Tablets and phones that work well with DJI GO

I have an ipad air 128 dedicated only for flying nothing on it but go app and basic apps it came with that I cant remove. Works fantastic!

Anyone use the Slate tablets? I can get one of those for FREE with a data plan with Sprint right now.

Tablets and phones that work well DJI GO

Overview

There are a wide variety of Apple and Android devices available. It's important to make sure you're using a device that is powerful enough in order to prevent the DJI GO app from lagging, freezing, and/or crashing during use. The following list includes devices recommended by Phantom Help (), devices recommended by DJI (), and other devices that are most often recommended by Phantom pilots.

─────────────────────────────────────────────────────────

Apple Devices

iPhone 5s--(4 inches A7 chip)
iPhone 6--(4.7 inches A8 chip)
iPhone 6 Plus--(5.5 inches A8 chip)
iPhone 6s--(4.7 inches A9 chip)
iPhone 6s Plus--(5.5 inches A9 chip)
iPhone SE--(4 inches A9 chip)
iPad Air --(9.7 inchesA7 chip)
iPad Air 2--(10 inches A8X chip)
iPad Mini 2--(7.9 inchesA7 chip)
iPad Mini 3--(7.9 inches A7 chip)
iPad Mini 4--(7.9 inchesA8 chip)
iPad Pro--(9.7 inches A9X chip)
iPad Pro--(12.9 inches A9X chip)

Note:
Both Wi-Fi only and cellular iPad Air/Mini/Pro models are compatible. Only cellular models have GPS. You do not have to enable the cell service in order to use the GPS. The DJI GO app currently only requires GPS on an Apple device when using the Follow Me feature or to reset the home point to your current location if you've moved elsewhere after taking off.

Note: Tablets wider than 6.75 inches (including the case) will require an extender to be installed on the remote controller mount. The iPad Air will fit without case. This extender is designed well and will securely hold a tablet that's up to 8.25 inches wide.

Note: Your Apple device will work better out of the box if you follow these tips.

─────────────────────────────────────────────────────────

Android Devices

►► Acer Iconia One 10--(10.1 inches1.3 GHz1 GB RAM)
►► Acer Iconia Tab 8--(8 inches1.33 GHz2 GB RAM)
►► Acer Iconia Tab 10--(10.1 inches1.3 GHz1 GB RAM)
►► Google Nexus 5--(5 inches2.3 GHz2 GB RAM)
Google Nexus 7 [2013]--(7 inches1.5 GHz2 GB RAM)
Google Nexus 9--(8.9 inches2.3 GHz2 GB RAM)
►► HTC One--(4.7 inches1.7 GHz2 GB RAM)
Huawei Ascend Mate 7--(6.8 inches1.3 GHz2 GB RAM)
Huawei P8 Max--(6.8 inches2.2 GHz3 GB RAM)
►► Lenovo A3500--(7 inches1.3 GHz1 GB RAM)
►► Lenovo Tab S8-50--(8 inches1.86 GHz2 GB RAM)
Nubia Z7 Mini--(5 inches2.0 GHz2 GB RAM)
Nvidia Shield K1--(8 inches2.2 GHz2 GB RAM)
►► RCA Voyager II--(7.1 inches1.4 GHz1 GB RAM)
Samsung Galaxy Note 3--(5.7 inches2.3 GHz3 GB RAM)
Samsung Galaxy Note 4--(5.7 inches2.7 GHz3 GB RAM)
►► Samsung Galaxy Note 5--(5.7 inches2.1 GHz4 GB RAM)
►► Samsung Galaxy S4--(5 inches1.9 GHz2 GB RAM)
Samsung Galaxy S5--(5.1 inches2.5 GHz2 GB RAM)
Samsung Galaxy S6--(5.1 inches2.1 GHz3 GB RAM)
►► Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge--(5.1 inches2.1 GHz3 GB RAM)
►► Samsung Galaxy Tab 2--(7 inches1.0 GHz1 GB RAM)
►► Samsung Galaxy Tab 2--(10.1 inches1.0 GHz1 GB RAM)
►► Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 Lite--(7 inches1.2 GHz1 GB RAM)
►► Samsung Galaxy Tab 4--(7 inches1.2 GHz1.5 GB RAM)
Samsung Galaxy Tab 705c--(8.4 inches1.9 GHz3 GB RAM)
►► Samsung Galaxy Tab A--(8 inches1.2 GHz1.5 GB RAM)
►► Samsung Galaxy Tab A--(9.7 inches1.2 GHz1.5 GB RAM)
►► Samsung Galaxy Tab E--(9.6 inches1.3 GHz1.5 GB RAM)
►► Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro--(8.4 inches2.3 GHz2 GB RAM)
►► Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro--(10.1 inches1.9 GHz2 GB RAM)
►► Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro--(12.2 inches1.9 GHz3 GB RAM)
►► Samsung Galaxy Tab S2--(8 inches1.3 GHz3 GB RAM)
Smartisan T1--(4.95 inches2.5 GHz2 GB RAM)
►► Sony Xperia Z2--(5.2 inches2.3 GHz3 GB RAM)
Sony Xperia Z3--(5.2 inches2.5 GHz3 GB RAM)
Xiaomi Mi 3--(5 inches2.3 GHz2 GB RAM)
Xiaomi Mi Pad--(7.9 inches2.2 GHz2 GB RAM)

Note: Tablets wider than 6.75 inches (including the case) will require an extender to be installed on the remote controller mount. This extender is designed well and will securely hold a tablet that's up to 8.25 inches wide.

Note: The DJI GO app currently only requires GPS on an Android device when using the Follow Me feature or to reset the home point to your current location if you've moved elsewhere after taking off.

Note: Your Android device will work better out of the box if you follow these tips.

Note: If you're not able to install DJI GO from the Google Play store, you'll need to sideload the DJI GO APK.
I am using the Nexus 7 (2013) wifi only. Have to cache maps but it does work well.

Got a P4 as a gift but my Elephone 9000 would not cut it, especially during live streaming. So eventually invested on a 256GB iPad Pro 9,7"

So bad my other 4th gen iPad would not even start DJI Go App :(

For everyone watching this thread, if you're using a device that works well and it's not on my list above, please comment below and let me know what you're using. I'd like to keep this list as current as possible since it's referenced often. Thank you for your help!

I use an LG G PAD 8.1 and it works fantastic. it has a beautiful quality screen, and it has a usb port on it. i do some of my photo and video editing on it. i have an adapter that i put my micro sd card into and then plug it into my G PAD.

Reactions: Jimmy1952
I use an LG G PAD 8.1 and it works fantastic. it has a beautiful quality screen, and it has a usb port on it. i do some of my photo and video editing on it. i have an adapter that i put my micro sd card into and then plug it into my G PAD.
I had one of those LG 8.1 pads. You make me wish I hadn't traded it off now.

Use my Galaxy Tab S 10 inch (SM-T800) and also use an inexpensive Cube T8 8 inch with good results.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Use my Galaxy Tab S 10 inch (SM-T800) and also use an inexpensive Cube T8 8 inch with good results.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
No problems with the Tab S, no lag problems? I have one also. I connected it inside to see if it works but haven't went out flying yet. It's nice the WiFi models have gps where ipad dont.

Reactions: Ken Hanks
I just purchased the galaxy tab A 8.0.
I am able to install dji go app however it won't connect to the camera....it just sits in that How to connect drawing.when I unplug the tab I plug in my galaxy 5s & no problems whatsoever. How do I fix this?

I tried a Galaxy tab 4 last weekend because my Ipad mini hadn't arrived yet and I thought it was very laggy. The output on the monitor from the HDMI module wasn't. I didn't have any connection problems just laggy.

I tried a Galaxy tab 4 last weekend because my Ipad mini hadn't arrived yet and I thought it was very laggy. The output on the monitor from the HDMI module wasn't.
How laggy is it when not using the HDMI out?

How laggy is it when not using the HDMI out?
Last weekend was the first and only time I tried and that was because I didn't get my bracket extender from amazon for my Tab S 10.1 yet. If I bring it home from work again I'll try it without the hdmi. It doesn't seem like it has enough horse power. I'll be using either my tab s or a ipad mini 3 most of the time now.

If you have an iPad great. Otherwise don't bother with anything other than a shield. 200 bux and done.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

I just bought this Asus Zenpad 8 (Z380C-1L040A) and tested it works fine. I updated to the latest version of the Android and all good. :) My ipad air-2 (9.7") was too big and heavy to hold the RC.

A Very good price, £120!
I confirm it.
I tried my wife's Asus Zenpad 8 (z380kl) on my P3A.
Excellent work.

Tested firwares
Android 6.0 (after automatic update)
Dji go 2.9.1
RM 1.6
P3A 1.09.40

I just purchased the galaxy tab A 8.0.
I am able to install dji go app however it won't connect to the camera....it just sits in that How to connect drawing.when I unplug the tab I plug in my galaxy 5s & no problems whatsoever. How do I fix this?

I have the Tab A 10.1 that I just bought at Costco. I'm new at this as this is my third day with the drone (P3P). The first day, I bought the tablet and loaded the Go software. No issues with my first flight. The next day the software told me to upgrade the Remote which I did. I have had nothing but problems with the video feed. I have lots of pixilation and video break ups. No problem connecting though.

FWIW I run an iPhone 6s Plus, no issues aside from the one 'no image transmission' - good sized screen, no bad lag issues

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

I found a list of the approved tablets and found that the Apple products seem to be the most compatible. I went to Best Buy a few days ago and purchased the iPad mini 4 128 gig & have not had any problems whatsoever. I'm guessing Apple is the way to go with the DJI products & apps. Seems to be a nicer view although the same resolution...supposedly.
I live in Beverly Hills, CA & have been doing quite a bit of night flying & it's been freaking incredible!
Anybody in the w.la area that know of any good spots...I'll b happy to share what I found in century city & Westwood area.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl