UNOFFICIAL Vision App for Android (Distance, Speed, etc) v11

Re: UNOFFICIAL Vision App for Android (Distance, Speed, etc)

Guys, I have found that the link doesn't work through Tapatalk just in case that is what you are trying to use

eyecon82 said:
Guys, I have found that the link doesn't work through Tapatalk just in case that is what you are trying to use

No I went straight to the website to download it.

ilovecoffee said:
JJM said:
Forts said:
Do you have the stock app installed? If so, remove it first.

No.

What exactly is the error or issue you are experiencing that prevents you from installing? Did you enable Unknown Sources in your security settings?

"There is a problem parsing the package."

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1421188662.752750.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1421188662.752750.jpg
    241.3 KB · Views: 449

What version of Android are you running?

Forts said:

This old phone I'm using is running 2.3.4

woobisah said:
JJM said:
Forts said:

Wow, you are still on Gingerbread? :lol:

I guess! I'm not too familiar with android because I prefer apple. But since this app isn't available on iOS, pulled out a dinosaur hoping to be able to use it for the app. I think this phone is an htc droid.

That might be the problem... I think the minimum is 4.0.

Forts said:
That might be the problem... I think the minimum is 4.0.

I'll look into updating the software...

Does anyone have an idea on why this message keeps coming up on a Tab 4?

Attachments

• Tab 4 Screen.jpg
    Tab 4 Screen.jpg
    124.6 KB · Views: 368

Because the GPS signal on your TAB4 is weak and it's not getting very many satellites. Are you in the house?

ksween said:

rwskinner said:
Because the GPS signal on your TAB4 is weak and it's not getting very many satellites. Are you in the house?

ksween said:

The GPS works great with everything else. It places me on the app fine. This happens when outside to often that Its almost impossible to use the app.

Check Settings>Location and see what mode it's on. Is it on High Accuracy? Seems like that's an app specific issue and it wants a certain degree of accuracy in radius. It may appear to place you accurately in Google Maps but the margin of error is still too high for the DJI Vision app.

Go into Settings then go to "connection" then to "location"(tap on it) then look over to "mode" (tap on it) make sure its set to "HIGH Accuracy" and not on power saving or gps only..:)

JJM said:
woobisah said:
JJM said:
Forts said:

Wow, you are still on Gingerbread? :lol:

I guess! I'm not too familiar with android because I prefer apple. But since this app isn't available on iOS, pulled out a dinosaur hoping to be able to use it for the app. I think this phone is an htc droid.
Well, no wonder why you "prefer apple"

ilovecoffee said:
Check Settings>Location and see what mode it's on. Is it on High Accuracy? Seems like that's an app specific issue and it wants a certain degree of accuracy in radius. It may appear to place you accurately in Google Maps but the margin of error is still too high for the DJI Vision app.

It is in high accuracy. The modified app works well with my Electrify M. I have a Nexus 7 coming Friday and will give that a try. If all works great then I will return the Galaxy Tab 4.

Does this app work with a tablet without GPS? I can not get into GS either disconnected or connected with my vision plus v3. Im using 4.4 kitkat OS and Im getting a crash log with the first line reference GPS.

^ I'm getting the impression that the ground station component just does not work with GPS-less devices.

Can you post the crash log?

Make sure dynamic home point and use phone as home point are turned Off as both these components will need to access your device's location when entering ground station.

GS function is not working on any device without GPS

This post is for ILOVECOFFEE. I was wondering since you have a fair amount of computer programming knowledge if you could design a fail safe such as this for our phantom if one esc burns up or one prop falls off. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bsHryqnvyYA The way this would work is once the one motor cuts out the onboard computer would go into this fail safe algorithm and lock your controls into 'home lock' so all you have to do is pull back on the sticks as the bird flys back to your position. It can be done and already has been done with multiple quads on youtube. :) you can do it! :geek:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
canadiansauna