the P4S, minus the visual and sonar packages that already aren't on the P3S.
So, in my mind a P4S would be the P3S with P4P camera and Tx/Rx w/Lightbridge or better, usining the P4 battery configuration which provides 25-30 mins per charge. A $599 price point would have my sale RIGHT NOW!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl