Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

I bought a set of 9450 props. They don't work.

Discussion in 'Phantom 1 Help' started by victorymike, Apr 2, 2016.

1. victorymike

I have a Phantom 1.1.1. Tried some self tightening carbon fiber 9450 props. When I fired the bird up I noticed not even a flutter from the grass under my Phantom...odd. Put the original props on and grass went flying as it took off and flew like normal. A side by side comparison of the original and 9450 props showed that the blades were angled opposite. I have upgraded Anti-Gravity T-motors on it but the directional arrows (cw) and (ccw) are correct for the propeller nuts and it flies well with the original props. I just ordered some 9443 P2 props and will see if their blade angles match those of the original props when they arrive. I am looking for a few more minutes of flight time. Can anybody give me any insight to my prop problem.
    Thanks,
    victorymike

2. NimpoCub

9450 props don't work in Michigan.
    Haft'a move to Minnesota. :)
    Sorry, OK I'm out'a here.

3. gianni_BT

The blade must be oriented high in the rotation sense: if the angle of your carbon fiber are reversed compared to the original, it means they are not suitable for your quad. I bought 9443 self locking props (plastic, not carbon fiber) and they work perfectly and give me 1min and 50 seconds of additional flight time.

4. rebelyellNC

Same here, Gianni. I bought DJI 9450s and got just over two minutes additional flight time with same all up weight. So far, I haven't heard anything good about aftermarket CFs on the P1. Hope you get something that works, ...soon.

5. victorymike

The previous owner installed the aftermarket T-Motors in the wrong spots. When I took the motors off to re-wire them one of the arms disintegrated into 30+ pieces, one other arm was extremely cracked and there were several cracks in both of the remaining 2 arms. After re-wiring the motors my 9450 & 9443 set tightening props worked perfectly.

I used Plast-aid to reinforce the inside of the arms in my new shell and even added carbon fiber reinforcing plates under the arms.