Bought used P2 - T-motor stutter on front left and right

Reaction score
My father and I just bought a DJI Phantom 2 (non vision) with a whole bunch of addons. After a forward fall during landing with the front props hitting the ground, we noticed the front left prop was having trouble with stuttering. After awhile, it would disappear and we could fly as normal. Today, I decided to fly a bit and the front left and right started stuttering again. If you hand spin it while power is on, it will catch and spin normally though there is some whining or grinding noises coming from both motors. The front left feels a little tougher to handspin with power off and the front right feels relatively normal. As far as I know, this has never had any prop guards on it. I believe our problems are crash related but I am totally new to this. The Motors are T-Motor Anti-gravity MN2214. I assume that this is a motor issue and not an ESC one, correct? What are my options?

If the motors are hard to spin or make a grinding noise then you need to replace them. Make sure you purchase the same model of T-Motor.
Soldering is required, make sure you have the same motor rotation.

Oh, and learn to hand catch... much easier and safe to do. Youtube how to do it.. :)

upload_2015-8-17_23-4-54.png

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl