Tablets and phones that work well with DJI GO

I read all 27 pages, I was going to use my old iPad mini (original) but it appears the P3 will not work with it. Shame but no problem so I started looking at an iPad mini 2 just so it would run the go program or litchi. Along with several weather apps I use, I can not use it just for a drone, it has to multitask. Sides Walmarts has them on sale right now for about 199, not too bad.
But then I have to get a garmin gps addon for another 100 or so, jeeze.

So after thinking about it, & how I'm more a droid person but I have to get a pretty current system so it must have lollipop on it or be upgradable to lollipop. Its nice the Nvidia Shield K1 is upgradable to marshmellow even if its buggy right now, plus its also on sale for 199 & I dont have to buy a gps addon. No cables? Not a problem as I have cables anyways from my s3, s4 & s5 samsung galaxies & micro usb are easy to find, minis not so much.

So thanks to everyone that posted here with their thoughts & opinions on which one they have, pros & cons. Gonna skip the iPad mini2, got the Nvidia Shield K1 on order on Amazon, it will be here in a couple days providing the delivery service isnt still mucked up.

Good choice, I love mine. Seems to work well with 6.0 too, even in its current sorry state!

Reactions: DroneDog
Its one of the reasons I was looking at the garmin addon or the shield, they have glonass nowadays. Even my handheld gps doesnt have that feature. Even my cheap ellipse 8 has gps, not sure if its glonass also but it does have gps capabilities.

New SHIELD tablet K1 for Gamers - NVIDIA SHIELD Store
Wireless - 802.11n 2x2 MIMO 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 4.0 LE, GPS / GLONASS

While I hate the fact that Lollipop really doesnt really allow you to use & store apps on the sd card I'm hearing that Marshmellow is rolling that back if not totally at least some.With only 16gb & a good bit of that taken by the o/s you can run out of room really fast. Especially with software bloat with every update, no different with IoS for Apple/iPads.

I am totally new to this and got a P3P for Christmas, I have an Acer Iconia 8W tablet, I got the DJI Pilot apk.file downloaded and extracted, but, there doesn't appear to be an "auto.exe" or "inst.exe" anywhere? Has anybody got any suggestions? TIA.

New SHIELD tablet K1 for Gamers - NVIDIA SHIELD Store
Wireless - 802.11n 2x2 MIMO 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 4.0 LE, GPS / GLONASS

While I hate the fact that Lollipop really doesnt really allow you to use & store apps on the sd card I'm hearing that Marshmellow is rolling that back if not totally at least some.With only 16gb & a good bit of that taken by the o/s you can run out of room really fast. Especially with software bloat with every update, no different with IoS for Apple/iPads.
Yes you can set the tablet to treat the sd as internal storage. I've got a 32gb sandisk in mine which has basically turned it into a 48gb tablet!

Brian T, you should be able to use your file manager app, locate the .apk file and click on it. The APK should install now

"Brian T, you should be able to use your file manager app, locate the .apk file and click on it. The APK should install now"

Hi Ken , thanks for that , I read that elsewhere and looked for the "File manager app" even used the "Search" facility on the tab and no result? Is that another app I have to download?

I don't think anything less than iPhone 5s will run the app.

Anything less than iphone 6 is too small for FPV anyway.

Nvidea Shield is my dedicated device. Sorry Apple people, I got my P3P on May 4. The DJI Pilot app. was available for android not IOS.

Nvidea also has HDMI out, so no need for the optional tx.board.

I thought that my Galaxy S5 would be sufficient, and it does operate the aircraft just fine, but as the OP said, it is just too small! So after much research, I also purchased a Nvidia Shield tablet(8") that will be dedicated to the operation of my new P3P and DJI Go App. My apologies to the Apple people, I am one that sides with the Android OS. I had seen that they are MANY pilots on here that use the Shield, so that says volumes to me. Happy flying!

I'm totally new here and I will have my first P3P in two days.

I have an iPhone 6s and a Samsung Galaxy note 8.0, is the second one works too (Android 4.4.2)?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Galaxy Note 3,4 & 5 all have worked flawlessly with DJI Go & Litchi.
Samsung Galaxy Tab E is my favorite and go to tablet when I need the the larger screen. This tablet has performed well for me in both DJI Go & Litchi apps. I will have to admit the Simulator use on the Notes kind of lacks because of the absence of the larger screen. Hey but at least us Android users now have a simulator to use.
Cheers and Keep it airborne.

I got a Samsung Tab A n love it so far. Off topic but does anybody use the cache maps? I just like the video.

i use the same setup and so far so good with the flying part. I cannot seem to make movies in app and saving photos has been a bit weird. They are not stored in my library directly, they only show up when i press the play button on the remote. DJI says that the deivc is not supported and so the app will not work perfectly.

Brian, you can certainly download a "File Manager App". I use an app on my Galaxy Tab S called "File Manager" by ZenUI, Asus Computer

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20