Take off with a twist.

Reaction score
When I launch my P2V+, it very recently began to do a quarter turn to the right as it takes off. Once it makes its little turn, it is fine. I made for certain sure that I was not pushing the stick to the right as I was taking off. I re-calibrated the controller and that did not resolve the issue. I then did an IMU calibration. That did not resolve the issue either. Has anyone seen this type of behavior from a phantom before? I don't like the P2V+ doing anything that I do not tell it or allow it to do.

How many times has it done this?
What type of environment are you calibrating around?
Have you done a calibration on the R.C.?

It began on or about 7 launches ago over the past week. The first time it happened I was visiting a friend on an island surrounded by swamp close to the gulf. This was the first time it occurred. It was not a bad environment at all. Mostly lime rock, shell mounds, and sand geology. I had some of the best satellite lock I ever had with 13 satellites. When I got home, I did a RC calibration. I took it out to a very rural area a couple days ago and flew it over an open saw grass prairie and it had done its twist take off again. I did three launches just to make sure I was not thumbing the stick to the right on take off. I had done the R.C., controller calibration. I brought it back home and I did an IMU calibration. I then took it out in the back yard and still the same phenomenon is occurring. It is noteworthy to mention that I also do a compass calibration dance each and every time I change locations of flight.

Do the props whine for a split-second when the Phantom makes its jerk? My copter did this about 2 months ago. At each Tx input, the copter would do that quick twitch accompanied by a simultaneous prop whine for a slit second. This behavior started suddenly and ended just as suddenly that same day.

Does yours do it only upon take-off?

Mines done this the last time I was out but it was a slight turn to the left. I had gloves on and thought I must have been doing it my self. I will be watching out for it next time I am out.

Not having the plus but the P2V I had this when I had set the button in the phone APP to move the camera by tilting the phone/transmitter. Tilting one way makes the camera move up and down while tilting side to side makes the Phantom turn.

Geo

Mine moves about 90 degree clockwise too, I wonder if it is my phone doing the same thing. I have to look how to disable on the iphone the tilt..... I did just buy a new tablet so the iphone is on the way out.

Geoelectro said:
Not having the plus but the P2V I had this when I had set the button in the phone APP to move the camera by tilting the phone/transmitter. Tilting one way makes the camera move up and down while tilting side to side makes the Phantom turn.

Geo

That can only happen when you touch the icon on the top left of the screen, the default is for it not to work unless selected

Icon circled in red

4.jpg

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl