UNOFFICIAL Vision App for Android (Distance, Speed, etc) v11

Re: UNOFFICIAL Vision App for Android (Unlimited GS Distance

Can someone please test this latest release? I don't have time to myself to test it today unfortunately. It will remove the bugs when moving a waypoint outside the initial radius (confirmed working) and will bring back left right accelerometer/gyroscope control (unconfirmed).

Downloading now and will test soon, but I don't know what "left right accelerometer/gyroscope control" is. Anyone?

When the original Vision came out there was an option by way of the app to use your smart phone's internal accelerometer to tilt the camera up and down and also to yaw the copter right and left just by physically moving your phone.

Is this toggle-able? I know the recent versions you could tilt using the accelerometer but it was togle via a check box. It didn't work that great so I never used. Would like to toggle this feature on/off during the flight.

sbarton said:
Is this toggle-able? I know the recent versions you could tilt using the accelerometer but it was togle via a check box. It didn't work that great so I never used. Would like to toggle this feature on/off during the flight.

Yes it's toggable it's the same button as the current one. But goes up down, left right now

I have tested the latest version of the app and have not been able to yaw the aircraft during a ground station mission. It yaws fine using the accelerometer mode when flying manually.
I tried pausing the mission and also switching to course lock, but it did not yaw, stubborn to keep its nose on the mission :)

Jayson Hanes said:
shadow, I would say the cheapest sub $100 android tablet that runs Android jellybean should work fine -- it will only be used under these circumstances to connect to the phantom, load the maps, plot the course, and click "GO!".. the app and the android device have nothing to do with executing the mission, and you will lose FPV and telemetry anyway (unless it's in an open area that you want to fly in). Once it's on a mission, you can even shut the device off. The remote controller is not needed for any part of it, unless you want to take control back near the end of a mission (or abort a mission while in controller range, etc).. and/or you have to "reconnect" wifi so that is a bit stressful if you haven't done it before.
Thanks Jayson. I took your advice and picked up a low-end tablet for "extended" ground station missions - not quite sub $100, but close. I have 4 ground station flights under my belt via iPad within the 500 meter limited DJI app, and will attempt my first extended mission soon. Even though I've grown confident of ground station autonomous flights, it's still a rush (and a relief) when the phantom is heard or sighted as it's returning home :shock:

cadsii said:
shadowband said:
This mod is exactly what I've been looking for to conduct a 3 mile round trip flight. All my gear is Mac based, but I'll pick up an android device tomorrow just to get this mod. Any recommendations for an android tablet to be used exclusively for extended distance ground station flights?

Coffee - thank you for this mod!

thanks to this mod I am now a proud owner of the Android Acer 810, this thing is pretty slick, picked it up for 119 this morning just for this app :) my wife says thanks coffee :p

Thanks Cadsii - I just picked up a very similar model tablet based on your review. I got the Acer A1-830 for $119 after using $20 in best buy reward points. This should do just fine for extended ground station autonomous flights. I wonder how many android tablet sales can be attributed to this mod? :D

mauizoom said:
I have tested the latest version of the app and have not been able to yaw the aircraft during a ground station mission. It yaws fine using the accelerometer mode when flying manually.
I tried pausing the mission and also switching to course lock, but it did not yaw, stubborn to keep its nose on the mission :)

Same here.

Jstic said:
mauizoom said:

Same here.

I don't imagine you'd be able to yaw it left and right while it is moving towards a way point, but it's worth a look.

shadowband said:
cadsii said:
shadowband said:
This mod is exactly what I've been looking for to conduct a 3 mile round trip flight. All my gear is Mac based, but I'll pick up an android device tomorrow just to get this mod. Any recommendations for an android tablet to be used exclusively for extended distance ground station flights?

Coffee - thank you for this mod!

thanks to this mod I am now a proud owner of the Android Acer 810, this thing is pretty slick, picked it up for 119 this morning just for this app :) my wife says thanks coffee :p

Thanks Cadsii - I just picked up a very similar model tablet based on your review. I got the Acer A1-830 for $119 after using $20 in best buy reward points. This should do just fine for extended ground station autonomous flights. I wonder how many android tablet sales can be attributed to this mod? :D

I already have a Nexus 7, but wanted bigger. Groupon just had a sale on Asus Memo Smart 10.1" for $110, s picked that up. Thanks Coffee!!! :)
http://www.groupon.com/deals/gg-asus-me ... oid-tablet

-Scott

coffee, as you stated, the moving waypoints outside initial radius works now on the newest version. Thanks again.

Great work Coffee! I took v4 for a spin this morning for roughly a 10 minute flight. It's fantastic to not have the limits in place. Thanks for your efforts.

Will add a menu item for the accelerometer yaw control.

eACJrEy.jpg

Edit: I believe camera auto stabilize shows up actually if you use the gopro version phantom. Anyone here with a gopro phantom that can comment?

Super
and you mentioned you can make it so the phantoms nose always faces in the same direction regardless of the direction of travel.
Could you make a check box for that as an option? I know it wouldn't be used much but would be very useful for that long panning shot in certain photographic circumstances, like a long shot of the front of a wide building or something.

ok coffee so how does the yaw work ?

while on a mission i can pan left and right with the accelerometer ? how does this affect the flight if i rotate the craft 180 degrees ?

ilovecoffee said:
Will add a menu item for the accelerometer yaw control.

eACJrEy.jpg

Edit: I believe camera auto stabilize shows up actually if you use the gopro version phantom. Anyone here with a gopro phantom that can comment?

I click there accelerometer yaw control I do? I'd like to try. Can someone send me the app? Thank you.

Hey coffee can u add the 2 commands from the booster app and save people $9 to boost their wifi range ?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AnndyManuka