[TOOL][WIN] Offline TXT FlightRecord to CSV Converter

not everybody uses Dashware
it is meant for people who look only into CSV file, so they would see those values in imperial units
Sure sure, totally agree there.

If you're thinking of putting in imperial columns then I'd go with distances in feet and velocities in feet/sec - MPH would probably be too general and inaccurate to be much use. Anyone else have thoughts on that?

sounds good, is there a way for you to specify feet,meters, f/s , m/s in the field names for clarification?

Can you also add a height.running.max (a field that keeps the maximum height while running)

not everybody uses Dashware
it is meant for people who look only into CSV file, so they would see those values in imperial units

Exactly.... As I mentioned when I brought it up, and asked about it, I said the only true reasonable way to do it would be if it was a Plug-in. We both agree there are a number of data columns already. Btw, the addition of imperial units was not a request, but more so a suggestion, that is if you were wanting the Elite All-time Offline Converter.
The converter itself has worked flawless for me. The only issue I can not overcome is the values in RC.throttle, RC.rudder, RC.elevator, and RC.aileron. I can not get the converters in dashware to save the changes I make in the *multiply or *divide formula's. This has caused me to struggle in putting together a profile for Android setups.

Last edited:
is there a way for you to specify feet,meters, f/s , m/s in the field names for clarification?
this is not such a bad idea, but it would bring two problems:
1. if somebody had already created dashware profile on current column names, he will have to change it
2. if user selects metric units and creates CSV and then he selects imperial units and creates another CSV, column names will be different in those two CSVs

if this is acceptable, I can add units to all column names

this is not such a bad idea, but it would bring two problems:
1. if somebody had already created dashware profile on current column names, he will have to change it
2. if user selects metric units and creates CSV and then he selects imperial units and creates another CSV, column names will be different in those two CSVs

if this is acceptable, I can add units to all column names

Dashware has a easy work around for that. Should not be a problem.

convissue.jpg

Just showing what error comes up when attempting to convert a P4 .txt file.

new version is out, with these changes:
- added option to choose units
- column names now contain units too
- that 02/HOME error reported by @flyNfrank should be fixed (I can't confirm it, because I have no TXT log from P4)
- if Dashware uses columns according to their order, then WARNING: I rearanged the columns in a way, that altitude is always before longitude (so now it's finally easy to copy it into Google Maps)

next I'll look into Inspire logs and I'll try to figure out, if I can make it work
and yes, @Fdnyfish, I have that height.running_max on my mind too

Tried your converter on a P3P TXT file, and rows E&G still have the same data values Distance & Distance Running Max.

Not sure if its an iOS thing or not

I know you were gonna try getting the inspire file to work, so here is what I found CURRENTLY
Rows E&G have same data
Rows D&F need to move the decimal place over to the left once (don't think I was going 444.8mph.... 44.5 seems more like it)

new version is out, with these changes:
- added option to choose units
- column names now contain units too
- that 02/HOME error reported by @flyNfrank should be fixed (I can't confirm it, because I have no TXT log from P4)
- if Dashware uses columns according to their order, then WARNING: I rearanged the columns in a way, that altitude is always before longitude (so now it's finally easy to copy it into Google Maps)

next I'll look into Inspire logs and I'll try to figure out, if I can make it work
and yes, @Fdnyfish, I have that height.running_max on my mind too

Great Work!

The P4 conversion is now smooth with no errors whatsoever. The Distance, Height, and Speed "Units" work on P4 as well.

You have really out done yourself. This setup ROCKS!

Last edited:
Rows D&F need to move the decimal place over to the left once (don't think I was going 444.8mph.... 44.5 seems more like it)
this belongs to the Inspire log, right?
I thought you were still speaking about that P3P log and I got scared, because I was sure I had solved this problem in all Phantom logs, but now I can see in that P3P log that there it is working fine

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik