UNOFFICIAL Vision App for Android (Distance, Speed, etc) v11

Re: UNOFFICIAL Vision App for Android (Unlimited GS Distance

MapMaker53 said:
I noticed in setting up this updated app (w/banking option) that the Low Battery Auto Go Home box has a grey check mark and cannot be turned to green -- so it appears it cannot be activated. Immediately below it is the FPV setting which also has a grey check mark, but that can be turned green. Is this a bug with the update? I used your previous version yesterday (without banking option) and don't recall if that setting was also greyed out -- but I do know that the Low Battery Auto Go Home response did work for me when I got that alert while flying and it returned home. Thanks.

You need to be connected to the Phantom for those settings to apply.

dpdpkpcom said:
Ilovecoffee, not sure how hard this would be, but could you add an audible warning when no. of satellites drops to 6 Or below ?

Great work by the way. Very impressed !

That's a good idea. My only concern is that it would have to be process that is constantly checking otherwise it will play a sound at all times it is below 6. Does the app currently do anything special if satellites drop below 6 during flight? Then I just might be able to attach a sound event to that.

Is there any chance you could put that little red airplane icon (that flies around the waypoints) in place of the triangle on the radar screen? Sometimes it is hard to tell in sunlight which way the triangle is actually pointing.

DrD said:
Is there any chance you could put that little red airplane icon (that flies around the waypoints) in place of the triangle on the radar screen? Sometimes it is hard to tell in sunlight which way the triangle is actually pointing.

Probably an easy change! Will add that to my to do list.

Loving the banked turns - Excellent work.

Tried to add over 16 waypoints today. Got an error message immediately after waypoints are uploaded - think it was something like 'check network'.

No problem with 16 or less waypoints. Have I missed something?

HacKiwi said:

Tried to add over 16 waypoints today. Got an error message immediately after waypoints are uploaded - think it was something like 'check network'.

Lol, you're not missing anything. I don't think anyone here (including me) in the 40+ pages actually tested more than 16 waypoints, unless someone else wants to chime in with their experience. I only changed one value, but it may have to do with the naza hardware after all...

ilovecoffee said:
Does the app currently do anything special if satellites drop below 6 during flight? Then I just might be able to attach a sound event to that.

the satellite icon turns grey when it's under 6... maybe can tag to that?

i was thinking some kind of voice warning instead of just an alarm... i made one here for example...

"you are losing satellites, take preventive measures"

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-07-29-19-47-06-picsay.png
    Screenshot_2014-07-29-19-47-06-picsay.png
    13.2 KB · Views: 412
  • Youarelosi-25770532.mp3.zip
    117.6 KB · Views: 184

Hi Coffee,
I loaded v5 and flew a few successful missions. What features/bugs are different from v5 and v7?
Keep up the great work!!!

DBS said:
ilovecoffee said:
Does the app currently do anything special if satellites drop below 6 during flight? Then I just might be able to attach a sound event to that.

i was thinking some kind of voice warning instead of just an alarm... i made one here for example...

Excellent. It would be great if the user could decide the number of satellites that gave the warning, but I can see that latching on to an existing trigger is much more sensible.

:)

DBS said:
ilovecoffee said:

Yes but it is always grey when it's less than 6. I'm wondering if there is something unique that happens when it is flying and drops below 6... In any case I'll take a look tomorrow.

ilovecoffee said:
Yes but it is always grey when it's less than 6. I'm wondering if there is something unique that happens when it is flying and drops below 6... In any case I'll take a look tomorrow.

ahhh... i see what you're getting at... you mentioned it above...

ilovecoffee said:
My only concern is that it would have to be process that is constantly checking otherwise it will play a sound at all times it is below 6.

I think that would be exactly what the user would be looking for... an audible that keeps sounding when GPS count is too low for GPS flight mode ... that's how i would want it anyway... just like the low battery alarm :ugeek:

maybe a "disable sat alarm" toggle in settings for people who plan to fly in less than ideal conditions and don't want to listen to it?

ilovecoffee said:
DBS said:
ilovecoffee said:

when satellites drop below 6, the mode changes from GPS to ATTI... even if you have 5 satellites... that is unique

^

Right...but it will also say ATTI at all times when it is below 6.

I was thinking of a specific trigger that might exist during flight...but DBS might be right...I'm not sure how to make a sound continuously play...I would need to look into that further....

But perhaps I can just sort of duplicate the low battery alert and replace the battery variable with the sat one...and that once it is below 6, it will play a sound. And I'm sure the low battery alert also checks if the craft is currently in flight before playing that alarm. I'll give that a go tomorrow and see if I can't get it working.

I also would have to respectfully disagree with the long voice warning. It takes too long to play to communicate a simple message. If it needed to be voice, I would just suggest "G-P-S Lost"

Could there also be a big on screen warning. A lot of times I fly with the sound off on my device not intentionally but just forget to turn it back up after being on silent. I'm always looking at the screen though so maybe if it turned a color like it does to red to indicate low battery. Also vibrating wouldn't be a bad idea in my opinion not sure what others think of that though

Hi Coffee,
I loaded v5 and flew a few successful missions. What features/bugs are different from v5 and v7?
Keep up the great work!!! Also, I would like to send you a paypal. Is it working correctly?

Gunner311 said:
Hi Coffee,
Keep up the great work!!! Also, I would like to send you a paypal. Is it working correctly?

Losing track now! I keep the features list on the first post up to date so check to see what's new there! And yes the PayPal link is working! Thanks! :D

ilovecoffee said:
HacKiwi said:

Lol, you're not missing anything. I don't think anyone here (including me) in the 40+ pages actually tested more than 16 waypoints, unless someone else wants to chime in with their experience. I only changed one value, but it may have to do with the naza hardware after all...

Anyone? I tested again. Still no luck. Seems 16 points is in the NAZA. Damit!

i just tested on mine with a galaxy S4, 16 is the most i can get, i didnt fly the mission, just plugged in waypoints till it wouldnt let me add them anymore.
also i saw you set up a paypal, so i hit that, i dont have bitcoin at all......never had the time to figure it out lolz.

thanks for all youve done here, this has given me a renewed interest in flying drones. you made it alot funner.

Hi there

Downloaded your app V7 last night. Everything looks good and I am planning my first unlimited mission. Even setting the way points felt easier now than with the original DJI App. Don't know if you did anything about that! :)
Just want to make sure of something.... maybe it's been asked before but can't find it....
I live on a hill and the route I am planning is all downhill, but I need to clear some obstructions.

My question: Is the way point height you set on the GS app measured from take-off (home point) or natural ground level, for each way point?

Thanks

You guys mentioned this above, but I'm not sure that there isn't already an audible alarm connected to the sats. I've had the alarm sound on me (the same alarm as the low battery) a few times when I still had loads of battery power. The one thing these occasions had in common was that satellite status had just dropped real quick (read: from 10/12 to 6/7). It happens when I walk from the field we fly here into a patch of trees with thick canopy.

That said, I don't know if this is an app feature, documented or otherwise.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akinproplumbing