Stock P2V 2.7 KM (8,850') Long Range Test

Many thanks for that

I think Ill try mount the antenna hanging below the camera.. I have a plan to make it slide up on landing..

Re: Stock P2V 2.27 KM (7,500') & 1.7 KM (5,600') Range Test

duneview said:
Hi.
I like the neat fitment on the phantom. I also noticed in the images that the 2.4ghz antenna is partially obstructed by the phantom camera. Will this still get good connection in all 360 degree flight positions?

With the bracket we could just lower it until the antenna is nearly touching the ground at the lowest point.
This is just a simple method of mounting them side by side. Simple and cheap.

We could even put two on the one each side , fixed out on arms.

Will do.. My Dronexpert gimbal broke, so waiting for it be returned after repairs before fitting the antennas

That's what concerns me about 3D printed items , everything I ever bought that was printed was brittle.

In doing a bit of poking around it appears the Amped SR10000 has a wireless sensitivity of -94dbm. I think I read that the ARGtek/Decooler was around -73dbm. So would the SR1000 then be the better option compared to the ARG-1211?

Going to give this TP-Link TL-WA801ND a try first. Figured it is hard to go wrong for the price with free shipping, and with a couple of better antennas I have laying around this could be a economical solution for an extra repeater. Still curious as to which is better, the SR10000 or the ARG-1211.

http://www.staples.com/TP-LINK-TL-WA801 ... sc_content

HaM-73 said:
In doing a bit of poking around it appears the Amped SR10000 has a wireless sensitivity of -94dbm. I think I read that the ARGtek/Decooler was around -73dbm. So would the SR1000 then be the better option compared to the ARG-1211?

Going to give this TP-Link TL-WA801ND a try first. Figured it is hard to go wrong for the price with free shipping, and with a couple of better antennas I have laying around this could be a economical solution for an extra repeater. Still curious as to which is better, the SR10000 or the ARG-1211.

If you want to compare the wireless sensitivity, you may pay more attention on what are makers claiming and what do you (your P2V) need. For P2V Wifi, it's likely using 802.11N. The highest sensitivity of 802.11N is MCS0 (probably what you need), while MCS15 is the lowest. Consumer grade Wifi devices usually don't have a very detailed spec. to avoid confusion.

SR10000:
Wireless Sensitivity: -94 dBm

ARGtek-1211:
Receiver sensitivity
• 11n (300 Mbps) MCS0-15: -73 dBm
• 11g (54 Mbps) OFDM: -73 dBm
• 11b (11 Mbps) CCK: -95 dBm

TP-LINK TL-WA801ND
Reception Sensitivity
270M: -68dBm@10% PER
130M: -68dBm@10% PER
108M: -68dBm@10% PER
54M: -68dBm@10% PER
11M: -85dBm@8% PER
6M: -88dBm@10% PER
1M: -90dBm@8% PER

PVFlyer said:
HaM-73 said:

If you want to compare the wireless sensitivity, you may pay more attention on what are makers claiming and what do you (your P2V) need. For P2V Wifi, it's likely using 802.11N. The highest sensitivity of 802.11N is MCS0 (probably what you need), while MCS15 is the lowest. Consumer grade Wifi devices usually don't have a very detailed spec. to avoid confusion.

SR10000:
Wireless Sensitivity: -94 dBm

ARGtek-1211:
Receiver sensitivity
• 11n (300 Mbps) MCS0-15: -73 dBm
• 11g (54 Mbps) OFDM: -73 dBm
• 11b (11 Mbps) CCK: -95 dBm

TP-LINK TL-WA801ND
Reception Sensitivity
270M: -68dBm@10% PER
130M: -68dBm@10% PER
108M: -68dBm@10% PER
54M: -68dBm@10% PER
11M: -85dBm@8% PER
6M: -88dBm@10% PER
1M: -90dBm@8% PER

So are you saying that from the specs given there is no way to determine which is best for the P2V ?

HaM-73 said:
So are you saying that from the specs given there is no way to determine which is best for the P2V ?

It depends on how do you determine what's the "best". I bet SR10000 and ARGtek performing similar range. TP-LINK seems worse than the other two players from the spec. I don't really care about 600mW (SR10000) or 1,500mW (ARGtek) output power, while both output power are way strong enough.

I believe SR10000 is easier for setup and changing configuration. The issue I found in ARGtek repeater mode is when you did repeater configuration and reboot, you can no longer access the panel unless pressing reset button to start over all steps again from scratch. I probably missed a back door to access ARGtek in repeater mode.

I often change various AP/repeater configurations in the field with cell phone/tablet browser, so stock ARGtek firmware is not my choice for P2V. You can brush DD-WRT firmware to ARGtek though, but that's another world.

PVFlyer said:
HaM-73 said:

It depends on how do you determine what's the "best". I bet SR10000 and ARGtek performing similar range. TP-LINK seems worse than the other two players from the spec. I don't really care about 600mW (SR10000) or 1,500mW (ARGtek) output power, while both output power are way strong enough.

I believe SR10000 is easier for setup and changing configuration. The issue I found in ARGtek repeater mode is when you did repeater configuration and reboot, you can no longer access the panel unless pressing reset button to start over all steps again from scratch. I probably missed a back door to access ARGtek in repeater mode.

I often change various AP/repeater configurations in the field with cell phone/tablet browser, so stock ARGtek firmware is not my choice for P2V. You can brush DD-WRT firmware to ARGtek though, but that's another world.

Thank you so much for all your time an professional input. I was kind of of leaning toward the SR10000 but thought on the spur of the moment I would give this TP-Link a try. It may have potential simply because of the detachable antennas, and the antenna may be the big key anyhow. I will certainly report back with my results. I will also be keeping an eye out for a good deal on a SR10000 :)

PVFlyer said:
HaM-73 said:

No necessary reset ! But not important. Use Argtek AP I was the original inventor.
See my post http://bbs.5imx.com/bbs/forum.php?mod=v ... 697&extra=

LMC said:
No necessary reset ! But not important. Use Argtek AP I was the original inventor.

Thanks for the insight. I don't use ARGtek and am unfamiliar with it. As I recalled a few months ago, I helped a friend of mine setting up ARGtek repeater. It was a bit troublesome. I suspected that is a fake ARGtek from China since the panel UI is all in Simplified Chinese (no English).

PVFlyer said:
LMC said:

Thanks for the insight. I don't use ARGtek and am unfamiliar with it. As I recalled a few months ago, I helped a friend of mine setting up ARGtek repeater. It was a bit troublesome. I suspected that is a fake ARGtek from China since the panel UI is all in Simplified Chinese (no English).
Ha! I'm Taiwanese live in Taipei . So I always use Traditional Chinese.

Nexus 7 Clamp

I bought a clamp for my Nexus 7 recently. It's a perfect fit widget for P2V transmitter and Nexus 7. The maximum clamping width is 12cm. It's very neat, I like it. It's not wide enough for iPad Mini though.

I can fly with a much bigger 7" screen from now on. It would be much easier to tilt the camera comparing to the 4" iPhone 5s.

Attachments

• TX_Clamp.JPG
    TX_Clamp.JPG
    33.8 KB · Views: 1,923
  • TX_Nexus7-1.JPG
    TX_Nexus7-1.JPG
    100.3 KB · Views: 1,926
  • TX_Nexus7-2.JPG
    TX_Nexus7-2.JPG
    83 KB · Views: 1,871
Re: Nexus 7 Clamp

PVFlyer said:
I bought a clamp for my Nexus 7 recently. It's a perfect fit widget for P2V transmitter and Nexus 7. The maximum clamping width is 12cm. It's very neat, I like it. It's not wide enough for iPad Mini though.

I can fly with a much bigger 7" screen from now on. It would be much easier to tilt the camera comparing to the 4" iPhone 5s.
Any chance you could post a link to where you got that clamp please ?

Re: Nexus 7 Clamp

pault said:
PVFlyer said:

Any chance you could post a link to where you got that clamp please ?

Yes, link please :) Looks awesome !!

Got the TP-Link TL-WA801ND in today and set it up. All worked fine as a stand alone repeater, but I was disappointed in my test results. More testing to do with something other than the stock antennas, but I am not very optimistic. I was losing video at less than 1000 feet. Good thing is It only set me back $23.

HaM-73 said:
Got the TP-Link TL-WA801ND in today and set it up. All worked fine as a stand alone repeater, but I was disappointed in my test results. More testing to do with something other than the stock antennas, but I am not very optimistic. I was losing video at less than 1000 feet. Good thing is It only set me back $23.

If you fly with stock 4 dBi antennas of TP-Link TL-WA801ND, it ends up with only 1 dBi gain (-3 dBi loss) due to mismatching with LHCP antennas on Vision camera. I bet the FPV range could be the same or even worse than stock repeater.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
src72