I bought a set of 9450 props. They don't work.

Reaction score
I have a Phantom 1.1.1. Tried some self tightening carbon fiber 9450 props. When I fired the bird up I noticed not even a flutter from the grass under my Phantom...odd. Put the original props on and grass went flying as it took off and flew like normal. A side by side comparison of the original and 9450 props showed that the blades were angled opposite. I have upgraded Anti-Gravity T-motors on it but the directional arrows (cw) and (ccw) are correct for the propeller nuts and it flies well with the original props. I just ordered some 9443 P2 props and will see if their blade angles match those of the original props when they arrive. I am looking for a few more minutes of flight time. Can anybody give me any insight to my prop problem.
Thanks,
victorymike

I have a Phantom 1.1.1. Tried some self tightening carbon fiber 9450 props. When I fired the bird up I noticed not even a flutter from the grass under my Phantom...odd. Put the original props on and grass went flying as it took off and flew like normal. A side by side comparison of the original and 9450 props showed that the blades were angled opposite. I have upgraded Anti-Gravity T-motors on it but the directional arrows (cw) and (ccw) are correct for the propeller nuts and it flies well with the original props. I just ordered some 9443 P2 props and will see if their blade angles match those of the original props when they arrive. I am looking for a few more minutes of flight time. Can anybody give me any insight to my prop problem.
Thanks,
victorymike

The blade must be oriented high in the rotation sense: if the angle of your carbon fiber are reversed compared to the original, it means they are not suitable for your quad. I bought 9443 self locking props (plastic, not carbon fiber) and they work perfectly and give me 1min and 50 seconds of additional flight time.

The blade must be oriented high in the rotation sense: if the angle of your carbon fiber are reversed compared to the original, it means they are not suitable for your quad. I bought 9443 self locking props (plastic, not carbon fiber) and they work perfectly and give me 1min and 50 seconds of additional flight time.

Same here, Gianni. I bought DJI 9450s and got just over two minutes additional flight time with same all up weight. So far, I haven't heard anything good about aftermarket CFs on the P1. Hope you get something that works, ...soon.

The previous owner installed the aftermarket T-Motors in the wrong spots. When I took the motors off to re-wire them one of the arms disintegrated into 30+ pieces, one other arm was extremely cracked and there were several cracks in both of the remaining 2 arms. After re-wiring the motors my 9450 & 9443 set tightening props worked perfectly.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I used Plast-aid to reinforce the inside of the arms in my new shell and even added carbon fiber reinforcing plates under the arms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers