Tablets and phones that work well with DJI GO

Galaxy Note 3,4 & 5 all have worked flawlessly with DJI Go & Litchi.
Samsung Galaxy Tab E is my favorite and go to tablet when I need the the larger screen. This tablet has performed well for me in both DJI Go & Litchi apps. I will have to admit the Simulator use on the Notes kind of lacks because of the absence of the larger screen. Hey but at least us Android users now have a simulator to use.
Cheers and Keep it airborne.
How do you find the simulator ?

In addition to the devices DJI recommends (at the bottom of their specs), here are other devices that people found work well with the DJI GO app:

Apple:
iPhone 5s (4 inches)
iPhone 6 (4.7 inches)
iPhone 6 Plus (5.5 inches)
iPhone 6s (4.7 inches)
iPhone 6s Plus (5.5 inches)

iPad Air (9.7 inches)
iPad Air 2 (10 inches)
iPad Mini 2 (7.9 inches)
iPad Mini 3 (7.9 inches)
iPad Mini 4 ― (7.9 inches)
iPad Pro ― (12.9 inches)

Note:
Both Wi-Fi only and cellular iPad models are compatible. Only cellular models have GPS. You do not have to enable the cell service in order to use the GPS.

Android:
Acer Iconia Tab (8 inches)
Acer Iconia Tab (10.1 inches)

Google Nexus 5 (5 inches)
Google Nexus 7 [2013] (7 inches)
Google Nexus 9 (8.9 inches)
HTC One (4.7 inches)
Huawei Ascend Mate 7 ― (6.8 inches)
Huawei P8 Max ― (6.8 inches)
Lenovo A3500 (7 inches)
Lenovo Tab S8-50 (8 inches)
Nubia Z7 Mini (5 inches)
Nvidia Shield K1 (8 inches)
Samsung Galaxy Note 3 (5.7 inches)
Samsung Galaxy Note 4 (5.6 inches)
Samsung Galaxy S4 (5 inches)
Samsung Galaxy S5 (5.1 inches)
Samsung Galaxy S6 (5.1 inches)
Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge (5.1 inches)
Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 ― (7 inches)
Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 ― (10.1 inches)

Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 Lite (7 inches)
Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 (7 inches)
Samsung Galaxy Tab 705c ― (8.4 inches)
Samsung Galaxy Tab A ―(8 inches)
Samsung Galaxy Tab A ―(9.7 inches)

Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro (8.4 inches)
Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro (10.1 inches)
Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro (12.2 inches)
Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 ― (8 inches)
Smartisan T1 ― (4.95 inches)

Sony Xperia Z2 (5.2 inches)
Sony Xperia Z3 (5.2 inches)
Xiaomi Mi 3 ― (5 inches)
Xiaomi Mi Pad ― (7.9 inches)

Note: Tablets larger than 10 inches will require an extender to be installed on the remote controller mount. This extender is designed well and will securely hold your tablet in place.

I tried using my Nexus 7 but when installing the app it says "not compatible". As the app is updated are some of these units being fazed out or do I need to do something to prep the Nexus 7 to work appropriately?

Thanks

How do you find the simulator ?
Well I must be honest and say I was not all that impressed with the DJI Go Simulator. Ok I guess if you've never flown and quadcopter.
Having just a green square with a landing pad in the middle just didnt do too much for me. I would rather just take it into my basement and fly around there to gain some true indoor skills.
Ive shot a couple of videos at work of some projects which involved flying with no GPS and that was the greatest learning experience I have had to date
Not downing DJI for finally give us Android users the simulator. Just wish it had a bit more content that's all. Any way you can gain flight experience and hone your skills is good in my book.
Enjoy and keep it airborne.

Well I must be honest and say I was not all that impressed with the DJI Go Simulator. Ok I guess if you've never flown and quadcopter.
Having just a green square with a landing pad in the middle just didnt do too much for me. I would rather just take it into my basement and fly around there to gain some true indoor skills.
Ive shot a couple of videos at work of some projects which involved flying with no GPS and that was the greatest learning experience I have had to date
Not downing DJI for finally give us Android users the simulator. Just wish it had a bit more content that's all. Any way you can gain flight experience and hone your skills is good in my book.
Enjoy and keep it airborne.
I agree, there's no substitute for chucking a cheap Chinese quad about. Once you've mastered your orientation skills with one of them (don't get one with altitude hold) flying a phantom
is a breeze!

I agree, there's no substitute for chucking a cheap Chinese quad about. Once you've mastered your orientation skills with one of them (don't get one with altitude hold) flying a phantom
is a breeze!
Agree. I have the Syma X5c which really improved my indoor action. Even honed my video capabilities as this has an HD camera but no FPV so its more or less filming by feel.

I also use the Proscan 10" @ $88 on Amazon ... Amazon.com: Proscan 10-Inch Tablet, Quad Core, 1 GB RAM, Built in Bluetooth and GPS, Android 4.4 Kit-Kat, Google Play Certified: Computers & Accessories.

I got the app from the google store, and it works perfectly.
Battery time is running just under 9 hours ... which really surprised me.

I'm, also using it's HDMI out, and a cheap ($10 on Amazon) HDMI to composite, self powered converter ... http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00HXB73KE?keywords=Wayzon Mini White Composite HDMI&qid=1449861557&ref_=sr_1_1&sr=8-1

To drive these $30 FPV goggles ... Quanum DIY FPV Goggle Set with Monitor (KIT)

Mod'd this way ....

My version of this kit has brightness, contrast, color, tint and etc. adjustments, and no horizontal lines that this youtube viddy speaks of.
Great information. Thanks

I can report that the Dragon Touch A1x + (appx. $100.00 on Amazon) works flawlessly with the DJI Go app.

I am new here and I am thoroughly confused.

I have spent a while reading through this thread and others before posting but I still cannot find the answers that I am looking for.
I am financially limited so a limited budget is what is going to drive my options. I have a Phantom 3 Standard that I just got but have not used yet.

If possible I would like to use one of the devices that I already have:
1) My AT&T iPhone 5S (issue is very small screen size, so it will be hard to see)
2) My daughters iPad air (issue is that it is Wi-Fi only so no GPS, I would also need to get a custom mount for the remote that comes with the phantom 3 standard remote to use it, and also it has an otter box defender, which believe me it needs with the abuse it gets, this adds a lot of bulk and weight to it and it is a chore to remove it and put it back on)
3) My wife’s kindle fire HDX (issue is I would have to side load the app and it does not support maps among other things that I am not aware of)

So with that said, what do you think I should do? Should I use one of the devices I have?
Or is there a tablet I can buy (and I am fine getting a used one off of eBay/amazon, etc.) that would be less than $100?

The following used (but amazon prime) are all $70-$80 range right now
ASUS ZENPAD Z170C-A1-BK 7" 16 GB Tablet
Acer Iconia Tab Tablet with 16GB Memory 8" | A1-840-131U
Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 Lite (7-Inch, Dark Gray)
Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 (8-Inch, Gold-Brown) 2013 Model
Would any of these options work?

My understanding is that the Phantom 3 Standard remote communicates with my phone/tablet using Wi-Fi (and does not have a USB port, so that isn't even an option), with that said is it safe to assume that this will limit me in regards to not also being able to connect a Wi-Fi only table to a Wi-Fi hotspot for GPS etc.? Meaning I basically will either need to use my iPhone 5s, purchase a tablet that is one a cellular network, or be limited in some of the functions available for my phantom 3 standard?

Any input is greatly appreciated.
Thanks!

I am new here and I am thoroughly confused.

I have spent a while reading through this thread and others before posting but I still cannot find the answers that I am looking for.
I am financially limited so a limited budget is what is going to drive my options. I have a Phantom 3 Standard that I just got but have not used yet.

If possible I would like to use one of the devices that I already have:
1) My AT&T iPhone 5S (issue is very small screen size, so it will be hard to see)
2) My daughters iPad air (issue is that it is Wi-Fi only so no GPS, I would also need to get a custom mount for the remote that comes with the phantom 3 standard remote to use it, and also it has an otter box defender, which believe me it needs with the abuse it gets, this adds a lot of bulk and weight to it and it is a chore to remove it and put it back on)
3) My wife’s kindle fire HDX (issue is I would have to side load the app and it does not support maps among other things that I am not aware of)

So with that said, what do you think I should do? Should I use one of the devices I have?
Or is there a tablet I can buy (and I am fine getting a used one off of eBay/amazon, etc.) that would be less than $100?

The following used (but amazon prime) are all $70-$80 range right now
ASUS ZENPAD Z170C-A1-BK 7" 16 GB Tablet
Acer Iconia Tab Tablet with 16GB Memory 8" | A1-840-131U
Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 Lite (7-Inch, Dark Gray)
Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 (8-Inch, Gold-Brown) 2013 Model
Would any of these options work?

My understanding is that the Phantom 3 Standard remote communicates with my phone/tablet using Wi-Fi (and does not have a USB port, so that isn't even an option), with that said is it safe to assume that this will limit me in regards to not also being able to connect a Wi-Fi only table to a Wi-Fi hotspot for GPS etc.? Meaning I basically will either need to use my iPhone 5s, purchase a tablet that is one a cellular network, or be limited in some of the functions available for my phantom 3 standard?

Any input is greatly appreciated.
Thanks!

Like I stated in my previous post, the Dragon Touch A1X Plus works flawlessly! You can get it from Amazon at this link for $99.00 (Amazon.com : Dragon Touch A1X Plus 10.1'' Quad Core Tablet PC, Android 5.0 Lollipop, 16GB Nand Flash, Built-in GPS Bluetooth, HDMI, Dual Camera : Computers & Accessories). If you have Prime, you can be flying by Saturday. :) Tab has Bluetooth, GPS, WiFi, Android 5.0 Lollipop, dual cameras, etc.

Like I stated in my previous post, the Dragon Touch A1X Plus works flawlessly! You can get it from Amazon at this link for $99.00 (Amazon.com : Dragon Touch A1X Plus 10.1'' Quad Core Tablet PC, Android 5.0 Lollipop, 16GB Nand Flash, Built-in GPS Bluetooth, HDMI, Dual Camera : Computers & Accessories). If you have Prime, you can be flying by Saturday. :) Tab has Bluetooth, GPS, WiFi, Android 5.0 Lollipop, dual cameras, etc.

Have you used it with the Phantom 3 Standard? My concern is since the remote with this model communicates with the table via WiFi only, I would be not be able to also tether it to my phone and therefor be limited in my available options. Can you speak to this at all? Thanks for the feedback.

Have you used it with the Phantom 3 Standard? My concern is since the remote with this model communicates with the table via WiFi only, I would be not be able to also tether it to my phone and therefor be limited in my available options. Can you speak to this at all? Thanks for the feedback.
Sorry, I don't know anything about the P3 Standard. I am flying the P3 Pro. The Tab plugs into my P3 Pro controller via micro USB cable so it does not use bluetooth with it. Perhaps someone else can speak to that issue.

Reactions: Ken Hanks
Sorry, I don't know anything about the P3 Standard. I am flying the P3 Pro. The Tab plugs into my P3 Pro controller via micro USB cable so it does not use bluetooth with it. Perhaps someone else can speak to that issue.

When you use this tablet with your P3 Pro, do you tether the tablet via a WiFi hotspot to your phone or another source? Thanks!

When you use this tablet with your P3 Pro, do you tether the tablet via a WiFi hotspot to your phone or another source? Thanks!
Tab has built in GPS so you can download google maps and use it standalone. I have not needed WiFi yet, but I could always tether to my Verizon Jetpack if I needed to.

Any comparrisons or suggestions between the Dragon Touch A1X Plus and the Nvidia K1? Does the 10" require the extension for the tablet hold down? I am and have been looking at all tablets ,,,, wait a minute - does the A1X have all 3 screens on the go app, main, radar, and map in lower right corner?

Reactions: 4wd
I have the Galaxy Tab Pro 10.1. It fits with a little pushing. Don't know why Samsung came up with the idea to put the USB port on the bottom, but I managed with cutting on the RC with a fine saw. The Note 4 works as well, but I like the big screen more for the Ground Station mode.

Hello all.
I am a new member. I hope that I am in the right place for a question.
I have a P3a and yesterday I purchased a new Samsung tab 7 in Ireland.
Play store says not compatible with your device. I have been using my Galaxy 5 and wanted a bigger screen. I'm 64 and wanted easier view.
Thanks

I tried using my Nexus 7 but when installing the app it says "not compatible". As the app is updated are some of these units being fazed out or do I need to do something to prep the Nexus 7 to work appropriately?

Thanks
Is it the 2013 version?
Not sure about the older ones.
The 2013 version is OK with it, just download and install it from DJI site

Tab has built in GPS so you can download google maps and use it standalone. I have not needed WiFi yet, but I could always tether to my Verizon Jetpack if I needed to.

I went ahead and ordered it and hopefully it will work out well, I will post my results, thanks for the help and happy new year!

Wifi only? I thought all models used the USB cables. You could try the ipad air in the backyard and see how it works.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brianklenhart