STROBON Cree® LED Strobe Lights

Sorry for the delay guys, the P4 mount is done. Easy on and off too, like the Mavic version.

Right?? I always want to keep as low a profile as I can to keep enthusiastic rednecks from shooting at my bird, but man, I love them too - makes me want to fly with them all the time!

Which reminds me, I've never flown with them in daylight - has anybody? Does it help with visibility?

Reactions: captainmilehigh
Right?? I always want to keep as low a profile as I can to keep enthusiastic rednecks from shooting at my bird, but man, I love them too - makes me want to fly with them all the time!

Which reminds me, I've never flown with them in daylight - has anybody? Does it help with visibility?

Was wondering also about daylight visibility too. May help "stretch" the VLOS distances a bit.......[emoji12]

Reactions: theTastyCat
Was wondering also about daylight visibility too. May help "stretch" the VLOS distances a bit.......[emoji12]
I received three units from msinger yesterday and flew in an afternoon sky with a lot of clouds. Definitely an improvement, easily picked out at 500 mtrs, although the white one that I placed on the top of the quad is a waste of time for my type of flying. I'll move it to another more conspicuous spot at the rear of the quad and check again this afternoon.
Night flying was an ET experience with the drone visible to at least a Klm before it disappeared over the back of the forest where I fly.

I primarily wanted them for day flying, don't really fly after dusk much...I have just one light at the moment, mounted on the back, rear-facing. The strobe is pretty easy to spot out a couple thousand feet in bright sun, and makes locating the AC after looking at video feed much easier imo, which is exactly what I was hoping for![emoji6]

I primarily wanted them for day flying, don't really fly after dusk much...I have just one light at the moment, mounted on the back, rear-facing. The strobe is pretty easy to spot out a couple thousand feet in bright sun, and makes locating the AC after looking at video feed much easier imo, which is exactly what I was hoping for![emoji6]

That's what I'm looking for as well. What color are you using. Can anyone who has multiple colors confirm which would be best for daytime use?

WHITE : The best visibility and efficienty.
RED : 2th in the visibility, efficiency is same as white but the best for warning.
GREEN : 3th in the visibility and efficiency. Best for Standard RED/GREEN (Left/Right) navigation usage.
BLUE : 4th in visibility and also efficiency. . Bottom line: White and Red is the best option if you need long range visible strobes. And you can use the green to identify your flying platform direction. Blue is only for special applications.
Ricky

RED : 2th in the visibility, efficiency is same as white but the best for warning.
GREEN : 3th in the visibility and efficiency. Best for Standard RED/GREEN (Left/Right) navigation usage.
BLUE : 4th in visibility and also efficiency. . Bottom line: White and Red is the best option if you need long range visible strobes. And you can use the green to identify your flying platform direction. Blue is only for special applications.
Ricky

Glad I asked. Would not have thought white against a daytime sky and possibly white clouds. Was leaning towards red. Thanks for the input.

Ricky
white and red ordered. thanks

By mounting these lights on the bottom of the drone, does that affect the photo or video in any way,shape,or form that you know of ?

Does anyone have nighttime video or pictures with these strobes on their drone ?

I have a Mavic, no apologies, and hot glued mine onto extended legs. Red and Green on the front legs facing forwards, White on the rear leg bracket facing backwards. I shot video at dusk and could not tell they were on until it landed, then it reflected off the driveway. Sure could see where the Mavic was though!

I have not flown in sunlight yet so cannot comment on visibility in bright sunlight but I expect it to be quite less than dusk.

I have a Mavic, no apologies, and hot glued mine onto extended legs. Red and Green on the front legs facing forwards, White on the rear leg bracket facing backwards. I shot video at dusk and could not tell they were on until it landed, then it reflected off the driveway. Sure could see where the Mavic was though!

I have not flown in sunlight yet so cannot comment on visibility in bright sunlight but I expect it to be quite less than dusk.
Thanks for the insight on the lights affecting the video or camera images while flying at night. Didn't think anyone had an answer, as it took only 65 posts to get your reply, lol. Will definitely be ordering these for my bird now!

Just ordered a white one and spent some time scanning through this thread to get an idea for where it's going to go on my P3s/P4/MP... for me this was a proof of concept purchase.

Most here are focusing on the VLOS, and that's a good thing. However, I want to draw the attention of manned aircraft, so will probably mount this on the top of one of my drones. I can see a lot more purchases of multiple colors in the near future. Thanks msinger for listing these.

I just designed another mount for the Phantom. Easy on and off design, 3D printed with Flexible filament for a soft slightly rubbery feel. Can be oriented in any direction.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT