UNOFFICIAL Vision App for Android (Distance, Speed, etc) v11

Re: UNOFFICIAL Vision App for Android (Unlimited GS Distance

sbarton said:
Does this app version work with previous firmware? I'm using firmware 3.04 and 1.0.50 android app.

You need to delete that 1.0.50 version and install this one... it's not an update... it's a stand alone install :ugeek:

Hi,
Great work again! Am I understanding that this will complete a mission when Tx and video signal is lost? Does the OEM app allow this too or was it a changed value in the code?
I know you removed the pause which is worthy, but increasing the pause time is worthy too, especially if you can set it to do auto 360 yaw turns.
Cheers,
Jim

Jesolins said:
Hi,
Great work again! Am I understanding that this will complete a mission when Tx and video signal is lost? Does the OEM app allow this too or was it a changed value in the code?
I know you removed the pause which is worthy, but increasing the pause time is worthy too, especially if you can set it to do auto 350 yaw turns.
Cheers,
Jim

Can you elaborate on what you mean by 360 (I presume you meant 360, not 350) yaw turns?

I would like the ability to add menu items to the settings where you could configure these variables, but I would need the help of someone more sophisticated with programming to do that.

Yes I agree...even the option to pause the mission and take control of the bird to shoot pics/video would be great...and then resume the mission. I still haven't had the chance to try it out yet but am looking forward to it.

lsteigerwalt said:
Yes I agree...even the option to pause the mission and take control of the bird to shoot pics/video would be great...and then resume the mission. I still haven't had the chance to try it out yet but am looking forward to it.

You already have the option to pause a mission. The pause button will become visible when you start a mission. Assuming you're in range... Otherwise no point!

Yes I meant the ability to schedule a slow 360 yaw at a waypoint in order to take an automatic panoramic video. A menu as you suggested is what we need.

Was the Vision always able to complete a mission if it lost the Tx signal? I thought it would just RTH even on a mission.
Cheers,
Jim
ilovecoffee said:
Can you elaborate on what you mean by 360 (I presume you meant 360, not 350) yaw turns?

I would like the ability to add menu items to the settings where you could configure these variables, but I would need the help of someone more sophisticated with programming to do that.

Just for the record, the application does not work with Android DJI L. Tested on Nexus 7th

abstacek said:
Just for the record, the application does not work with Android DJI L. Tested on Nexus 7th

What is Android "DJI L"?

BTW, worked fine for me on Android tablet and phone.

Jstic said:
abstacek said:

What is Android "DJI L"?

Android L, is the latest android, yet in the beta test. Official DJI application works.

abstacek said:
Jstic said:
abstacek said:

What is Android "DJI L"?

Android L, is the latest android, yet in the beta test. Official DJI application works.

It won't work until the the rest of android's sdk tools catch up with Android L! :(

Can you make the RTH speed faster if it loses signal or Failsafe is toggled. Seems to take forever to come back compared to how long it takes to get out of range. ;) Also less chance of it running out of battery by slowly coming home and landing somewhere on the way back before getting to the Home point.
Thanks.

sbarton said:
Can you make the RTH speed faster if it loses signal or Failsafe is toggled. Seems to take forever to come back compared to how long it takes to get out of range. ;) Also less chance of it running out of battery by slowly coming home and landing somewhere on the way back before getting to the Home point.
Thanks.

That would be set by the firmware, unfortunately the app would have nothing to do with that! :(

Maybe someone with access to IDA Pro can disassemble it so we can have a look at it! (there would be many more variables worth changing).

sbarton said:
Thanks.

You don't have to let it return all the way... just let it come back to where you had control and flip the S1 switch down and back up again to take control and get your speed back.

Hello,
my actual DJI official app version is 1.0.52, you have modded this version, or the 1.0.50?

And, does anyone know what's the true speed of the phantom, setting the waypoint speed to FAST?

Thx

Smb said:
Hello,
my actual DJI official app version is 1.0.52, you have modded this version, or the 1.0.50?

And, does anyone know what's the true speed of the phantom, setting the waypoint speed to FAST?

Thx

This is 1.0.52

When setting the way point to FAST, you can achieve the maximum GPS speed which is 15m/s. However it won't limit you to 15m/s if there is wind pushing your phantom faster (as far as I know)

Any interest for making the home point draggable? This can also be done easily, my only hesitation is that it may make it easier to lose your phantom.

I MAY be able to make the camera facing direction modifiable when dropping a new way point. Still looking into it. It's a lot of work (for me anyway).

Hesitant about moving the home point. I would wait until you can make the home point movable a toggle-able option and would require a prompt to verify. It would suck if you were close to out of range, go to touch your screen, and accidently moved the home point and then went out of range. It would never come back to you. :(

Camera facing position at way point would be awesome! I assume it would continue facing in that direction until next way point as well? Or would it pause, rotate facing position, then rotate back and continue mission?

Also being able to configure the delay at each way point for that mission (either individually (ideally), or one setting for all of them, but can change when you set up your next mission).

-Scott

ilovecoffee said:
Any interest for making the home point draggable? This can also be done easily, my only hesitation is that it may make it easier to lose your phantom.

I MAY be able to make the camera facing direction modifiable when dropping a new way point. Still looking into it. It's a lot of work (for me anyway).

You're doing a great thing here bro... appreciate all the work!! :ugeek:

sbarton said:
Hesitant about moving the home point. I would wait until you can make the home point movable a toggle-able option and would require a prompt to verify. It would suck if you were close to out of range, go to touch your screen, and accidently moved the home point and then went out of range. It would never come back to you. :(

Camera facing position at way point would be awesome! I assume it would continue facing in that direction until next way point as well? Or would it pause, rotate facing position, then rotate back and continue mission?

Also being able to configure the delay at each way point for that mission (either individually (ideally), or one setting for all of them, but can change when you set up your next mission).

-Scott

I'm able only to set a global pause for all way points, the way it's coded. I'm going to try to learn how to create a pop-up where you can enter in seconds how long you'd like the pause for the mission to be, as you press GO.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jakob08z