Tablets and phones that work well with DJI GO

No not at all no toe stepping and I didnt mean to either.I got information overload on those articles and every link I clicked on was how great Samsung was without comparing it to any others.I did not read eveything,there was too much info
Well, I admit the title itself is a bit much. I should have presented the link as documentation on the OLED display.

Anyone use a Samsung Note 10.1 2014 edition or a Note 5 successfully with the P3 Pro?

All tablet and phones are good for me. Because I can use mirroring the DJI Go app in wireless.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

http://Youtube.com/AryaDegaTube

my galaxy S2 was ok(old one) but died and replacement was a new version and nothing but grief. Loaded dji app but would not connect. Took it back and new one was the same. App would not get past "how to connect" Got so frustrated I took it back and got Ipad mini 4 which connects immediately and works fine,

Phantom 4 with a Galaxy Tab S2 (8.0, LTE) (SM-T719) is a disaster!!!

As my iPad 2 didn't work at all I bought a brand new Galaxy S2 before going abroad! The purpose was to make movies for a period of almost two month in a foreign country with poor technical infrastructure (no chance to buy another hardware or having full internet access and time to fiddle around how to solve the issue). So I found myself in the middle of nowhere with brand new hardware (Phantom 4 and Galaxy Tab S2) for over € 2.100 which almost didn't work.

The trouble: I have to plug in the USB-cable into the Galaxy S2 or the remote control between 30 and 50 times in order to link each other (yes, you read it right - 30 to 40 times plugging in and out to become the "camera" button in the DJI Go App blue). So I started to ask locals if they could install DJI Go App on their own devices in order to find out if the smartphone/tablet is causing the mess or the remote control. So, it worked with an Sony Experia Z3 flawlessly ad hoc; same with an old venerable Google Nexus 7 tablet.

Nevertheless updating the Android OS, the Phantom 4 remote controls firmware and the firmware of the Phantom 4 itself - nothing has changed. The Galaxy Tab S2 is plain and simple incompatible with the DJI Phantom 4.

My advice: If you even though consider to buy the combo P4 with Galaxy S2 (SM-T719), you should obtain it from the same dealer. In case you face the same problems, you can face the dealer with the issue. Otherwise one (P4 dealer) will blame the other (S2 dealer) and vice versa.

Unlikely somebody else has faced the same issue, but if so and he even solved it: How?????????????????????????

Best regards,

M.

my SONY XPERIA Z3 COMPACT 8" and 3GB ram , 1920 x 1200 pixels display works flawless even in direct sunlight. It has installed an easy to use (one button) function to record and make a video of the display while you are flying!

As my iPad 2 didn't work at all I bought a brand new Galaxy S2 before going abroad! The purpose was to make movies for a period of almost two month in a foreign country with poor technical infrastructure (no chance to buy another hardware or having full internet access and time to fiddle around how to solve the issue). So I found myself in the middle of nowhere with brand new hardware (Phantom 4 and Galaxy Tab S2) for over € 2.100 which almost didn't work.

The trouble: I have to plug in the USB-cable into the Galaxy S2 or the remote control between 30 and 50 times in order to link each other (yes, you read it right - 30 to 40 times plugging in and out to become the "camera" button in the DJI Go App blue). So I started to ask locals if they could install DJI Go App on their own devices in order to find out if the smartphone/tablet is causing the mess or the remote control. So, it worked with an Sony Experia Z3 flawlessly ad hoc; same with an old venerable Google Nexus 7 tablet.

Nevertheless updating the Android OS, the Phantom 4 remote controls firmware and the firmware of the Phantom 4 itself - nothing has changed. The Galaxy Tab S2 is plain and simple incompatible with the DJI Phantom 4.

My advice: If you even though consider to buy the combo P4 with Galaxy S2 (SM-T719), you should obtain it from the same dealer. In case you face the same problems, you can face the dealer with the issue. Otherwise one (P4 dealer) will blame the other (S2 dealer) and vice versa.

Unlikely somebody else has faced the same issue, but if so and he even solved it: How?????????????????????????

Best regards,

M.
I have seen many posts about issues with the Tab S2. Maybe you can find a solution that works for you in one of these posts below. (Note that I have also seen posts from people who love their Tab S2)

Connection Problems with Samsung Tab S2

How do I get my Galaxy Tab S2 to connect?

Problem connecting samsung tab S2 to either one of × my P3P

Is anyone having connecting issues with a Galaxy Tab S2?

P3 Firmware - New Firmware and Galaxy Pad S2 Problem

Reactions: JoBe
@Kuau While I, too, am still waiting for B&H to ship my Z580CA, I should mention that I decided to return the Z580C I had purchased to Best Buy. This does NOT mean I am canceling the Z580CA order, as I am extremely interested in receiving it. It will still become the replacement for my Nexus 7 LTE (even though the ZenPad S 8.0 is a Wi-Fi only tablet), but as for a dedicated P3P tablet, I broke down, and did something I vowed I would never do - I purchased an Apple iPad Mini 2. I haven't had the opportunity to fly using it...yet...but I am interested in doing a multi-tablet comparison (similar to the Asus ZenPad S 8.0 Z580C vs Nexus 7 LTE comparison), this time comparing the iPad Mini 2 against the Nexus 7 LTE, Samsung Glalaxy Note 10.

@D4T_PoM If you read what I posted in my first paragraph, above, you will see that I'll not only be testing the Galaxy Note 10.1 (2014 Edition), but I'll do a comparison of it against the Galaxy S6, my just-purchased (and not-yet-flown-with) iPad Mini 2, and my soon-to-be-replaced (actually, I'm giving it to my girlfriend, as she's been interested in a tablet for reading) Nexus 7 LTE. I probably won't post as extensive a comparison as I did for the Nexus 7 LTE vs ZenPad S 8.0, but I will, at minimum, give general comparison information.

I have a Galaxy Note 10.1 (2014) that worked "perfectly" for 2 weeks. Then with much tech problems -- disconnected from RC, returned it. Since April of 2016 my P3P has been back to DJI 3X... and latest time, it still does not connect as it did originally, and immediately upon receiving it back from DJI. I have latest firmware. Latest DJI GO. It is debugged. Any suggestions?

Best regards,

M.
I bought an S2..worst ever...laggy and unreliable . I actually fly with IPad mini 2. No major issues. Occasional lost signal 2 miles out but has never failed me.

Sent from my SM-G930V using PhantomPilots mobile app

I bought an S2..worst ever...laggy and unreliable . I actually fly with IPad mini 2. No major issues. Occasional lost signal 2 miles out but has never failed me.

Sent from my SM-G930V using PhantomPilots mobile app
Never heard of an S2 being laggy. But several ops have problems connecting. I suspect it is Android V6 causing that problem.

For those of you using tablets, is it noticeably laggy compared to an iphone 6? I have no problems with lag when it comes to the iphone 6, but the acer iconia 8 has some latency issues, but it does work well for the price. It's going to work for pictures and videos, but I don't recommend it for fpv.

I have an iPhone 6 and an Nvidia Shield K1. Nvidia has no more lag than my iPhone 6, if not less.

Just ordered an hdmi module for a p3p. Just to make sure, can I plug in my android tablet via micro usb and display the hdmi out on the same tablet at the same time?

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers