Update 1.4fw, unstable straight line fly...

Reaction score
HI.

Im one of those you did keep almost until the end on 1.1.9fw + app1.1.0 (and very happy with it).

Finally, i did the 1.4 update, with success with the Microsd, follow by a IMU calibration after cool down a little the P3A.

After, using a pen, update the RC (300A) with 1.3.2. firmware, with success and only did take about 3 minutes the update.

First at all, i must say everything flys well, even the POI, except.....

- I Notice on the first fly, that the P3A when pushing only Right stick forward, the P3A instead of making a perfect line, starts drifting a little to the left.......very little and not visible sometimes....

I thought, maybe im nervous because of update, and did touch a little right the joystick...and im not using P-Mode.

Yesterday, with a little battery charge, i fly a little and notice on the ground the app asking for "Warming" the device....on 1.1.9, never happen. It did it on a few seconds...
As always, also, no issues....and on the air.....on the video i notice a very subtil fly to the right...almost impossible to see...

This morning, i put the P3 and battery outside my house for 30 minutes to cool. I did use a tool for measure the floor and did use the same place, the first time i buy the P3, for IMU calibration, and for the first time, gimball calibration. This time i use my Tablet with good "old" 1.1.0 app. Also forget to insert a microsd on the P3, (important for IMU)?

After, new fly.....the same problem:

Sometimes i notice a small "inclination" for the right....very subtil. This time i did use the 2 second pair of propellers, still virgins.
Also, there was no wind on the morning. Perfect weather conditions on early morning.

Im very perfectionist person.....and sometimes i start to thing that i see things that don`t exist...

For help, i put here a screen of data for first IMU calibration data, before try 2 IMU calibration this morning:

69dshe.png

The data from calibration IMU of this morning isn`t very different of this image....

Resuming:
- Going forward....sometimes i feel isn`t going 100% on a straight line.
- Looking to the image, i have that bad feeling something isn`t ok anymore, like on 1.1.9fw. Seems camera is a milimeter to the left, also. No horizontal problems that i notice.

Even 1meter of the floor, exactly at my front and aligned with my vision, pushing forward 6 meters, than 6 meters back, it starts drifting a little to my left...(no wind also).

Im i getting crazy? Sorry my bad English, all help is appreciated and sorry the long testament...

Reactions: Johnnygrinder
Thank Meta4:

Do i have to do another IMU, or just the a compass calibration before a flight?
That print was done on my room, just with the machine conected and take some prints.

Again, thank you very much in advance!

Ok....so i went to my garden, just powerup the machine, wait about 40 secunds to warm up and went to sensors:

Default values (not fixed values but jumping)

dyoajn.png

Then, calmly i rotate the P3 and get this values (again, jumping a little):

21mykci.png

I didn`t fly this time, just made the compass calibration outside.

Im not expert but they seem more aceptable now, right?

Well......maybe it was my impression.....need more flights to confirm this.
Weather here wasn`t been very good....

Thank you for the reply!

Altanore:

Can you confirm a very subtil drifting, with this 1.4fw?
Can you be more explicit? And how do you keep correcting? Compass calibration?

I noticed the same but I've not calibrated either compass or imu after upgrade to latest fw. I've to check better next flight after calibrate compass, i remember to have a value around 1450 in the mod, that's why i didn't calibrate

Now we are 3....

Someone on RCgroups suggests thats normal and to fly around a little that would solve the problem....

Other user suggest a new IMU....but after 2, gonna wait for the winter...

Did you tried to recalibrate the RC? Maybe for any reason, the mechanical zero of the stick gives now a non zero value or the calibrated value was cleared by the upgrade.

I noticed the same but I've not calibrated either compass or imu after upgrade to latest fw. I've to check better next flight after calibrate compass, i remember to have a value around 1450 in the mod, that's why i didn't calibrate
On any firmware upgrade, at least calibrate the IMU and Gimbal--

Altanore:

Can you confirm a very subtil drifting, with this 1.4fw?
Can you be more explicit? And how do you keep correcting? Compass calibration?
Correcting by moving the stick a little to the right when trying to fly straight. I did calibrate the compass and IMU after the firmware update. I didn't try the RC calibration though.

Correcting by moving the stick a little to the right when trying to fly straight. I did calibrate the compass and IMU after the firmware update. I didn't try the RC calibration though.
Do the RC-- only takes about a minute.

Why if it is not needed, values are ok and spin on a dime? Maybe was only the compass a little bit uncalibrated or the rc. I'll check next flight
If someone is having control issues then how would that person know if those were not caused by the IMU following an upgrade since that frequently happens in the upgrade process? If you don't calibrate it, then you will never know--

I believe that you can find an adequate consensus on this forum regarding the need to do and IMU calibration following a firmware update. That being said, DJI recommends a gimbal calibration following an IMU calibration.

Cheers:)

Well gentleman....it seems we and a few users on RCgroups, are complain about a small "drifting" on the machines....and im talking about some experienced users coming from P1 and Inspire machines...

Guys:

Are you shure when recording and going just forward, it doesn`t drift a little?
Check with your eyes and records....use a road on the ground as reference....

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tpren3