[TOOL][WIN] Offline TXT FlightRecord to CSV Converter

OK, lets try this again....

Tried your converter 3/31/16 on a P3P TXT file, and rows E&G still have the same data values Distance & Distance Running Max.

This was from an IOS device

Attachments

• DJIFlightRecord_2015-09-28_[19-11-30].txt
    170.5 KB · Views: 440
  • P3P.zip
    51.2 KB · Views: 221
Using the same converter 3/31 with my inspire 1 file

Rows E&G have same data
Rows D&F need to move the decimal place over to the left once

Attachments

• Desktop.zip
    256.9 KB · Views: 305
Yeah. I was banging my head against the desk for several hours today trying to figure out how to use Dashware to add 360 to only the negative numbers of those values and determined that it probably couldn't be done. It was only after all that that I discovered the "Loop Range" checkbox and proceeded to bang my head against the desk again. Oh well. I've only been playing with Dashware for a day or so, so I guess it's to be expected :)
Hope you didn't bruise your head too much from all the head banging! hehe
thank you so very much for ALL your hard work and efforts!

Here's my work-in-progress profile for the Phantom 3. It's based on the latest version with the named columns using Metric.

Attachments

• TXTlogToCSVtool.zip
    2.6 KB · Views: 278
Reactions: Fdnyfish
Any progress on a Inspire fix or version?
in recent days I had zero time for this
I started today
and as I thought, the problem doesn't lie in Inspire specifically
problem is in all iOS logs in general - they use different columns
for example, those E & G columns you were talking about, they represent running distance (oh how I miss this field in Android logs)
I'll continue tomorrow

in recent days I had zero time for this
I started today
and as I thought, the problem doesn't lie in Inspire specifically
problem is in all iOS logs in general - they use different columns
for example, those E & G columns you were talking about, they represent running distance (oh how I miss this field in Android logs)
I'll continue tomorrow
Shame to hear that the logs are different. Probably no way to easily generate the missing Running Distance column is there? I guess you'd need to do some geolocation-based math, eh?

so I took a better look at those iOS logs (most of them provided by @Fdnyfish)
CUSTOM records have the same length like in Android log, so, distance column isn't stored in iOS logs

and just like @AchillesPDX suggested, the only way would be to calculate it according to GPS coordinates, I just don't know how accurate it would be
and also, question is, from which point should be the distance calculated?
from home point? or first point in log?

then there is bad news
iOS logs from 2.7.1 app have some shifted columns in RECOVER record which makes my tool incompatible with them
for now it's just in this one record type (and those columns are not so important) but I'm afraid that they change some more important record and that will be sad day,
because iOS app sources are not available and I can see no way to adapt my tool to support all app versions

@ferraript, are you needing something more then ios .txt flight logs?

@ferraript, are you needing something more then ios .txt flight logs?
no, thanks, I've got a lot of iOS logs

yesterday I programmed the function that computes distance between two points (given their GPS coordinates)
now I have to test it, if it is usable or not (because with small changes in GPS I'm getting zero distance)

but you can answer the question I gave on Tuesday - how to measure the distance
I prefer to use home point
what do you think?

no, thanks, I've got a lot of iOS logs

yesterday I programmed the function that computes distance between two points (given their GPS coordinates)
now I have to test it, if it is usable or not (because with small changes in GPS I'm getting zero distance)

but you can answer the question I gave on Tuesday - how to measure the distance
I prefer to use home point
what do you think?

Home Point is the Main Point, all other distances are based on circumstances.

testing is done and results are very good
at first I took my log (that really contains distance field) and calculated distance for each point and compared it to stored distance field - the differences are 0 - 2 cm for each row

then I took your log, @flyNfrank , from 2016/03/12, that has travelled distance 6971.75 m (it's in the last row of column E)
then I computed distance between every two points and the sum was 6971.68 m, so difference is only 7 cm, I think that's acceptable

so in few days I will release new version, that will contain correct values for both Android & iOS users in all three columns - travelled distance, distance (from HomePoint) and distance.running_max:
for iOS users, I will use that stored "travelled distance" values for new column and calculate distance and distance.running_max and store them in current columns
for Android users, I will just add new calculated column, travelled distance

Reactions: AchillesPDX
new version is out, with these changes:
- the most important thing is, that it should be working fine with both iOS & Android logs, from older or new version of app, on all DJI birds
- new column CUSTOM.travelled - for iOS it's read from log, for Android it's calculated
- for iOS, column CUSTOM.distance is calculated (it's not stored in log)
- removed columns DETAILS.substreet and DETAILS.street (they are no longer used, instead of them the columns DETAILS.city & DETAILS.area can have 2x larger length)
- small changes in RECOVER and OSD

Reactions: neven
All test performed on my end were successful.

Nice work thank you!

new quickfix version is out
there was a problem for Android logs in RECOVER section

I installed the new version and then ran the same file for a comparison in the RECOVER section. I was unable to find any change whatsoever in the RECOVER section.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl