UK Flying time..

Reaction score
Just how frustrating is it for us here in the UK with this weather restricting fly time...

Anyone else chomping at the bit to get out but can't ?

Yep... Managed a couple hours yesterday in Wolverhampton, but now sitting by the window, sulking at the rain.. And my small flying range...

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    3 MB · Views: 326
It's all very depressing - the weather, that is Took delivery of my new Inspire Pro last Monday and flew it shortly in wind speeds gusting to 24 mph. Landed safely after calibrating the focus but since then....rain....wind....rain. My P3P has remained in its case, equally grounded.

Think we need to move somewhere warm and sunny... :) you were a brave man flying your Inspire in 24Mph winds... Imagine if that had gone rouge :(

wow 'Don't tell me ! i live in dorset and if i have relatively sunny and not windy day once in a month its good !

Durham for me and boy it's been windy and wet since before Christmas only had a couple of ok ish days roll on the calmer weather

Same here ...grrrrrrrrr!

I also share your pain, no flying for a week now here in the midlands. This wind & rain cant last much longer surely?
No your right probably only another 3 months then we will prob have a dry period of around 2 weeks,lol,don't u just love the English weather!!

I'm actually enjoying the rain.....whilst sitting here looking at a brand new P3A that doesn't work and can't do anything till tomorrow! I'd have been gutted if it'd been a nice day! [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

No your right probably only another 3 months then we will prob have a dry period of around 2 weeks,lol,don't u just love the English weather!!

English weather is far better than Welsh weather! I had to drive into England just to see a bit of blue sky - we went about 10 weeks without a single letup. I have y own weather station and we have had ONE dry day since 1st Nov!!! Oh not forgetting the constant 60 - 80kt winds!
This really is the worst I have ever known - and in Wales we didn't have a summer either!
The ONLY flight I have had was last Friday when we had heavy snow and it stopped for 20 mins! Best flight ever though!

Yes I agree, & that dry period that lasts 2 weeks will cause a massive drought & hosepipes will be banned.

Yes I agree, & that dry period that lasts 2 weeks will cause a massive drought & hosepipes will be banned.

No chance the groundwater is fully replenished - remember when they go on about hosepipe bans and droughts the media only ever talk about the SE of England as that is where they are mainly based! They never seem to mention the rest of the UK!!!
When did Staffordshire last have a ban? I know in Wales it was 1984!

No chance the groundwater is fully replenished - remember when they go on about hosepipe bans and droughts the media only ever talk about the SE of England as that is where they are mainly based! They never seem to mention the rest of the UK!!!
When did Staffordshire last have a ban? I know in Wales it was 1984!

Im not sure what year our last ban was but pretty sure its been within the last 7-10 years. You are right though it is usually the SE of England that get hit the hardest with the water shortages.

It's starting to annoy me my phantom 3 staring at me for two weeks hope we get some better weather in February.

I have just done a reshell on my P2V and a load of other Mods and can't fly it at home because of the bleeding weather here, if its not rain its the wind. Cant fly my P3P at home either to close to an Airport.

I'm actually enjoying the rain.....whilst sitting here looking at a brand new P3A that doesn't work and can't do anything till tomorrow! I'd have been gutted if it'd been a nice day! [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Whats wrong with your p3a ?.

Severe magnetic interference, unable to get signal. Tried everything, re calibrated it several times in diff locations, several imu calibrations all cold, even polarised the compass. Compass stats all read zero too. Haven't even been able to arm the motors!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl