UNOFFICIAL Vision App for Android (Distance, Speed, etc) v11

Re: UNOFFICIAL Vision App for Android (Distance, Speed, etc)

I posted the following in the General Posting Area, but I am using V10 of the UNOFFICIAL Vision App, so I thought I would post it here also. Maybe some insite since I am using the modified app.

I was recently flying my Vision + V2.0 on a ground station mission. After it went past my waypoint 2, I saw on my smartphone screen that is was downloading my waypoints again. The lines on the screen that connect the waypoints were gone until it redownloaded the waypoints. This happened a couple of times, and during the last time, after redownloading the waypoints, the last waypoint was numbered 6, when I only had 4 waypoints in my mission. I immediately hit the RTH button and the bird turned around, came home and landed. I did notice that the connection was lost, then reaquired just before it started redownloading the waypoints. I've flown a lot of ground station missions before and never had this happen before.

Has anyone seen this before or explain what is happening? I thought once the waypoints were downloaded to the bird, nothing else really mattered. It just flew its mission. Even if the connection was lost between the controller and the bird, or the connection between the smartphone and the bird over Wifi.

Thanks for any words of wisdom.

P.S. I will not be upgrading the firmware in my Vision + so that I can still run this app. It is an amazing app and I use it all the time for unrestricted Ground Station missions.

Thanks Coffee!!

^ Congratulations on being the 1000th post :lol: :lol:

In terms of displaying with the lines disappearing, that's normal when it disconnects. Because it doesn't have any active communication between the Phantom and the app, it gets rid of the lines and the aircraft location. The app basically works to sync the information between the Phantom and you. So if you disconnect, no more info-- but the whole mission is uploaded to the Phantom at the time of hitting GO. No other information is transmitted to the Phantom after that, that is needed for it to complete the mission. It's normal to see "Downloading" messages while regaining a connection for an active ground station mission.

What's odd is that it got the way point numbering wrong. That seems like a weird bug. Was the last way point # 6 where you had placed #4? Or was it in a different location?

ilovecoffee,

Thanks for the reply. That makes me feel a little better about flying missions that loose connection. I just got nervous when I saw it redownloading the waypoints and thought the bird would fly off to never, never land until the waypoints were redownloaded.
As for the renumbering of the waypoints, I thought that was a weird occurrence, also. And, yes, my last waypoint, waypoint #4, became waypoint #6 after the redownloading. But, as long as the bird will fly its total mission once the original download is complete and the bird takes off, I'm good with that. I'm working my way up to flying the bird totally out of range.

Thanks!

ilovecoffee said:
Sign in with username: dji and password: 1234

Why would that work (It does) but not my regular account login like I use on the DJI provided app?

What is the deal?
While installing, the privacy shows that this app has access to "directly call phone numbers"
Privacy states that this "allows the app to call phone numbers without your intervention".

While ilovecoffee can answer for sure, it's probably just an option left checked in the development environment as I see no reason to call phone numbers.

PhilD13 said:
ilovecoffee said:
Sign in with username: dji and password: 1234

Why would that work (It does) but not my regular account login like I use on the DJI provided app?

Sometimes their server is known to go down and not allow logins. This username/password was hard coded in by DJI in the app to allow quick access without registration or internet access.

craig4855 said:
What is the deal?
While installing, the privacy shows that this app has access to "directly call phone numbers"
Privacy states that this "allows the app to call phone numbers without your intervention".

Not sure what part of the app needs that access. The original app also needs this access. I think perhaps the fact that they have a support number in there (somewhere in settings) to call that you can click to call....that's my guess.

ilovecoffee,

I have been working on modifying the 500m altitude limit for the DJI pilot app for the inspire 1 using eclipse and have been struggling to find the variables in which the flight limits are sitting. I don't want to ask you to do all of the work for me, but i was hoping you could tell me where within the app you were able to find the distance limits that you modified on your vision app and hopefully it will be similar for the inspire app. thanks!

dogemaster said:
ilovecoffee,

I have been working on modifying the 500m altitude limit for the DJI pilot app for the inspire 1 using eclipse and have been struggling to find the variables in which the flight limits are sitting. I don't want to ask you to do all of the work for me, but i was hoping you could tell me where within the app you were able to find the distance limits that you modified on your vision app and hopefully it will be similar for the inspire app. thanks!

Would this not be set with desktop software? Not sure how it works with the Inspire, but with the height limits on the Phantom, it's set using the desktop Assistant software. You can remove these limits that way with the Phantom. There's nothing in the Vision app that regulates height.

Edit: Looks like you've already figured it out on the inspirepilots forums?

ilovecoffee, any chance of getting flight log and live flight tracking in your next iteration?

Love your app, however I really don't use GS for my P2V.
I prefer to stay on firmware 1.08 as it's seem more stable than
most of the updates.

TY,

wjflier2 said:
ilovecoffee, any chance of getting flight log and live flight tracking in your next iteration?

Love your app, however I really don't use GS for my P2V.
I prefer to stay on firmware 1.08 as it's seem more stable than
most of the updates.

TY,

Hey wjflier2, I won't be making any significant feature additions like that to the app. These are just modifications.

I flew a 11,000 or 12,000 feet Ground Station mission today and when the Quad came back into control distance, I received a dialog box with a message stating that there was not enough power to return to home. By now, the Quad is over top of me. I look at my screen and my battery is saying 46% and WiFi extender is at 90%.

Any idea why I would receive this message with so much left on the battery?

I did use Phone as Home point along with dynamic home point.

I am using the most recent version of the app and I've never seen this message before on previous flights. It was windy. So, maybe it was estimating the wind it fought during the mission?

This was a Phantom 2 Vision+ V3.0

Any opinions?

UPDATE: After a little more research, it appears this is a common problem with others when using Dynamic Home Point. Perhaps a bug because everyone that mentioned the problem had more than 30-40% battery remaining and the Quad was close by. So, for now, I'm turning off dynamic home point. I guess I wont be setting up my missions before hand anymore with the UnOfficial App.

^ Interesting. I haven't heard of this issue before. Can't see why that would interfere.

You can still plan your missions before turning it on. Just enabled Use Phone as Home Point but don't enable Dynamic Home Point. Just keep in mind that it will register your home point to wherever your phone is when you swipe to enter ground station mode- and it will not change. So basically don't pre-plan far away from where you plan on taking off.

ilovecoffee said:
^ Interesting. I haven't heard of this issue before. Can't see why that would interfere.

You can still plan your missions before turning it on. Just enabled Use Phone as Home Point but don't enable Dynamic Home Point. Just keep in mind that it will register your home point to wherever your phone is when you swipe to enter ground station mode- and it will not change. So basically don't pre-plan far away from where you plan on taking off.

Great! I will give that a shot. Thanks again.

Hello, I'm french and just new in P2V+ flight but would love use your app which will permit me to get rid with these stupid distance limite in ground station.I just dowloaded your apk file on my mac, put it on my sd card inside my android device but even when I use apk manager or another stuff, impossible to see the file on my card.
Do you have any idea of this problem in order to help me or an other way to install it on my samsung ?
Thanks a lot for your help and your job.

Thanks PhilAnderson for you help but I tried to use My Files but I can't find the .apk file from IloveCoffee in the different directories.
I don't understand because I put the file on the root of my SD card, this is the only file that contain the sd card and it's like it was invisible.
I tried Astro File Manager too without success. However, I can see the size of the lovecofee file in the SdCard menu of the phone.
Is there anyway to download and install it directly from the phone

Is this a security settings issue?? Read somewhere you have to tick a box on the device to allow apps not from play store or something like??

Yes I ticked this box to allow unknown apps but it doesn't change anything.
All apk managers app tell me no file on sd
I wanted to try by USB directly on my mac, but the Samsung directories don't come on mac desktop, perhaps I should try with a PC

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT