UNOFFICIAL Vision App for Android (Distance, Speed, etc) v11

Re: UNOFFICIAL Vision App for Android (Distance, Speed, etc)

ilovecoffee said:
^ I'm getting the impression that the ground station component just does not work with GPS-less devices.

Can you post the crash log?

Make sure dynamic home point and use phone as home point are turned Off as both these components will need to access your device's location when entering ground station.

I will have to post the crash log tonight as I am at work.

Allram said:
GS function is not working on any device without GPS

Well, that sucks! But if that's true it ends my searching for an answer and the Tab I bought is a waste. I wonder why the ipads work without gps and the androids will not? I have a ipad that works but I bought the tab to put in my case. Man this sucks! :(

Thanks

What am I actually looking for in the Play store, I've obviously searched DJI vision etc. but I can't find this actual app.

arich666 said:
What am I actually looking for in the Play store, I've obviously searched DJI vision etc. but I can't find this actual app.

The link to download it is in the first post.

Here is the crash log from my tablet, which has no GPS, when I try to enter ground station. I hope it is useful.
Once I use the app TetherGPS to connect my tablet to a GPS enabled device, ground station works correctly.

java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: provider doesn't exisit: null
at android.os.Parcel.readException(Parcel.java:1429)
at android.os.Parcel.readException(Parcel.java:1379)
at android.location.ILocationManager$Stub$Proxy.requestLocationUpdates(ILocationManager.java:538)
at android.location.LocationManager.requestLocationUpdates(LocationManager.java:836)
at android.location.LocationManager.requestLocationUpdates(LocationManager.java:430)
at dji.gs.GsView.onResume(GsView.java)
at dji.gs.GsMain$1.run(GsMain.java)
at android.os.Handler.handleCallback(Handler.java:725)
at android.os.Handler.dispatchMessage(Handler.java:92)
at android.os.Looper.loop(Looper.java:152)
at android.app.ActivityThread.main(ActivityThread.java:5132)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invokeNative(Native Method)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:511)
at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit$MethodAndArgsCaller.run(ZygoteInit.java:793)
at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit.main(ZygoteInit.java:560)
at dalvik.system.NativeStart.main(Native Method)

java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: provider doesn't exist: gps
at android.os.Parcel.readException(Parcel.java:1469)
at android.os.Parcel.readException(Parcel.java:1419)
at android.location.ILocationManager$Stub$Proxy.requestLocationUpdates(ILocationManager.java:540)
at android.location.LocationManager.requestLocationUpdates(LocationManager.java:877)
at android.location.LocationManager.requestLocationUpdates(LocationManager.java:471)
at android.os.Handler.handleCallback(Handler.java:733)
at android.os.Handler.dispatchMessage(Handler.java:95)
at android.os.Looper.loop(Looper.java:136)
at android.app.ActivityThread.main(ActivityThread.java:5017)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:515)
at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit$MethodAndArgsCaller.run(ZygoteInit.java:779)
at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit.main(ZygoteInit.java:595)

This is my crash log for what its worth,

And, as I mentioned before, if your device doesn't have GPS, it's a gambled if it works. Some claim it does but mine doesn't and the code shows that the exception (error) catching isn't too grand. When I turn off my locations services (No GPS) I have the same problems that you do, erratic behavior and crash logs that point to errors getting the home point or location.

I'm not sure what else to add. Evidently some can magically make it work and I'm not sure what the differences are.

Richard

Some of us have an ongoing annoyance with the older style controller and the way the gimbal behaves when using a tilt lever on the back of the controller.
Upgrade mode is intended for the new controller with tilt wheel, but using the lever on the back, it's very difficult to stop it creeping up or down especially during flight.
In Basic mode the tilt lever works beautifully on the bench, but when connected to the app, that takes over disabling the tilt lever.

It occurred to me that it might be possible to modify something in the app which disabled the gimbal control, and then the tilt lever might continue to function in Basic mode when the app is connected?
If this worked, would it be possible as another new feature - ideally turn on or off - I wonder?

Well I purchased a cheap android tablet basically to use coffee's modified app. Apparently it's just not going to work. I haven't used android devices in a while and am more comfortable with apple devices. My vision plus V3 works with the alters dji app but I just can't save missions. I did download the stand a lone dji GS app last night and it appears to be ok but I don't think you can switch back and forth from camera view. I can't find a manual for it yet so I'm in the dark as what it will do. I know I could upgrade to a more expensive tablet with gps but from what I've read that may be a shot in the dark. As for the stand alone GS app, some reviews say the maps are 5 years old, but I don't find that to be the case.

Thank you all for your input and feed back.

JD

ilovecoffee said:
^ I'm getting the impression that the ground station component just does not work with GPS-less devices.

Make sure dynamic home point and use phone as home point are turned Off as both these components will need to access your device's location when entering ground station.

at android.location.ILocationManager$Stub$Proxy.requestLocationUpdates(ILocationManager.java:540)
at android.location.LocationManager.requestLocationUpdates(LocationManager.java:877)
at android.location.LocationManager.requestLocationUpdates(LocationManager.java:471)
at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit$MethodAndArgsCaller.run(ZygoteInit.java:779)

Maybe this will help.

JDNC said:
Well I purchased a cheap android tablet basically to use coffee's modified app. Apparently it's just not going to work. I haven't used android devices in a while and am more comfortable with apple devices. My vision plus V3 works with the alters dji app but I just can't save missions. I did download the stand a lone dji GS app last night and it appears to be ok but I don't think you can switch back and forth from camera view. I can't find a manual for it yet so I'm in the dark as what it will do. I know I could upgrade to a more expensive tablet with gps but from what I've read that may be a shot in the dark. As for the stand alone GS app, some reviews say the maps are 5 years old, but I don't find that to be the case.

Thank you all for your input and feed back.

JD

Well crap, I now think the stand alone GS app I was referring to is Bluetooth. Back to square one. :oops:

JDNC said:
ilovecoffee said:

Maybe this will help.

Thanks for sending this as well. I will double check if I can't fix this bug from DJI. Two things though, if your device is rooted I think you can spoof your GPS location with several apps on the playstore. That may be a workaround.

Another workaround may be to enable airplane mode before swiping to groundstation, and then disabling it once you're inside. That is a guess.

ilovecoffee said:
JDNC said:
ilovecoffee said:

Maybe this will help.

Thanks for sending this as well. I will double check if I can't fix this bug from DJI. Two things though, if your device is rooted I think you can spoof your GPS location with several apps on the playstore. That may be a workaround.

Another workaround may be to enable airplane mode before swiping to groundstation, and then disabling it once you're inside. That is a guess.

My tablet doesnt have airplane mode and is not rooted.
Thanks, for checking into this.

^ every Android device with wireless protocols has airplane mode. Try holding down the power button for the power down options. One of them should be airplane mode. Or depending on the device, the notification center from swiping down should have quick toggles for airplane mode.

ilovecoffee said:
^ every Android device with wireless protocols has airplane mode. Try holding down the power button for the power down options. One of them should be airplane mode. Or depending on the device, the notification center from swiping down should have quick toggles for airplane mode.

Yeah you're right as I remember now. I was thinking as it didn't have 3G it would not have it. Ill try that at lunch today.

I got mine to work by turning off "use phone as home point". I do not have my phantom right now to make sure that it will still lock in your home point, but I do not see why it wouldn't. Also (of course) have GS turned on.

I wonder if there is a difference how the code is handled in the android OS depending if you have a gps sensor but have location services turned off versus not having the gps sensor at all. That may explain why we see different results than others as I actually have the GPS sensor but I'm turning it off trying to duplicate what others are seeing. I will play around with some different combinations this weekend and see if I can get it going and report any crash logs, if it's helpful.

Even when I had GPS on, and had bad signal (not enough satellites) I would get a crash with "use Phone as Home Point" enabled but not with it disabled.
If I had good GPS signal then it all worked fine with no crashes.

Bear501 said:
I got mine to work by turning off dynamic home point AND use phone as home point. I do not have my phantom right now to make sure that it will still lock in your home point, but I do not see why it wouldn't. Also (of course) have GS turned on.

JDNC said:
ilovecoffee said:

Yeah you're right as I remember now. I was thinking as it didn't have 3G it would not have it. Ill try that at lunch today.

My Tablet only has a Silent mode, I guess thats the airplane mode. I tried what you suggested but it didnt work either.

ilovecoffee said:

My tablet is rooted, so I am not certain, but TetherGPS doesn't state that the device needs to be rooted for it to be able to spoof your GPS location.

I have tried airplane mode, sorry but it doesn't work.

JDNC said:
JDNC said:
ilovecoffee said:

My Tablet only has a Silent mode, I guess thats the airplane mode. I tried what you suggested but it didnt work either.

Correction, I found the airplane mode in a pull down but tried and that doesn't work either.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl