Reaction score
Note: this ONLY applies to the downlink video and NOT the video recorded on the onboard Card

Having experienced horrible lag, complete loss of image and green screen with a P4P+ I returned it (Amazon returns are totally, absolutely 100% trouble free by the way) and got the non-plus P4P

It was a little better but still NOT acceptable. I read through dozens of threads, tried different cards, changed locations, re-installed firmware, IMU calibration, messed with the 2.4 and 5.8 options, etc etc etc etc

Then I happened upon a post last night which had the SIMPLEST suggestion, if you trouble shoot this lag/downlink issue, before you start wracking your brain and wasting time on many tactics, PLEASE START WITH THIS:

** REPLACE THE LIGHTING CABLE ** the one from iPhone/iPad to R/C. It fixed all problems, I can even shoot FULL 4K and go thousands of feet away and NO BREAKUP and NO LAG

Problem with this Lighting plug is, all connections are on the outside and totally unprotected. A brief exposure to soda, sweat, salt water, sugar, sand, pollen, pepper, ketchup, mustard, relish, crumbs, boogers, hair, dust, even water and you WILL experience problems. Not to mention some of the Lighting cables not recommended by DJI are poorly manufactured. Don't buy knock-offs of this cable! It is NOT worth the few dollars you will save. Stick with brands such as Apple and Anker and perhaps a few others)

I hope this helps some of you. I don't know about any similar Android issues, this is strictly an Apple issue.

Good luck, safe flying, and ALWAYS carry a copy of both FAA regs and your state laws for drone operations. These laws protect you as well, I have avoided being arrested for trespassing by providing unequivocal proof of what my rights as a drone operator by carrying a copy of Louisiana's Drone Restrictions. It is black and white and is very brief but specific. And if you are harassed while flying, kindly inform the individual that the FAA considers the drone an aircraft, and interfering or distracting the pilot (that's you) while your drone is airborne is a federal crime. I was told this and believe it to be true. Happy flying and protect that dang Lighting plug!

PS - FAA requires strobes visible for 3 miles 30 minutes prior to sunrise and 30 minutes after sunset. Thie strobes I found are way cool, usb charged, TINY and SUPER bright and just little velcro on front of Phantom - I also added a red strobe I velcro on the battery below the LED bars, so when the drone is facing me, thousands of feet away, I see white strobe, when drone is facing away from me, I see red strobe. BRILLIANT addition and well worth the $25 see link below

Flytron STROBON Cree® Standalone Strobe Light - White

Reactions: flyboy73

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31