STROBON Cree® LED Strobe Lights

I was thinking something similar to this:
s-l1600.jpg

or this:
s-l500.jpg
I would not put them near the compass. Just in case.

How long do they work on answer single charge?
Have you shot any nighttime video or stills with them on?
That would be the main issue I think- messing up your exposures.
Probably can gobo them from hitting the lens- but they still may affect exposure during a dusk or night shot.

I think I'd rather Velcro them on Top of the bird entirely to avoid screwing up the photos.
Mount one facing forward and one back.
Just a thought.

I have left mine on sitting on the table overnight for eight hours and they were still flashing.

I would also think these would help find a lost drone.
Yes, as long as they are facing the right direction.
I had a strobe and a loud beeper on my Pixhawk quad. It was on a timer, so after X amount of time it would go off. It would help finding it in a field or at night. Or it could be triggered by a switch on the remote.

I tried mine out at dusk tonight, let me say 2 things -

1.) It looks awesome
2.) It works fantastically

Does the strobe itself satisfy the FAA VLOS requirement?

I see more twilight flying in my future.

Not
I tried mine out at dusk tonight, let me say 2 things -

1.) It looks awesome
2.) It works fantastically

Does the strobe itself satisfy the FAA VLOS requirement?

I see more twilight flying in my future.
Not sure about the FAA as we have CASA to deal with over here, but we have to maintain VLOS unaided and the strobes that I ordered through msinger are going to help me greatly against the seasonal cloudy skies during the daytime. Night flying looks to be a no brainer.
I hope.
I'll take your positive experience as guidance.

the strobes that I ordered through msinger are going to help me greatly against the seasonal cloudy skies during the daytime.

There was still a fair amount of light when I started, it was definitely helpful against clouds (I have the white color). As it got darker, it was indispensable.

There was still a fair amount of light when I started, it was definitely helpful against clouds (I have the white color). As it got darker, it was indispensable.
I too have a white unit, and for the last week has been almost impossible to locate against the clouds at anything past 250 mtrs. No problem using the radar to orientate myself again, but the regs state that it must be VLOS and for once I'm trying to be responsible......

msinger, I already have a pair of the standalones for each of my drones, but they're the pre-CREE ones. The specs on the flytron site lists visibility for both to be 3 miles.

Can you say that there is a significant enough difference in brightness to justify upgrading to the CREE? I am mostly interested in if they would be a noticeable advantage for daylight use.

Chris

Received mine yesterday, I must say I'm totally impressed! I will be ordering more! Thanks @msinger

Can you tell me where you found these mounts?
On eBay, but the seller is in Germany. I'm coming up with my own I'll be posting them on eBay Soon. My Mavic version is done, I'll be starting on the P4 version soon.
149edf04f8272dfde6d6d83477c6dbae.jpg
b0140d98f0987e7d949e9f3f01eb655d.jpg
05244e51e839e1d9862f207b0cc34bac.jpg
46f2e0a0e64fe8bea3985dae1cbe5e25.jpg

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20