UNOFFICIAL Vision App for Android (Distance, Speed, etc) v11

Re: UNOFFICIAL Vision App for Android (Distance, Speed, etc)

To be fair to what you said; I, by practice place a way point near home, especially when I need to keep it high until it's close and I use a "near home" waypoint to bring it down to a more reasonable altitude. So what you are doing is a very good practice to get into. Some don't realize that the altitude changes between 2 way points is a straight line and I've seen at least one person think differently and the tree between the 2 way points was just high enough to grab the Phantom; it was lower than the prior way point but the altitude between the 2 put the Phantom right into the trees path (or would that be the tree was in the Phantom's path).

I understand that the app sets the last way point at the home position, and that the home position can be a dynamic one with the latest firmware upgrade, but I'm wondering if coffee in his infinite wisdom :) , can figure out a way to stop that last way point and give a land command at the first way point so that a one-way trip can be plotted...it would give us the option of doing a loooonnnnggg one-way trip! :)

It would be great if we could have yaw control while flying waypoints. Without yaw filming while flying waypoints is useless.

PhilAnderson said:
jamiebd77 said:
Has this discussion died??

Why do you ask? This thread has new posts nearly every day. You asked a question a couple days ago and it received at least three replies. :?

I ask because my original question was not answered. I don't agree with your tone either. I was simply asking if the discussion had ended. My original question was directed to Coffee on whether or not he could find a way to stop the app from assigning your home position as the last way point so that maybe a one-way mission can be done.

jamiebd77 said:
PhilAnderson said:
jamiebd77 said:
Has this discussion died??

Why do you ask? This thread has new posts nearly every day. You asked a question a couple days ago and it received at least three replies. :?

I ask because my original question was not answered. I don't agree with your tone either. I was simply asking if the discussion had ended. My original question was directed to Coffee on whether or not he could find a way to stop the app from assigning your home position as the last way point so that maybe a one-way mission can be done.

Here's your original question:

Postby jamiebd77 » Wed Dec 03, 2014 6:29 pm

New to the forum...I have a question...Is there anyway to fly a mission from one point to another without "returning to home"? I know this would require a wide open grassy area as an end-point landing area, but I feel this would give a really nice 7-8 mile one way flight.

Here is Jason's answer:

Postby Jayson Hanes » Wed Dec 03, 2014 6:49 pm

jamiebd77 wrote:
New to the forum...I have a question...Is there anyway to fly a mission from one point to another without "returning to home"? I know this would require a wide open grassy area as an end-point landing area, but I feel this would give a really nice 7-8 mile one way flight.

all missions do not return to home by default.. you have to plot a point near home at the end of a mission if you want it to come home.. otherwise.. it'll sit "out there" until it autolands due to low battery :)

Here is the next reply:

Postby kenargo » Wed Dec 03, 2014 7:33 pm

Jayson Hanes wrote:
jamiebd77 wrote:

all missions do not return to home by default.. you have to plot a point near home at the end of a mission if you want it to come home.. otherwise.. it'll sit "out there" until it autolands due to low battery :)

That is not correct; when you create a mission the app set the last way point at the home position; I just tested it to verify.

Your original question, as you can clearly see, was not directed to Coffee. You asked if the discussion had died. I simply pointed out that the discussion has new posts nearly every day.

Your original question, as you can clearly see, was not directed to Coffee. You asked if the discussion had died. I simply pointed out that the discussion has new posts nearly every day.[/quote]

You have such a mean way of putting things...I'm just trying to figure out if there is a way that hasn't been explored...I've read all 79 pages of this discussion. Your attitude towards me needs to be addressed by the mods. I understand how it is as it stands, I was just trying to see if Coffee can find a way to do it. I'm new to this and you have put a VERY bad taste in my mouth about asking any more questions in this forum, which besides you, seems very helpful and nice.

jamiebd77 said:
I was just trying to see if Coffee can find a way to do it
You could send him a private message. Perhaps he didn't see your question/comment.

jamiebd77 said:
Your original question, as you can clearly see, was not directed to Coffee. You asked if the discussion had died. I simply pointed out that the discussion has new posts nearly every day.

You have such a mean way of putting things...I'm just trying to figure out if there is a way that hasn't been explored...I've read all 79 pages of this discussion. Your attitude towards me needs to be addressed by the mods. I understand how it is as it stands, I was just trying to see if Coffee can find a way to do it. I'm new to this and you have put a VERY bad taste in my mouth about asking any more questions in this forum, which besides you, seems very helpful and nice.[/quote]

I have no attitude towards you except you have asked a question which clearly has been answered each day. The discussion has not died. Just because you may not have received an answer to your question from Coffee does not mean the discussion has died. If Coffee has an answer to your specific question he will answer it when he has time. In the mean time, you can read what others experiences have been using the app.

As you said, you are new to this. I too, have read every page of this thread along with most of the other threads on this forum. I'm not new and have been helpful to many others as well as having courteous help given to me when I have a question. I just don't ask questions that have been answered every day.

Relax. I'm not mean. ;)

LOL everyone. Sorry, I'm out of the loop because the weather here sucks, my enthusiasm for updating the app has lessened (that and there are only a few features that are attainable right now, otherwise everything else needs to wait for an update from DJI). Plus got a few other holiday toys early that have been occupying my time...

jamiebd77, I am sure there IS a way. And I have thought about it, but I just haven't had much interest in it since I really don't trust the Phantom to auto land itself. And unfortunately I cannot direct the Phantom to land itself via the app, because there is no functionality for that...it's only built into the Phantom itself for low battery protection.

With that being said, if I get around to getting an editable Stay Time at each waypoint, you could theoretically have it WAIT at the home point for 99999 seconds, or basically until the battery wears out and it auto lands. I just am unsure if at the last minute it will activate a RTH and go as far as it can back home before auto-landing. I know if actively connected to the Phantom it will give you a warning and default to RTH unless you click Ignore within 30 seconds. But maybe that differs when it's NOT connected, since it knows it can't ask the user....so there are some tests that would need to be done first to determine the Phantom's built in functionality before going on such an endeavour.

Hope that clarifies enough for now.

ilovecoffee said:
LOL everyone. Sorry, I'm out of the loop because the weather here sucks, my enthusiasm for updating the app has lessened (that and there are only a few features that are attainable right now, otherwise everything else needs to wait for an update from DJI). Plus got a few other holiday toys early that have been occupying my time...

jamiebd77, I am sure there IS a way. And I have thought about it, but I just haven't had much interest in it since I really don't trust the Phantom to auto land itself. And unfortunately I cannot direct the Phantom to land itself via the app, because there is no functionality for that...it's only built into the Phantom itself for low battery protection.

With that being said, if I get around to getting an editable Stay Time at each waypoint, you could theoretically have it WAIT at the home point for 99999 seconds, or basically until the battery wears out and it auto lands. I just am unsure if at the last minute it will activate a RTH and go as far as it can back home before auto-landing. I know if actively connected to the Phantom it will give you a warning and default to RTH unless you click Ignore within 30 seconds. But maybe that differs when it's NOT connected, since it knows it can't ask the user....so there are some tests that would need to be done first to determine the Phantom's built in functionality before going on such an endeavour.

Hope that clarifies enough for now.

Excellent answer Coffee! Thanks for getting back to me. I was thinking the same way with having it wait at the last way point...I would be driving to the landing site and wait for it to arrive. I would then be able to regain control and land it manually.

It's probably because I don't know how to search for a string, but when I search this topic for "App not installed" error during installation, I'm not coming up with hits (just every thread with any of those words).

In any case, my apologies if this has been addressed in the 80 pages, but what's the simple fix for installing this app when I get that error during install? I'm running 4.4.4 on a Note 4.

Never mind. I'm showing my noobness. I'll leave this up so others who might be as reading challenged as me, might benifit from the answer: Uninstall the original app first. I just froze it with Titanium, which apparently isn't the same.

Is there any way of making ground station way point elevations based on current location of each way point and not based on the elevation above the home point. 200 feet may be ok for above the home point, but a 200 foot setting over a way point that happens to be on a hill may cause the quad to fly into the trees or the hill. It would be great if it were possible for the quad to maintain the same height no matter what the topography was like.

Any word on an update or "fix" for running this on Lollipop? I am getting a replacement Nexus 7 (2nd gen) on Thursday with Lollipop preloaded. I've heard of some issues people have been having with this app and others not made for it. Has anyone had any success with running this on Lollipop? If not I will be rooting the device and will load Kit-Kat back on it. Your app is the only thing I use my android tablet for! Lol. Thanks for the continued development!

efloyd said:
Is there any way of making ground station way point elevations based on current location of each way point and not based on the elevation above the home point. 200 feet may be ok for above the home point, but a 200 foot setting over a way point that happens to be on a hill may cause the quad to fly into the trees or the hill. It would be great if it were possible for the quad to maintain the same height no matter what the topography was like.
From my understanding the GPS data on the phantom doesn't take geographic elevation into account. I don't think your suggestion is possible. If I am incorrect, and someone knows differently, I'd be interested in knowing.

Kag49601 said:
Any word on an update or "fix" for running this on Lollipop? I am getting a replacement Nexus 7 (2nd gen) on Thursday with Lollipop preloaded. I've heard of some issues people have been having with this app and others not made for it. Has anyone had any success with running this on Lollipop? If not I will be rooting the device and will load Kit-Kat back on it. Your app is the only thing I use my android tablet for! Lol. Thanks for the continued development!
Another question that I have is with saving missions/wave points. My guess is that the current mission is saved in some sort of library or even text file before being sent to the phantom. Would there be a way to "capture" this package before its sent to the phantom to then save it? That way we could associate the file with the phantom app to possibly open the saved file to then run at another time. I have not dug into the code, so I'm not even sure if this is possible. Just a thought that I had...

Has anyone tested this app with the Epson Moviero BT-200?

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scav8tor