[TOOL][WIN] Offline TXT FlightRecord to CSV Converter

1dw.jpg

The image above is Dashware in an expanded view. It has not been updated in a long time. Maybe if someone could just update the basics it could possibly help?

Here is the version I did using that technique, I created a 720p version with the gauges that I liked, then I create other copies of that project, resized the gauges to fill the necessary space, and rendered each video, 3 videos in total, and overlayed the videos in Premiere using chroma key, it took a while but the result is great, just uploaded, take a look:

View attachment 60680

The image above is Dashware in an expanded view. It has not been updated in a long time. Maybe if someone could just update the basics it could possibly help?

I'm guessing everyone is like me and lacks the ability to update the basic parts of dashware?

Here is the version I did using that technique, I created a 720p version with the gauges that I liked, then I create other copies of that project, resized the gauges to fill the necessary space, and rendered each video, 3 videos in total, and overlayed the videos in Premiere using chroma key, it took a while but the result is great, just uploaded, take a look:

When you say it took a while, how long is that? I think it takes way too long as it is not using 4K video.

Is there not a Height_Running_Max ?

I see a DETAILS.totalDistance [ft] , How about a Distance_Running?

Thanks

Last edited:
Fdnyfish, are you familiar with updating the dashware software? I looked at it not long ago, and it appears that nothing has really been updated dating back to 2013.

Nothing has changed/Updated. Keeping my fingers crossed that it will be updated once the GoPro Drone/Hero5 is released

When it comes to that kind of stuff I really don't know how to update separate parts of the software. I was able to scan through it and find 2-3 things used inside dashware that had newer versions to them. If updated maybe we can get away from 2-3hr rendering times?

I've spent many hours trying to upgrade ffmpeg and dll files in the Dashware folders. It doesn't work - performance does not increase and even goes down. Even 4K capable versions of ffmpeg don't add 4K rendering to Dashware. It's a lost cause trying to upgrade the parts. Rendering with many gauges takes hours and hours, even with a recent Skylake processor and gigs of RAM. It's just old software that works with 1080p, albeit slow.
I don't render anymore. I just add gauges and play using Dashware in full screen.
I'm so hoping that GoPro will update it, but I'm afraid they might remove functionality and make it work only with their new drone or cameras...

I've spent many hours trying to upgrade ffmpeg and dll files in the Dashware folders. It doesn't work - performance does not increase and even goes down. Even 4K capable versions of ffmpeg don't add 4K rendering to Dashware. It's a lost cause trying to upgrade the parts. Rendering with many gauges takes hours and hours, even with a recent Skylake processor and gigs of RAM. It's just old software that works with 1080p, albeit slow.
I don't render anymore. I just add gauges and play using Dashware in full screen.
I'm so hoping that GoPro will update it, but I'm afraid they might remove functionality and make it work only with their new drone or cameras...

That's the info I have been waiting for.

Those that may not know it, the guy that developed dashware went to work for GoPro back in 2011 or 2012. I would think he is still the one at gopro putting attention into the dashware.

While we sit and wait to see what might be next for this Offline Converter Tool, I came across some data categories in a converted file I'm unsure just what they might mean.

HOME.aircraftHeadDirection
HOME.goHomeStatus
HOME.compassCeleStatus

I picked these out because they a Numbers listed throughout their column that describe, what?

*Looking at one of my flights the, the "HOME.aircraftHeadDirection" has the number 1 from start to end of the flight. What does the #1 represent? Has anyone seen something other then a #1 in the column?

*Also in the same file the "HOME.goHomeStatus" has the number 4 from start to end of the flight. It would be a huge bonus if there was a breakdown on what these numbers represent.

If anyone has any input on this share it. If you don't know what any of it is, just give your best guess.

Any chance of adding one in next update? with a Distance_Running
ok, I will add height.running_max
distance.running_max is already present

While we sit and wait to see what might be next for this Offline Converter Tool
well, there is only one thing I would like to add
and I have already seen in the forum, that someone missed it
it's firmware information
but the problem is, that FIRMWARE section contains many numbers (versions) and I have no idea which number belongs to bird/camera/RC/...
I think there are also numbers with versions of last firmware and newest existing firmware and who know what else

so the only option I can see is, that I'll collect a lot of TXT logs from all of you and you will tell me your firmware versions so I can correctly assign those values

Hi ferraript,
Since I have the new DJI-App, Android Version v2.8.3, installed and it seems so, your tool ends after the first line in the .csv-file
without error. In already two .txt-files is the same issue.
H.

hi ferraript - i have a flight log which the tool cannot convert entirely. its a flight log from when the phantom battery died midflight and the tablet reset at the same time. I have tried healthydrones and phantomhelp log converter, both of those work .. so i know the data inside is good, just that converter doesn't like it. wanted to share this as i use your tool primarily, didnt want the others to work in a situation yours doesn't. i dont quite know whats wrong with the file, but wanted to share.

Hi ferraript,
Since I have the new DJI-App, Android Version v2.8.3, installed and it seems so, your tool ends after the first line in the .csv-file
H.

@ferraript , have you looked into this at all? I'm running into this now on a daily basis from different members. I attached one I recently experienced this issue with. Maybe an obvious redflag will stand out with what we're starting to deal with?

Also, I have another issue that is for everyone. Has any of you converting android TXT files noticed the OSD.battery in the "AU" column?
I have always thought the OSD.battery column to display remaining charge in the battery. However, I looked at converted files dating back in 2015 and the actual data displayed in the "AU" column is anything but a remaining charge. I'm really unsure what the data even looks similar to. It sorta looks yaw/compass related, but then again it doesn't. I'm hoping one of you guys might know what the data is!

Attachments

• 14DJIFlightRecord_2016-08-13_[20-00-42].txt
    299.9 KB · Views: 314
Hi ferraript,
H.
I have also the same problem.

So here's what I know about the issue.
1. Up until Aug 14, logs from my P4/device (android 2.8.3) combo worked fine with your tool.
2. Logs from an iOS device also fail
3. It happens with the latest firmware and the firmware one version back
4. DJI Log Converter can process the file
5. Phantom 3 files appear to still work ok.

Attachments

• DJIFlightRecord_2016-08-17_[19-41-51].txt
    173.9 KB · Views: 357
Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akinproplumbing