Tablets and phones that work well with DJI GO

I know the Galaxy Tab A 8" tablet is on the list of compatible devices, but does anyone have any real feedback on it? Is the Nvidea Shield K1 better than the Galaxy Tab A 8"? For me this tablet will be dedicated for the P3 only. Thanks...
I don't think there are many people who own BOTH Tab A and Shield, and have used both on their Phantoms to tell you the difference. People only own either the Tab A or Shield. However from my reading so far, it appears the Shield has more powerful graphic processor so it will display the video smoother?

I don't think there are many people who own BOTH Tab A and Shield, and have used both on their Phantoms to tell you the difference. People only own either the Tab A or Shield. However from my reading so far, it appears the Shield has more powerful graphic processor so it will display the video smoother?
Thanks, yeah I wasn't looking for someone that had both, just someone that has either ..or.. that could confirm good performance, no lag yada yada. I'm a soon to be Pr3 owner and just trying to learn and figure out all I can.

I have read a couple of owners who own a Tab A dedicated to their Phantoms, both are happy with its performance.

Shield is well known by Phantom users and is one of the fastest tablets for it. A lot of iPad Air 2 owners reckon theirs are the best tablets for Phantoms. I personally own a Samsung Tab S2 and it has plenty of power too (of course S2 is higher spec and more expensive than Tab A).

I can burn 3 batteries and my Tab S2 is still 85%. Great choice for flying.

I am also a newbie and looking at tablets, right now leaning toward the Nvidia Shield. Question is the 16 gb enough or should it be upgraded to 32 or 128?
Thanks

I haven't received mine yet.
Did the #7 work for you to get good focus?
If so was it with or without also using reading glasses?

I plan to make tabs, sorta like the Frensel lens mod video I posted shows for using the larger Fresnel lens, using hot glue ... so it can moved back and forth.

I 'think' the discussion is OK here because it ties into the HDMI output of 'some' tablets, and how that option can be used for FPV ... 'if' the tablet has that option, and having that option avoids needing to buy the DJI HDMI back for the controller, to accomplish this version of FPV.
But .... if somebody asks us to move, then I have absolutely no problem going to FPV or PM.
I'm now on the forum as fire41fighter. still playing with all the fpv goggles and havent found the right combo. cant find a way to mount the 7 diopter that works well.

I've been using a Dell Venue 8" 7000 series Android tablet for a few weeks. It seems to run smoothly with the latest versions of craft, remote and app firmware. The only issue is switching between video full screen and map view full screen. It will flicker and stay black. Exiting to the home screen and back into camera view clears it up.

How did you get it to work. I just got home with one and it says not the DJI go app is not compatible.
Make sure your tablet has all the new software updates and try again. This happened to me on an Acer, worked after the update.

Reactions: Ted S
buying an ipad air 2. is it possible to move the flights saved on my phone which i have been flying with, over to the ipad? if not then the flight counter will start over when i start flying with the ipad.

buying an ipad air 2. is it possible to move the flights saved on my phone which i have been flying with, over to the ipad? if not then the flight counter will start over when i start flying with the ipad.

As long as you sync your "Flight Record" on the "DJI GO" app to the cloud you should be able to see all your flights on each device. I've been flying with my iPad Air and just tested it by syncing the app on my 6+ and all my P3P flights saved on the Air loaded up to the phone no problem.

Reactions: Arvidj

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AnndyManuka