Stock P2V 2.7 KM (8,850') Long Range Test

Re: Stock P2V 2.27 KM (7,500') & 1.7 KM (5,600') Range Test

Mori55 said:
PVFlyer said:
Mori55 said:
Could you post some pics of your antennas mounted . Will be able to use these with a gimbal ? I'm new at this and hoping for something small. I don't want to use a tripod and all that stuff. I'm not planning on flying miles away just better than original.

If you are expecting 1 KM FPV range, you probably do not need to mod the aircraft/camera. You may then use any P2V compatible gimbal. For 1 KM range, my best bet is to mount a 2.4G LHCP helical (~4 turns, 9 dBi) to your transmitter handle together with a common known pigtail mod on the repeater.
Any links on how to do this ? And what I'll need ?

Check these out for LHCP helical.
http://horizonfpvantennas.mybigcommerce ... y-version/
http://www.fpvlr.com/store/
http://www.fpvlr.com/store/immagini_articoli/pic/17.jpg

Check this out for repeater pigtail mod.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aEHzDi4hHKU

Mori55 said:
Pcdeveloper2014 said:
AMKings said:
Evening,

I saw this link today and thought of you guys. Don't know much more about it than what it says on the site. Maybe you will know more!?

http://horizonfpvantennas.mybigcommerce ... qY.twitter

Regards,

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi there , its the latest kit for the P2V ( 4 antennas and all the cables. From the UK.
Could you post some pics of your antennas mounted . Will be able to use these with a gimbal ? I'm new at this and hoping for something small. I don't want to use a tripod and all that stuff. I'm not planning on flying miles away just better than original.

Hi there , is that a P2V you mentioned with the Gimbal ?, on the RC control station the antenna all fix to the kit, RC transmitter and the extender. these are specially designed for the Phantom and are really light, some with the UAv itself we have concentrated on good antennas but very light also.

PVFlyer said:
Mori55 said:

If you are expecting 1 KM FPV range, you probably do not need to mod the aircraft/camera. You may then use any P2V compatible gimbal. For 1 KM range, my best bet is to mount a 2.4G LHCP helical (~4 turns, 9 dBi) to your transmitter handle together with a common known pigtail mod on the repeater.

In your case just purchase 2.4 GHz micro antenna ( really light ) fixes to the extender face. for best results also fit the Silver or gold Sp on the UAv for true LHCP.

P2V extreme available pre orders

Hi guys see the link .

for specs and what it is
http://horizonfpvantennas.mybigcommerce ... n-extreme/

(this is 5 antennas) images very shortly. Basically its double the gain !!
shipping for pre orders planned in around a week.

for those that have ordered the super kit , they can bump up to the extreme kit and just pay the difference
just contact us and we will change the order to the extreme, Those who have ordered so far ( first 10 persons)
well have a gold upgrade on the P2V antennas free, that's 1 x 5.8 GHz SP gold elements and 1 x 2.4 GHz antenna gold elements.

if anyone would like the antennas in white ( to match the ground kit ) please message us at the store .

Posting this on the forum for the benefit of other who may have the same question.

I've ordered the full set and understand I can upgrade to the "extreme" by paying the difference. I'm not sure I understand the difference in packages. The full set appears to have 9 dbi antennas for repeater and RC and the extreme has 12 dbi.

Are there any other differences?

Also because I can't locate product photos, what is the difference in size between the 9 dbi and 12 dbi antennas?

How can one get on the list for a free gold upgrade? Doh! :eek:

I can't wait to some pics of these install and will you install videos of these. ?
Thanks for quick response , sorry for all the questions , little new at this.

Pcdeveloper2014 said:
Hi Pc Developer

I would be a candidate for the complete kit.
I am a little confused by the reverse tracking concept.
Will you be able in the future to shop pics of the complete mod, to both the transmitter and the Vision?

Thanks for all the development!!

Hi there , where are you located ?.

Hi again Pcdeveloper
I am in Dubai. I also am not trying to test the max for range. I wish to have stable control and vision to about 1km. I already have the 5.8ghz cloverleaf's and matching helical from ibcrazy. Next I would like to try a LHCPL from the transmitter 9 which he does not make). If this does not work, I also have the 2.4ghz cloverleafs for the craft, and would then get the RHCPL helical.. if necessary, So.. I would like to order your best suggestion for the LHCPL.. what would you recommend. I have a paypal acc and either post direct, or I can use a UK address

mem_ny said:
Posting this on the forum for the benefit of other who may have the same question.

I've ordered the full set and understand I can upgrade to the "extreme" by paying the difference. I'm not sure I understand the difference in packages. The full set appears to have 9 dbi antennas for repeater and RC and the extreme has 12 dbi.

Also because I can't locate product photos, what is the difference in size between the 9 dbi and 12 dbi antennas?

Hi ther are orders i foe the super set and only recently like two days ago we will make available the extreme set. those who purchased the super set and are waiting for shipment may if they like upgrade to the extreme version.
the difference is at the ground with the pilot, double the gain , from 9 dB to 12 db , if you look at the spec on the store it is
there to show what the kit is , as for images they will be up shortly , if you look at the 12 db heavy duty on the store they are the same spec but lighter and slightly cheaper, As we said before the first 10 order get all GOLD element on the TX and RX side FREE.
So the best way to do it is cancel down the original order and order the extreme kit then we credit you payment to the Extreme kit and another 5 % as a returning customer so you can't loose.
just put a message on the store with the request and we will deal with it for you.

Mori55 said:
I can't wait to some pics of these install and will you install videos of these. ?
Thanks for quick response , sorry for all the questions , little new at this.

We have our own P2V coming in and will do a full video for you guys, it will be on the FPVtest channel on Utube and Vimeo.

mem_ny said:

Also because I can't locate product photos, what is the difference in size between the 9 dbi and 12 dB so slightly antennas?

The extreme has Five antennas, two on the Uav and three with the pilot, one on the RC transmitter and 2 on the extender.

all GOLD elements all patch cables , the antennas are DOUBLE the length of the super set going from 9 dB ( 9.39 dB) to 12 DB ( 12 .21 dB ) . the antennas are there to see on the store , its just the actual lighter version does nor have the heavy clamp .

duneview said:
Pcdeveloper2014 said:
Hi Pc Developer

I would be a candidate for the complete kit.
I am a little confused by the reverse tracking concept.
Will you be able in the future to shop pics of the complete mod, to both the transmitter and the Vision?

Thanks for all the development!!

Hi there , where are you located ?.

Hi again Pcdeveloper
I am in Dubai. I also am not trying to test the max for range. I wish to have stable control and vision to about 1km. I already have the 5.8ghz cloverleaf's and matching helical from ibcrazy. Next I would like to try a LHCPL from the transmitter 9 which he does not make). If this does not work, I also have the 2.4ghz cloverleafs for the craft, and would then get the RHCPL helical.. if necessary, So.. I would like to order your best suggestion for the LHCPL.. what would you recommend. I have a paypal acc and either post direct, or I can use a UK address

Hello there , well these are shippin all over the world so your location is not a problem You are best to use Matched sets
the super set does this and the resent extreme kit , in your case with 1 kM, just put a BH on the RC control and a BH+ on the extender, change the antennas to gold SP antennas and LHCP. That will sort you out.

mem_ny said:

So if you do the math the extreme kit is £80 difference and another 5 % !!! simple right!!

lol, dude, I'm not questioning the difference in price. That's obvious. I'm asking about the difference and size regarding antennas.

mem_ny said:
lol, dude, I'm not questioning the difference in price. That's obvious. I'm asking about the difference and size regarding antennas.

I think some pictures from the maker with detailed specification would be essential and very much helpful to let prospects/customers understand what they are paying for. I'm a bit surprised of not seeing that from the maker's web so far.

Even my home made helical, I have the following spec. stated in earlier post of the thread though I don't have any tester to measure.

Helical Specification
Frequency: 2.4GHz
Polarization: LHCP
Turn: 5.5
Beamwidth: ~55 degrees
Gain: ~10 dBi
VSWR: Unknown, will measure it once I get SWR meter

It mentions "super light" on the web. How many grams do they weight "super light"? Former size and reflector size of helical are also useful information.

many thanks Pcdeveloper

Thats great thanks. can you possibly quote me on the set including postage to Dubai?.
Would you perhaps have images for these items?

Cheers

well my antennas arrived today.

1.- look and feel very excelent quality.
2.- it consisting of the Blackhawk lightweight ( 12 dB) and the new skew planar ( CP ) for 2.4 GHz, both LHCP
3.- i have not taste then but i will in the afternoon and i let you now the range.
4.- im not sure where tu put the CP, on the pv2, to do not loose signal but taste and error i think.
5.- i just plug the cp on one of the camara antennas the other its stock.

mem_ny said:

there will be images shortly but you can see the sizes at the store if you look at the 2.4 GHz at the store ,long and short versions, the difference is the weight for the P2V they are the same size and performance but much lighter.

look here
http://horizonfpvantennas.mybigcommerce.com/2-4-ghz/
and here
http://horizonfpvantennas.mybigcommerce ... ched-sets/

PVFlyer said:
mem_ny said:

I think some pictures from the maker with detailed specification would be essential and very much helpful to let prospects/customers understand what they are paying for. I'm a bit surprised of not seeing that from the maker's web so far.

Even my home made helical, I have the following spec. stated in earlier post of the thread though I don't have any tester to measure.

Helical Specification
Frequency: 2.4GHz
Polarization: LHCP
Turn: 5.5
Beamwidth: ~55 degrees
Gain: ~10 dBi
VSWR: Unknown, will measure it once I get SWR meter

It mentions "super light" on the web. How many grams do they weight "super light"? Former size and reflector size of helical are also useful information.

You have to remember these are existing now and have always been on the store , the difference in weight is 1oo grams lighter between the heavy duty and the light version as the pilot does not want to much weight , they are however very very sturdy,
So base on the existing one ist 100grams lighter but looks the same , performs the same.

oukenfold said:
well my antennas arrived today.

1.- look and feel very excelent quality.
2.- it consisting of the Blackhawk lightweight ( 12 dB) and the new skew planar ( CP ) for 2.4 GHz, both LHCP
3.- i have not taste then but i will in the afternoon and i let you now the range.
4.- im not sure where tu put the CP, on the pv2, to do not loose signal but taste and error i think.
5.- i just plug the cp on one of the camara antennas the other its stock.

Hey got you r first antennas then , From the UK to Mexico ! ) these are the heavy duty and 12 dBi , you will see the difference on the lighter set when we send you the latest sets.
the CP antenna should be mounted upside down as near the the ground without touching when landed.
the 5.8 GHz RC link is a very light antenna its just 1 ounce.!!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
irish_phantom