UNOFFICIAL Vision App for Android (Distance, Speed, etc) v11

Re: UNOFFICIAL Vision App for Android (Distance, Speed, etc)

I have a vision which is 1160 gram in weight, about 100 grams lighter than vision plus (battery saver) which have a 3 axil gimbal that are running 3 additional motors that also drain battery juice (battery consumers) . So, I flew my vision today long range (11376 meters that is 37322 feet) and it came back in 15 minutes with 39% battery left, much better than vision plus. Today's weather was very good with wind of only 3 mph.

here is the link: http://youtu.be/Gqcv9yQYZOA
please notice the video is played at speed of 2x

PageLog.asp

yali said:
I have a vision which is 1160 gram in weight, about 100 grams lighter than vision plus (battery saver) which have a 3 axil gimbal that are running 3 additional motors that also drain battery juice (battery consumers) . So, I flew my vision today long range (11376 meters that is 37322 feet) and it came back in 15 minutes with 39% battery left, much better than vision plus. Today's weather was very good with wind of only 3 mph.

PageLog.asp
Oh nice. Good to know for us extreme GS users. You get an additional 10,000 feet to the trip!

yali said:

PageLog.asp
Oh nice. Good to know for us extreme GS users. You get an additional 10,000 feet to the trip!

To each his own, but I had to stop watching fairly quickly as my eyeballs were hurting. I'll sacrifice distance for video stability any day of the week.

I just downloaded this app.

It won't work on my Nexus 7 1st Gen. I recently updated it all and cleared alot of stuff off it, in order to improve performance, anyway the app starts fine, but when I fire up my phantom, it just crashes, rinse and repeat, nothing seems to work.

Let me approach this from the other end....

Which 7" Android OS and devices work with this app that doesn't cost an arm and leg?

I use a Nexus 7 Google 2013 model with no problems and also a Memo Pad 8".

JDNC said:
Let me approach this from the other end....

Which 7" Android OS and devices work with this app that doesn't cost an arm and leg?

I can tell you that there are widespread problems with Lollipop (5+), Nexus devices, and the Vision App.
The app crashes on engine start, and GS will not work. t's not on all Nexus devices, but the large majority of them.
My Nexus 4 stopped working instantly when "upgraded" to Lollipop 5.0, no change with 5.01.
Shell be undergoing the downgrade to Kit Kat 4.X as soon as I can get to it.
In the meantime, I'm using a Generic 4.X tablet, which at least doesn't crash on engine start, but, as it has no GPS, G.S. does not work.

Thanks, I recently boxed my tablet up and will return for something else.

Just as I install the app, the snow begins to fall here in the Washington, DC. area. No testing today.

I guess that gives me time to find an answer to this question... Is it necessary to adjust my distance radius in the DJI Phantom Assistant desktop app before flying GS missions? Or, do these settings not have an effect on Ground Station flights?

Also, I saw where we could use dji/1234 as login for the app. However, the app asks for an email address not a username. Was this for an earlier version? I'm running version 11.

djsydvicious said:
Just as I install the app, the snow begins to fall here in the Washington, DC. area. No testing today.

I guess that gives me time to find an answer to this question... Is it necessary to adjust my distance radius in the DJI Phantom Assistant desktop app before flying GS missions? Or, do these settings not have an effect on Ground Station flights?

Also, I saw where we could use dji/1234 as login for the app. However, the app asks for an email address not a username. Was this for an earlier version? I'm running version 11.

To answer the former, I don't know... I don't think the limit will interfere with a ground station flight, but I have no limits set.

To answer the latter, yes it says e-mail but if you put in dji as the e-mail field, and 1234 in the password field, it will still work. :D

ilovecoffee said:
djsydvicious said:

To answer the former, I don't know... I don't think the limit will interfere with a ground station flight, but I have no limits set.

To answer the latter, yes it says e-mail but if you put in dji as the e-mail field, and 1234 in the password field, it will still work. :D
It kept coming back telling me I had incorrect info when I used dji/1234. Should I have been offline when I used that combo? I believe I was online. So, it was probably trying to authentic on their end.

UPDATE: I just tried the username and password while Offline and it worked. Thanks

Coffee, i just recalled i had to ask a question concerning the distance displayed in the application.
I don't recall if i asked it before ? I am old and deluded, sometimes confused.
As a long distance flier i can do distances far beyond the stock setup.
The original app goes to distance: n/a after 20.000ft, even 18 or 16.000ft in the V1.0.54 onwards.
Is there any chance you can notice or address this ?

ToThePoint said:
Coffee, i just recalled i had to ask a question concerning the distance displayed in the application.
The original app goes to distance: n/a after 20.000ft, even 18 or 16.000ft in the V1.0.54 onwards.

I don't recall hearing that before. Interesting didn't know that it says N/A. I'll look into it when I take a look at 1.0.56 this week.

Bad news. Looks like DJI finally obfuscated all their code, I have a feeling directly a result of this.

Of course it's still editable...but generally looks like a pain in the *** to do anything meaningful.

Obfuscation means that when they compile the app, it converts all variable names and function names to stuff like "AA, BB, ZA" instead of "MAX_RADIUS, MAX_HEIGHT, TURN_TYPE" etc. including all the file names have been obfuscated as well so hard to tell what is what. It's a method to make modifications as such that I am doing next to impossible.

So this may be it for the unofficial app.

Sorry guys!

I would have wished DJI would have turned a blind eye towards these enthusiast mods since these sort of things build a strong community and user base, as well it may have increased sales (lost phantoms? :lol:) and limit the liability on DJI's part since it's not them releasing these modifications but clearly satisfy a certain user desire. Oh well.

ilovecoffee said:
ToThePoint said:

I don't recall hearing that before. Interesting didn't know that it says N/A. I'll look into it when I take a look at 1.0.56 this week.

Thats a pity the new version isn't editable.
Any chance that you look into the n/a in the 1.0.54 version ?

ilovecoffee said:
This post has been removed. This modified version was never for sale and as such does not belong in the Classifieds section. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Please, point me to the paypal link. Thanks.

Skydronik said:
ilovecoffee said:
This post has been removed. This modified version was never for sale and as such does not belong in the Classifieds section. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Please, point me to the paypal link. Thanks.
Me too!

Thanks guys. It's in my signature.

But please note that I don't know how realistic it will be for updates to follow given the recent update of the Vision App. At least for the time being the latest update isn't a huge one in terms of features...and hopefully there are some third party apps using the SDK in the works that also don't have limits... Or at least one that I've heard of.

Cheers!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AnndyManuka