T-Motor Anti-Gravity upgrade

I ordered the Anti-gravity motors but then canceled the order when a dealer in town had the T-motor 2216 motors in stock. I haven't installed them yet but I will report back when I do.

cbpagent72 said:
I ordered the Anti-gravity motors but then canceled the order when a dealer in town had the T-motor 2216 motors in stock. I haven't installed them yet but I will report back when I do.

Im using theses and do like them, they do come with a 5mm prop shaft so stock props wont work unless you use a 5-8mm spacer and I also filed down the squared edges inside the stock props. I only did this to try stock props but I am flying mostly 8045 carbon props. I first tried graupner clone 8x5 carbon props but these were no good am now using DJI shaped carbon props with good results.

Here is how they worked on one of my first test flights after the upgrade.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zv0MQWlHulk[/youtube]

Here is how my phantom looks with them on.

mxvi.jpg

I am not using the stock t-motor nuts but instead some m5 Nylock nuts bought from the hardware store.

I didn't use the bullet connectors just soldered them directly to the ESC's as the stock motors where installed.

What do you get for flight times with the 2216 motors?

With the setup as in the pic with fpv and hero3 black I get about 8 to 8 1/2 minutes, auto lands between then and 9 minutes with a 2200mah battery and carbon props.

I havent flown much without a camera so not sure about that and I didnt do any fov flying before the motor upgrade. I have lots of flights on hd with stock motors and just cam so I can compare flight times against my current setup but I was generally getting about 9 1/2 to 10 minutes with h3 no fpv so I will try some flights without fpv to see what I get compared to that.

We have 40 knot winds out at the moment so I wont be flying again til next week but I wilk run a full battery run with no camera, camera only and full fpv. I have comparison times in the first 2 configs so I shouod be able to show some real world comparisons. I find it fly's much smoother and you can see that in the footage as its pretty stable compared to my earlier flights.

I've got the T-Motor MN 2214-11 K920 motors coming, will the stock props fit or will I be required to do a mod? I really hope it's a direct fit for the props. Does anyone know?

Hello guys I am having an issue with my t-motor mn2214 on my vision... They do make a very high pitch sound and after five flights I noticed this noise in 3 out of 4 motors...

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ud7N5u...=/watch?v=ud7N5upyaN0&feature=em-upload_owner

That noise seems to be intermitent I cannot reproduce it now... Whats up? Is this normal? The phantom flies very well and motors are warm to the touch after 25 minutes of use... All se to be at the same temp...

Hope you guys can check your motors for the same issue... Thanks!

JC

James Cole said:
Hello guys I am having an issue with my t-motor mn2214 on my vision... They do make a very high pitch sound and after five flights I noticed this noise in 3 out of 4 motors...

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ud7N5u...=/watch?v=ud7N5upyaN0&feature=em-upload_owner

That noise seems to be intermitent I cannot reproduce it now... Whats up? Is this normal? The phantom flies very well and motors are warm to the touch after 25 minutes of use... All se to be at the same temp...

Hope you guys can check your motors for the same issue... Thanks!

JC

James,

You may find that the high pitched whine issue has already been dealt with in the earlier part of this thread ............

Regards

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl