Ugggh. Smashed into my house. Broke props. Landed on concrete. Advice?

i also had a "too cocky" moment. I have not actually flown my P3P in a few weeks, since i got the mavic. But ive had my P3P for so long i figured, no problem. Yesterday took the P3P out, and just forgot how much more "trucky" it maneuvers compared to the Mavic, which essentially handles like a ferrari in the sky with OA, and I smacked it into my fence, it broke the front two props, then went head down behind my wall, broke the back two props. flipped over and landed. it was ok except for all 4 broken props and some scratches and nicks on the top.

1.JPG 2.JPG 3.JPG

Reactions: Matts175
I had a similar 'got too cocky' moment a few weeks ago. I ignored my low battery alarm and was trying for just a couple more pics because the bird was fairly close to me. It went into failsafe landing in a very rocky area. The gimbal guard saved the camera for sure. It did break a prop but that was it. I learned a valuable lesson and won't do it again.

Hey Jesse... I did the same, and for some reason when it began to descend I assumed that was it, down it comes... can't stop it.

But then I remembered I still have navigational control and while I wasn't able to climb or stop descent, I was able to at least move to a safer area until I ran out of altitude... not sure if that helps or not or maybe the same happened with you?

Is that the carbon fiber one or plastic? Think after reading this will pick another up.. Thanks

Carbon fiber. It came in a bundle from Amazon. I got a gimbal guard, a nice lanyard, a lens cap (the kind that eliminates the factory gimbal lock) and lens shade/hood (I don't use the hood, I was told that they are usually too heavy) all for like $15.00.

I know what you mean...

I want this thing for flying over water this summer but I want the red one for that reason... and they don't even know if or when they will be getting the red back in stock.
e120513c91478f001fecb09c7b2b9782.jpg

You might get away with taking the front ones off and spray painting the with Krylon Fusion paint. I had an old Honda 3 wheeler (flexible plastic body panels) and I re-painted it with Krylon Fusion and it held up very well. Mostly rode it on dirt roads and through the woods, so it took some abuse and didn't flake off.

You might get away with taking the front ones off and spray painting the with Krylon Fusion paint. I had an old Honda 3 wheeler (flexible plastic body panels) and I re-painted it with Krylon Fusion and it held up very well. Mostly rode it on dirt roads and through the woods, so it took some abuse and didn't flake off.

Good to know. I've held off waiting to see if they get more stock (they claim they had the perfect plastic to make them but it's no longer available in red and don't know if it ever will be) but when I open the cottage in a couple weeks I'm going to want some, so if all they have is white, then white I'll order.

I appreciate the referral, plastic can be a hard thing to paint properly.

We all get disoriented when AC is not nose out.
After watching a basic quad training video I've gotten into the habit of flying fixed wing style. When you aren't sure of AC heading, fly forward (right stick up). If it is moving left at that point, yaw in the same direction it is heading and it will turn towards you.
Granted that isn't helpful in close quarters.

Matt receiving my P3P refurb today. Any advice on going from standard to pro? Not selling standard as she taught me so much just can't give her up.

Reactions: Jesse_M
Matt receiving my P3P refurb today. Any advice on going from standard to pro? Not selling standard as she taught me so much just can't give her up.

You're going to love it so much, the standard will probably collect dust. LOL

As far as advice... pretty much everything works just like it did on the standard. The battery charges a lot faster because the charger, 100w vs. 57w. Also, the manual says NOT to charge the RC and battery at the same time. Many people do it anyways, including myself, and have seen no negative consequences at all by doing so. Also, the very first time you charge the transmitter, it will seem like an eternity. I actually thought there was something wrong, but it's normal. However, it lasts 5x as long as the standard. The battery is huge inside the remote. Lastly, I felt the newest version of DJI Go was kind of buggy on mine. The video would go all wonky and then just black out. Then you'd have to switch to airplane mode to get it back. Several people were having this issue. I reverted to 3.1.4 and it works flawlessly.

As far as advice... pretty much everything works just like it did on the standard. The battery charges a lot faster because the charger, 100w vs. 57w. Also, the manual says NOT to charge the RC and battery at the same time. Many people do it anyways, including myself, and have seen no negative consequences at all by doing so. Also, the very first time you charge the transmitter, it will seem like an eternity. I actually thought there was something wrong, but it's normal. However, it lasts 5x as long as the standard. The battery is huge inside the remote. Lastly, I felt the newest version of DJI Go was kind of buggy on mine. The video would go all wonky and then just black out. Then you'd have to switch to airplane mode to get it back. Several people were having this issue. I reverted to 3.1.4 and it works flawlessly.
Are you running the Alfa's on yours? I have a set here with a ARGtec base I could run if you think it's worth the effort. I know I won't be able to run it stock. Just know it.. haha

Are you running the Alfa's on yours? I have a set here with a ARGtec base I could run if you think it's worth the effort. I know I won't be able to run it stock. Just know it.. haha

Yes. I put Alfas on it like a week after owning it. It did 3.2 miles, right out of the box. This was in an area with ZERO interference though. Where the Alfas helped was at my house. Wifi Wifi Wifi, everywhere. I could only get about 4,000 feet in front of my house. With the Alfas, I get 5,500 to 6,000 feet, no problem. I might have been able to push it even further, but didn't want to cross the interstate.

RP-SMA Female with Shaft to MMCX for DJI "No Drill" Clean install | eBay

USED Alfa APA-M25 2.4/5 GHz dual band directional 10 dBi panel antenna 802.11ac | eBay

Same here. I got the P setup last night. I will test fly this weekend. I'm glad I have my trusty Standard in the meantime.

Yes. I put Alfas on it like a week after owning it. It did 3.2 miles, right out of the box. This was in an area with ZERO interference though. Where the Alfas helped was at my house. Wifi Wifi Wifi, everywhere. I could only get about 4,000 feet in front of my house. With the Alfas, I get 5,500 to 6,000 feet, no problem. I might have been able to push it even further, but didn't want to cross the interstate.

RP-SMA Female with Shaft to MMCX for DJI "No Drill" Clean install | eBay

USED Alfa APA-M25 2.4/5 GHz dual band directional 10 dBi panel antenna 802.11ac | eBay

I get 10000 + out my back door with standard on dry day but this is what I had to do to get it.
1492015769049.jpg

Plus your P3P antenna mod..

You have any problems loading app? I can hook up to p3s, set settings etc but when I try to log into dji account or go to flights it white screens me and goes back to camera. Have deleted folder, wiped cache and reloaded. No luv..

You have any problems loading app? I can hook up to p3s, set settings etc but when I try to log into dji account or go to flights it white screens me and goes back to camera. Have deleted folder, wiped cache and reloaded. No luv..

I'm rolled back to 3.1.4 and am having no problems. A few were saying (including myself) that 3.1.5 was having trouble with the video feed and the only way to "fix" it is to run in airplane mode.

There is a guy on ebay (nathanprinter) and here I believe as well named Nathan. He makes nice 3d printed stuff. I just bought a gimbal crash guard and a gimbal lock for storage. The crash guard saved my butt a few weeks ago on my Standard when I was stupid and ignored a low batt alarm and she went into failsafe.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brianklenhart