UNOFFICIAL Vision App for Android (Distance, Speed, etc) v11

Re: UNOFFICIAL Vision App for Android (Unlimited GS Distance

ilovecoffee said:
Unable to get the 7th channel working. Not sure where in the code it breaks the ability to control it. I'm certain it is possible, but there are a few things I want to get done and I don't have a lever so testing it out is a PITA (I had to take my Tx apart because I don't have a thin enough screw driver).

As an aside....For someone who is smarter than me, please explain this math to me? The app quite often does this when storing a Lat/Long point

Latitude = 3.141592653589793 * Latitude / 180
Longitude = 3.141592653589793 * Longitude / 180

Why would they multiply latitude by pie and divide by 180? Is this to establish a "point"? Like an actual circle it must be within? (Just wondering if I'm looking in the right place to think about how to alter the accuracy needed at each waypoint to make it easier going).

degrees to radians as I recall

Mr. Coffee -
Among all of the other miracles you've worked with this app, might I impose on you to increase the altitude for the way-points? I have a specific mission in mind that requires the plus to climb 900 feet over a 1.5 mile distance and return.

MRSpyder2U said:
Mr. Coffee -
Among all of the other miracles you've worked with this app, might I impose on you to increase the altitude for the way-points? I have a specific mission in mind that requires the plus to climb 900 feet over a 1.5 mile distance and return.

I can, but I haven't. I am afraid people will possibly abuse it.

Also keep in mind that's going to be one long trip, as on the way back it will travel at a speed which allows it to descend 900 feet over 1.5 miles, which will likely be quite slow. You would likely run out of batteries before its return. That and I believe it is illegal to go above 400' in the US.

I think that on a trip like that, 900 feet up, and 1.5 miles away, that on the way back it would fly towards the "max speed" setting anyway, and then just slow down as it approaches the last point. I think that flight would be very possible. I flew 3.1 miles away at 300 feet up without a problem (6.2 miles round trip..).. however I'm sure it'd use more battery getting UP higher and coming down lower.. I just don't know how much so it'd need to be experimented on.. also the whole wind thing.. and of course, how healthy the battery is matters too...

Also, there is no enforceable law about 400 feet being a limit (yet in the USA).. it is an FAA Guideline and an AMA "rule" only, and more of an ethical issue at this point (excluding the obvious safety issues and opinions of others).

I actually didn't even know the app had that limit..

Jayson Hanes said:
I think that on a trip like that, 900 feet up, and 1.5 miles away, that on the way back it would fly towards the "max speed" setting anyway, and then just slow down as it approaches the last point. I think that flight would be very possible. I flew 3.1 miles away at 300 feet up without a problem (6.2 miles round trip..).. however I'm sure it'd use more battery getting UP higher and coming down lower.. I just don't know how much so it'd need to be experimented on.. also the whole wind thing.. and of course, how healthy the battery is matters too...

Also, there is no enforceable law about 400 feet being a limit (yet in the USA).. it is an FAA Guideline and an AMA "rule" only, and more of an ethical issue at this point (excluding the obvious safety issues and opinions of others).

I was under the impression it flew along the "hypotenuse". At least that's my impression but I've only done minor elevation changes.

I appreciate your reluctance to make this change. Again, thanks for all you've done for the pilots with the changes you've made to this app to make it so much more usable. The mission I had in mind was to follow a trail up the side of a small mountain to a scenic overlook and back. The altitude was never going to exceed about 100 feet above the actual ground level beneath the Phantom. I don't like to get much above 200 feet anyway. I did a practice mission out 0.5 mile to an altitude of 300 feet and back and it returned with about 80% juice left, so I think it's doable.

ilovecoffee said:
I was under the impression it flew along the "hypotenuse". At least that's my impression but I've only done minor elevation changes.

right... I agree.. what I was trying to say, was that I don't think it'll fly any slower due to the altitude differences.. but indeed, DUE to the hypotenuse, it is a bit further in distance that it does have to travel, so it'll take a bit longer

Jayson Hanes said:

Jay, how much battery did you have left after this trip....great idea BTW.... :mrgreen:

Hi,

Love what you're doing. Actually sent you some BTC earlier today! Unfortunately I am getting the error code "App Not Installed" after I try installation. I have a Nexus 5 running Android version 4.4.3.

http://imgur.com/QzNy8ha

txdan2010 said:
Hi,

Love what you're doing. Actually sent you some BTC earlier today! Unfortunately I am getting the error code "App Not Installed" after I try installation. I have a Nexus 5 running Android version 4.4.3.

Thanks!

I've sometimes had it say that, but it actually installed, usually after replacing a previous version (uninstalling/then installing).

Can you confirm it's not actually installed? Or that you've made sure to uninstall the previous version before installing this one?

First time I've heard of this. I'm running 4.3 on a Galaxy S4

I've heard there may be issues with the Android L Preview

txdan2010 said:
Hi,

Did you uninstall the app before installing the new one? Try that

Hey guys,

I found no app that was installed, nor had I download the DJI app before. Install works on my Nexus 7 and Samsung S4 though... Frustrating bc I'd prefer to use my Nexus 5.

ilovecoffee said:
MRSpyder2U said:
Mr. Coffee -

I can, but I haven't. I am afraid people will possibly abuse it.

Also keep in mind that's going to be one long trip, as on the way back it will travel at a speed which allows it to descend 900 feet over 1.5 miles, which will likely be quite slow. You would likely run out of batteries before its return. That and I believe it is illegal to go above 400' in the US.

no its not a law, its an advisory, there are really no laws pertaining to a private citizen, the federal courts have rules the FAA only has jurisdiction over commercial aviation.

ilovecoffee said:
pugnacious said:
Hi Mr Coffee. I know this is becoming one huge wishlist from hopeful people. What you have done so far is great.
Here is my item....

It would be nice to be able to save and load waypoints. I think its tedious the way you have to be at the starting position, with phantom switched on, battery draining before you can enter the points. It'd be nice to be able to preplan at home, and load it up ready so that when you arrive to where you are flying, you could get on and do it quickly. This would be very useful for the the kind of missions I do

Thanks again.

I agree. I also hate this. It may be possible. Will put on the future to do list lol.

+1

And kudos sir - absolutely brilliant work!

txdan2010 said:
Hey guys,

I found no app that was installed, nor had I download the DJI app before. Install works on my Nexus 7 and Samsung S4 though... Frustrating bc I'd prefer to use my Nexus 5.

What versions of Android are your Nexus 7 and S4 running? Just curious if the OS version is the issue. It might have something to do with how it's recompiled.

ilovecoffee said:
The updated app in the first post has a new height limit of 400m. :)

thank you......gonna test it as soon as it stops raining.....I live in a desert......its NOT supposed to rain here.
it only does rain because god hates me and my phantom.....lolz

ok i guess I misunderstood what you meant by it has a height limit of 400m.......

im guessing it doesnt mean you can set your height at 400m for waypoint missions, is that the max altitude that can be reached when using the app?

does this over ride the max height limit you can set using the software on the pc?

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
finestheatingn