UNOFFICIAL Vision App for Android (Distance, Speed, etc) v11

Re: UNOFFICIAL Vision App for Android (Distance, Speed, etc)

Bigcat said:
Hi, I've read all 104 pages of this excellent thread but just wanted clarification on one point before I fly using this modified app.

As I understand it, return to home when contact is lost is disabled in GS, but will it still work in normal GPS mode when you're flying manually? And do I still need to set altitude limits for this mode in the Assistant software or are they disabled in this app? Thanks :)

Think of it as almost two apps, just like the DJI original app. You have the normal fly it yourself mode and you have waypoints or Ground Station mode. The only thing Coffee has done is modify the height you can select for each waypoint and the distance you can fly in waypoints. The altitude you set in the Assistant software is not affected by waypoints, two separate functions.

It's not that RTH has been disabled by Coffee or by DJI when contact is lost, it's just that the mission has been uploaded to the Phantom itself and doesn't need any further control signal. If you program a long flight no doubt you will lose FPV and control signal. Doesn't matter, the Phantom will continue until the programmed waypoints are finished and then will return to home and hover. At that point you will flip S1 down and back up to regain control.

Great info thank you.

I was a bit concerned as the first time I tried rth it worked perfectly but, since I changed the rth height in the stock app to 60m the phantom moves into the correct overhead position but just hovers at that height and does not descend, even with both s1 and s2 in the uppermost positions. Not sure what is going on there but at least it is low enough to take manual control again

Bigcat said:
Great info thank you.

I was a bit concerned as the first time I tried rth it worked perfectly but, since I changed the rth height in the stock app to 60m the phantom moves into the correct overhead position but just hovers at that height and does not descend, even with both s1 and s2 in the uppermost positions. Not sure what is going on there but at least it is low enough to take manual control again

The phantom will just hover over your home position till you take control or the battery goes low enough to initiate auto land.

The phantom will just hover over your home position till you take control or the battery goes low enough to initiate auto land.

Seems I saw a setting of either RTH and Hover or RTH and and land. ....otf

Can someone tell me.. the round circle that is drawn around the home point... I thought with this mod app drew a huge circle ??
or does it let you just put way points outside of the circle ? I was actually doing GS missions which I hadn't done properly before in 5 months... was pretty cool.. but yeah I thought with this mod app it was a huuuge circle ??

just wondering.. thanks :)

justin00 said:
Can someone tell me.. the round circle that is drawn around the home point... I thought with this mod app drew a huge circle ??
or does it let you just put way points outside of the circle ? I was actually doing GS missions which I hadn't done properly before in 5 months... was pretty cool.. but yeah I thought with this mod app it was a huuuge circle ??

just wondering.. thanks :)

Yes you can go beyond the circle its just there to let you know the limits for battery purposes. Not saying if you fly outside the circle battery will die but it just gives you a point of reference to be careful about.

thanks, just thought the circle was much larger with this mod app... maybe its smaller if I load orig map :)

Will this app work on Android 4.4 Kitkat? Looking to buy the Samsung Galaxy Tab S

Anyone?

PhilAnderson said:
It's not that RTH has been disabled by Coffee or by DJI when contact is lost, it's just that the mission has been uploaded to the Phantom itself and doesn't need any further control signal. If you program a long flight no doubt you will lose FPV and control signal. Doesn't matter, the Phantom will continue until the programmed waypoints are finished and then will return to home and hover. At that point you will flip S1 down and back up to regain control.

There is ONE difference. If you are flying normally and your quad thinks it might not have enough power to get home, it turns around and comes back.

When you are using Groundstation either with this app or with the regular DJI one that doesn't happen. It just keeps on flying until it runs dry and lands.

No criticism of Coffee intended but too bad he didn't mod that behavior. It be smarter to abandon the mission and return home when you are low on gas?

sbarton said:
Definitely a good idea if doable.

If you still have control signal during a GS Mission, if you switch to Atti mode it will stop mission right?
Yes

BryanMicon said:
Ok I need to be able to fly unrestricted.

This is how I drone:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SEsRbOeGFMc

I drone hard.

So many ideas, must never have this beautiful piece of human engineering height limited, and must have full waypointing capabilities.

Please, tell me there is an SDK! Why has the link been removed!? Oh nooooes don't tease me sweet internet!

I don't see how flying under a bridge at a snail's pace is "droning hard"...

GSSP said:
Will this app work on Android 4.4 Kitkat? Looking to buy the Samsung Galaxy Tab S

Anyone?

I'm using the Tab S and modified app. I just started with it, and noticed some lag yesterday. A short couple of GS missions were successful also. I found a good mount on Ebay for it.

miket234 said:
GSSP said:

Anyone?

I'm using the Tab S and modified app. I just started with it, and noticed some lag yesterday. A short couple of GS missions were successful also. I found a good mount on Ebay for it.

Thank you, what is your preview quality set to? The Tab S is a very powerful tablet.

GSSP said:
miket234 said:
GSSP said:

Anyone?

Thank you, what is your preview quality set to? The Tab S is a very powerful tablet.

I had it set at 640x480 15fps. Do you think another setting would be better for the Tab S? Seemed more like the lagging was sporadic, and was not too big of deal that day. I only noticed it towards the end of the shoot. I really love the tablet!

I use 640x480 15fps on my first gen ipad mini now and it lags bad, switching to Tab s

Is anyone else having problems getting into the GS section of the app? I swipe left to get to the GS section but as soon as I do that it goes blank and then goes back to the home page were you can select camera.setting etc.

This is on a Note 3.

wewin1 said:
Is anyone else having problems getting into the GS section of the app? I swipe left to get to the GS section but as soon as I do that it goes blank and then goes back to the home page were you can select camera.setting etc.

This is on a Note 3.

Make sure GS and dynamic home point is checked. The dynamic home point is if your not connected to the phantom. Also make sure the tablets GPS is on.

I just did mine and it works fine.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT