UNOFFICIAL Vision App for Android (Distance, Speed, etc) v11

Re: UNOFFICIAL Vision App for Android (Distance, Speed, etc)

Yes both are checked. I might uninstall it and reinstall it to see if it fixes it.

wewin1 said:
Yes both are checked. I might uninstall it and reinstall it to see if it fixes it.

You have a data plan with a cellular network? You must have one.

Yes I have cell service. I never had a problem with the official app going into GS. Only the ilovecoffee app.

ilovecoffee said:
Make sure you have "Use Phone as Home Point" disabled. This causes a crash for devices that don't have built in GPS, although shouldn't happen on a Note 3...

Just disabled it and it fixed my problem. Thank you. Strange that it does that cause this is a Verizon phone that has GPS and cell service.

Interested in getting your GS App,do you know if it will work on the Huddle at ablest in UK,also how gar in range is it safe to do so and come home before Batt gets too low?,what distance have people flown away before coming back to home point?

Loving the modified app and all seems to be working well, with one exception. My compass display is inverted, with the pointed end showing my rear direction and the open end what's in front of me. Any suggestions?

Taximan650 said:
Interested in getting your GS App,do you know if it will work on the Huddle at ablest in UK,also how gar in range is it safe to do so and come home before Batt gets too low?,what distance have people flown away before coming back to home point?

I do not know what "Huddle at ablest" is, but as for the second part of the question I have flown mine on a 6 mile round trip before. I do not suggest you start with that long of a flight though.

Ok thanks,that was a Typo Error Ablest ha,just meant the Huddle Tablet,would it work with the Ilovecoffee App?3 mile round trip that is great,did you have much Batt power left after?

Hi Coffee, and everyone. My first post here, a strange thing happened to me today, i am using the app for a while now but havent use GS till today. After flying a while in GPS and ATTI mode i have put in a fresh battery and loaded a short Gs mission with 3 waypoints all of them at 30m height. When i hit GO the Phantom moved about a feet forward and flip over, like a bird with a broken wing. I flipped S1 to atti and back to be able to switch the motors off, but it with no sucsess, grabbed it by the leg and manage to swith it of at the battery. Luckily no damage. i flew it again in normal mode, was to scared to try GS again. I live in South Africa and it was a hot afternoon, 32 degree and no wind. With the original GS i always start GS after i reached about 20 - 30m. i didnt do it today. Any ideas?
A couple more questions in your UNOFFICIAL app do you still have a circle (raduis) around home point, i dont have one.
When i get more than 11 gps my icon turns red, and sometimes with 8 to 10 it jump between red and green?
Thanks and have a great day. 01h30 here and time for bed.

Taximan650 said:
Ok thanks,that was a Typo Error Ablest ha,just meant the Huddle Tablet,would it work with the Ilovecoffee App?3 mile round trip that is great,did you have much Batt power left after?

Your tablet I'm not sure about but it should work as long as its running a newer version of Android. My 6 mile round trip was pretty much the end line for me as far as battery was concerned. As the bird came back to me after that trip it went in to autoland mode because the battery was getting down to 20 percent or less. All batteries are different of course so that's why I say start smaller and work your way out and see how your battery does.

Ok thanks a lot I'm hoping to get Tablet soon and the GS App look forward to using it...

Anyone try PFV mode in ilovecoffee? I just experimented with mine to record tilt & pitch on radar pix and found it does not work. perhaps it does not work in OEM dji version either? pv+ ver 3 3.08 fw.

In anycase, with full gps sats, if I tilt drone forward or back, the camera tries to remain horizontal. ditto if pitch sideways. I expected PFV to have it remain at same position so I could see how I really flew?

What is the oldest good firmware version that works with V3.0 and ILCv11?
Basically I don't want to use the latest firmware, but I want to use the ILoveCoffeeAppv11 with my new p2v+ V3.0.
Assistant 3.0, 3.2, 3.4, or 3.6?
http://droneslinger.com/software.html
Thanks.

-Scott

Coffee,

Awhile back you mentioned China changed the source code making it harder to update the Unofficial Vision App. Will your app work if I install the latest firmware and software? Thanks

Avanti1963 said:
Coffee,

Awhile back you mentioned China changed the source code making it harder to update the Unofficial Vision App. Will your app work if I install the latest firmware and software? Thanks

Hey Avanti, it may not work. I'm not entirely sure. I haven't bothered to update mine. I just have not had the time lately to work on it but it's still able to be modded- it's just in a state of being half done.

In any case it seems Kenargo is quickly making progress on the ground station side of things, I feel that ultimately that will become the app of choice over DJI's version at the rate things are progressing.

Well I just did a flight using the GS bank and turn feature switched on. Absolutely awesome feature! Don't think I'll be risking losing this apps functionality by updating the firmware if there is a risk. If it ain't broke and all that.... Nice job Coffee, thank you!

An odd thing did occur though. Did a couple of flights at one location - all good - then moved to another location about 1/2 mile away, did all the startup procedure things (compass calibration etc) and the motors wouldn't start. Eventually got it going after power cycling everything, did another flight then moved to another location about a mile away and the same thing happened again only this time no matter what I did I couldn't get the the motors to start. Got home an hour later, tried again and motors fired up no problem. The only thing I did differently this time was to completely close the app and restart it rather than leaving it on in the background while changing locations. I checked home points at every location and they were set perfectly.

Anyone else had this issue? Otherwise I am wondering if the motors have a shut down feature if they get too hot. I live in Aus and it does get hot here, but it was only about 25C this morning with very light winds.

So I just downloaded this app and have a comment/concern. I just updated to firmware 3.12 today, I went out to fly my P2V+ and once I got it in the air I kept getting a phantom connection error (whatever it says when you lose connection, a screaming 4 month old is rather distracting right now). It would maintain FPV video for the most part, and I still had control of the phantom and it didn't try to return to home. So this was the first time I've had this issue, and the first time I've used this app, so I brought down my phantom, uninstalled the modded app, reinstalled the DJI app, and the problem went away (I didn't turn off my phantom, wifi booster, or tx while I swapped apps).

Might this have something to do with the new firmware update?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20