Stock P2V 2.7 KM (8,850') Long Range Test

Re: Stock P2V 2.27 KM (7,500') & 1.7 KM (5,600') Range Test

Pcdeveloper2014 said:
oukenfold said:
well my antennas arrived today.

1.- look and feel very excelent quality.
2.- it consisting of the Blackhawk lightweight ( 12 dB) and the new skew planar ( CP ) for 2.4 GHz, both LHCP
3.- i have not taste then but i will in the afternoon and i let you now the range.
4.- im not sure where tu put the CP, on the pv2, to do not loose signal but taste and error i think.
5.- i just plug the cp on one of the camara antennas the other its stock.

Hey got your first antennas then ,( From the UK to Mexico ! ) You just missed the new sets as they had already shipped, these are the heavy duty and 12 dBi , you will see the difference on the lighter set when we send you the latest sets.
the CP antenna should be mounted upside down as near the the ground without touching when landed.
the new 5.8 GHz RC link is a very light antenna its just 1 ounce.!! you can play with it when we send the new set to you.
About a week...

the top left image show the SP antenna positioned correctly
you can see this antenna working 11kM JUST 65 Mw !

HERE http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zcbAVAgjkaY

duneview said:
many thanks Pcdeveloper

Thats great thanks. can you possibly quote me on the set including postage to Dubai?.
Would you perhaps have images for these items?

Cheers
Hi there if you PM your details i will see what the shipping is to your country , there should be no problem

pault said:
@oukenfold - please would you say what that bracket to mount a tablet/phone that is connected to the rail/handle is and where you got it ?

Many thanks

the antenna you see is the heavy duty version ,

the Blackhawk Micro just fixes to the face of the Extender , no bracket required as its so light and can be fixed with just Velcro. when using the extreme kit the antennas it fixes to the same place side by side with the mounting plate in a similar fashion. images shortly

Really would like to see some pics with the light small stuff.
I Really dont want a lot of big klunky stuff hanging of my radio

Mori55 said:
Really would like to see some pics with the light small stuff.
I Really dont want a lot of big klunky stuff hanging of my radio

It won't be clunky and heavy to what iv'e seen you guys bolting on there ... for sure , you can have all white kit if you want also/ there is no extra cost for white !!

Total weight is 1 once for the blackhawk Micro 5.8 GHz and 3.5 ounces for the 2.4 GHz Blackhawk micro both 9 dB.

the original heavy duty 2.4 GHz Blackhawk is 8.8 ounces , so the total weight added at the pilot end will; be around 4.5 ounces .

getting phantom kit's with free shiping

Hey guys here is a hint for you in the USA , due to shipping costs , it can be avoided when two of you get together and combine both order in one, this will trigger free shipping threshold and save you guys ( and Gal's) some $$$'s, it all helps.

An update on the kits is we are ahead of the launch date slightly , and will start shipping shortly , those of you who got in
there FIRST
will be rewarded with a free GOLD upgrade antenna set for the P2V. ....... happy days !!!

oukenfold said:

2.- it consisting of the Blackhawk lightweight ( 12 dB) and the new skew planar ( CP ) for 2.4 GHz, both LHCP
3.- i have not taste then but i will in the afternoon and i let you now the range.
4.- im not sure where tu put the CP, on the pv2, to do not loose signal but taste and error i think.

Have you had a chance to test the range? Please keep us posted of your result.

PVFlyer said:
oukenfold said:

Hi there the antennas set he was sent did 11km when we tested here in the UK , you can see it do it on the video test., He would also Really need around 14 dB on 5.8 GHz to balance up the range ! ( The extreme kit would be good here )
i doubt if the P2V can ever fly that far !!!!, so the limit is going to be the 5.8 GHz Link and the batteries !!

here is a copy of a posted review back last year of the set he has now. Same as the Micro Released recently just heavy duty the gains are the same.

Quote :and Posted on the store on 23rd Nov 2013

Did just mount the antenna up in a simple configuration, and started to test RF nois. Could not find any of that, so I went up for a test fly. Surly I was a picture clear image on my DVR and inside the Oled Cinemeizer. These antenna are light and robust, and they deliver all the way. Strong and clean signal all the way, you can see that the hands that made it knows how it should be. extremely happy.

This was from a Professional guy who fly's UAV's and builds top end UAV's with the Police and military in Norway.

Pcdeveloper2014 said:
PVFlyer said:
oukenfold said:

Hi there the antennas set he was sent did 11km when we tested here in the UK , you can see it do it on the video test., He would also Really need around 14 dB on 5.8 GHz to balance up the range ! ( The extreme kit would be good here )
i doubt if the P2V can ever fly that far !!!!, so the limit is going to be the 5.8 GHz Link and the batteries !!

here is a copy of a posted review back last year of the set he has now. Same as the Micro Released recently just heavy duty the gains are the same.

Quote :and Posted on the store on 23rd Nov 2013

Did just mount the antenna up in a simple configuration, and started to test RF nois. Could not find any of that, so I went up for a test fly. Surly I was a picture clear image on my DVR and inside the Oled Cinemeizer. These antenna are light and robust, and they deliver all the way. Strong and clean signal all the way, you can see that the hands that made it knows how it should be. extremely happy.

This was from a Professional guy who fly's UAV's and builds top end UAV's with the Police and military in Norway.

Well, "the antenna set" ALONE is only part of the game. It does NOT mean the FPV range you can get by flying P2V, regardless who did whatever range with other aircraft. Unlike conventional FPV gears, P2V camera/repeater is using Wifi (digital) network, which is very different than conventional analog gears except RF/antenna part.

The only way to know the TRUE range of FPV is by flying P2V per particular setup. Obviously, the 5.8G control link may also need to enhance accordingly, if it flies out of 5.8G range.

[quote

Well, "the antenna set" ALONE is only part of the game. It does NOT mean the FPV range you can get by flying P2V, regardless who did whatever range with other aircraft. Unlike conventional FPV gears, P2V camera/repeater is using Wifi (digital) network, which is very different than conventional analog gears except RF/antenna part.

The only way to know the TRUE range of FPV is by flying P2V per particular setup. Obviously, the 5.8G control link may also need to enhance accordingly, if it flies out of 5.8G range.[/quote]

Well when they start fitting the antennas sets and connection them up correctly we will sees guys setting some flying records with P2V, guys can push the limits now some more. with just the antennas no NO RF amplifier or boosters. The limitation is the RF power generated by the P2V ( and the battery power ) and the RF levels and sensitivity of the receivers. the antenna will not be the weakest link for sure !. There is ONE DANGER here, since the antennas with hold the signal at far grater ranges it's possible to fly further than the battery would allow to fly back !!! so care must be taken here !!! also putting an AAT unit on the ground side would be an advantage for serious range.

I change 5.8G 11 dBi patch to a stacked microstrip patch. Hope to get longer control link with this microstrip patch, and will test it shortly.

Attachments

• IMG_0396_800x600.jpg
    IMG_0396_800x600.jpg
    159.2 KB · Views: 457

PVFlyer said:
I change 5.8G 11 dBi patch to a stacked microstrip patch. Hope to get longer control link with this microstrip patch, and will test it shortly.

DIY ?

Hi.
I like the neat fitment on the phantom. I also noticed in the images that the 2.4ghz antenna is partially obstructed by the phantom camera. Will this still get good connection in all 360 degree flight positions?

I replaced a stacked microstrip patch for 5.8G transmitter. It offers longer control range as expected (estimated 4 KM) until FPV video dropped out at 2.7 KM. After FPV dropped, I tried to yaw P2V 90-degree (5.8G control link worked well) and hoped to regain Wifi connection but it did not help, so I initiated RTH flying back. There was a bit raining with 82% humidity, which is no good for RF propagation.

Stock Phantom 2 Vision 2.7 KM (8,850') Long Range Test http://youtu.be/l5ZCi2Bp9RU
Video is stabilized by YouTube.

Attachments

• 2698M-RangeTest-800.jpg
    2698M-RangeTest-800.jpg
    103 KB · Views: 391

duneview said:
Hi.
I like the neat fitment on the phantom. I also noticed in the images that the 2.4ghz antenna is partially obstructed by the phantom camera. Will this still get good connection in all 360 degree flight positions?

Mounting 2.4G SPW at the rear of P2V aircraft may cause signal drop when flying back (P2V facing to you) from a distance. Imagine, if you fly P2V forward to 2 KM away with good video signal, when you yaw 180 degree flying back, video signal may drop out. This is mainly due to the camera blocking antenna LoS. I had experienced with this on flying AR.Drone, while I initially mounted antenna at the rear of AR.Drone.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ctlfreak