[TOOL][WIN] Offline TXT FlightRecord to CSV Converter

Beginner's question, feraript: does your tool only take DJI Go TXT's or also DATs from the flight recorder?

Beginner's question, feraript: does your tool only take DJI Go TXT's or also DATs from the flight recorder?

It is a "Offline TXT to CSV converter". It's also the best txt converter out there.

Btw....did I mention it is also Free!

@BudWalker has a similar converter for the DAT files which is also very impressive!

Many thanks for your very good job. The newest version of your tool works also fine with the
.txt-file of Phantom 4, the same app the same structure of .txt-file.
H.

new version is out
just one little bugfix:
there was longitude in APP_GPS.latitude and latitude in APP_GPS.longitude

Ferraript, I'm a software developer with a P3 so naturally I'm dabbling in some software for it. Without your efforts it would be a struggle to say the least. Since you've been very helpful (and patient) with the other posters I'm hoping to ask you some questions as I progress. Here is the first: In your generated CSV both "CUSTOM.distance" and "CUSTOM.distance.running_max" are identical throughout the flight. I was hoping "distance" would be distance from home. I didn't see any other parameters in you structures to calculate this. Can you point me in the right direction? Thanks.

Reactions: Jtrjr
Are you sure you are using the latest version of my tool?
If you do, then send me that flightlog and also let me know, if you are using iOS or Android app.
Thanks for your reply. Turns out I didn't have your latest app. Your software now converts them properly but my app still converts the distance as if it's max distance. I also grabbed your newest structure definition and noticed there is no "custom.distance.running_max" listed. I believe there used to be, but I overwrote the old structure. My logs are IOS. Is my problem that your structure is Android and mine is IOS? Since your app seems to work as expected with IOS, do you have an IOS structure laid out? Attached is the log I'm using as my test flight. Great work by the way.

Attachments

• DJIFlightRecord_2016-04-17_[12-21-14].txt
    1.6 MB · Views: 421
my app still converts the distance as if it's max distance
Are you sure? I created CSV from that log and distance (in column E) looks fine to me, it's different than distance.running_max (in column H).

there is no "custom.distance.running_max" listed
This column is not present in the log, it's calculated by my tool.

do you have an IOS structure laid out?
Actually, there are only few differences in log from iOS and Android. Bigger problem is, that with newer versions of the apps, they change that structure. I already wrote that in structure xls, that it contains specification for version 5 of log. I won't be updating the file with newer versions of apps. If anybody is interested in exact specification of latest log versions, he will have to find it by himself.

Are you sure? I created CSV from that log and distance (in column E) looks fine to me, it's different than distance.running_max (in column H).

This column is not present in the log, it's calculated by my tool.

Actually, there are only few differences in log from iOS and Android. Bigger problem is, that with newer versions of the apps, they change that structure. I already wrote that in structure xls, that it contains specification for version 5 of log. I won't be updating the file with newer versions of apps. If anybody is interested in exact specification of latest log versions, he will have to find it by himself.
Thanks for getting me this far. I'll do some hacking to try and figure out what I need. At one time I believe you posted your source code for your app. Would you be able to point me too it? It was helpful in determining some of the data conversions. Again, I appreciate your responses.

Has any of you Gents finished a dashware profile yet?

I know that it's been said before. But, this is a great converter. I've already used it twice this morning to analyze two separate flights. In both cases the fact that @ferraript 's converter generates fields not present in the other .txt converters was crucial.

@ferraript

Are you able to come come across additional input on what the numbers represent in the SMART_BATTERY.status text.
So far with different flight logs I have converted, I have such examples as:

0 = None
1 = UserBatteryReqGoHome
3 = Other
7 = Other
15 = Other
271 = Other
4103 = Other
4111 = Other
4367 = Other

these texts are actually not present in DJI GO decompiled sources
so I am just using what I found here
I have no idea if they are correct or not

I'm not seeing how the those names match with the numbers that appear in flight log that I posted.

I'm not seeing how the those names match with the numbers that appear in flight log that I posted.
aah, right, they have wrong values in first rows
it should be:
0: 'None';
1: 'UserBatteryReqGoHome';
2: 'UserBatteryReqLand';

and the meaning of the values not present on that site is unknown, so I use description "Other"

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jakob08z