still photos fisheye effect removal

Reaction score
Hi guys have a v2+ and like to do some still photos instead of video using adobe Photoshop element 13,Premier combo and prodrenalin ,the last is great on videos don't work on stills, any Idea of a plug in for adobe elements?
Mar

My question is does removing the fish eye with SW degrade the photo somehow?

I have been able to open photos in Prodrenalin, however have never tried to save them. I'm at work so I can't test. But I have used the lens profile correction in lightroom cs5 and photoshop cs5.

Last edited:
Pmcdn said:
Here are a before and after set using the FC200 lens profile in Photoshop.
You'll notice you lose a little around the edges.
Before
i-2wbRQ9M-XL.jpg

After
i-wxVtfGJ-XL.jpg

I use an iOS program called SKRWT
To correct the fisheye effect of the phantom vision camera,
I use "action" and dial to 20. (It doesn't make much sense without the program. )

It does introduce some error and needs some cropping (the tool is included, as well as several other perspective correction tools). The support is great in answering questions. And there is a good online tutorial.

It's quick and easy and costs next to nothing ($1.99)
I recommend it.

Gimp is good and does a good job. The only thing I don't like is that each photo needs to be loaded and corrected, one at a time. But for free... can't complain too much.

tcope, johnunderwood - what setting in Gimp do you apply to correct the fisheye artifcafts?

Gimp works thanks
use -50 does the job

mad in nc
Go in to filters+distorts+lens distortion - check preview pane on and start adjusting edge to about -40 and adjust from there

mad in nc said:
tcope, johnunderwood - what setting in Gimp do you apply to correct the fisheye artifcafts?

I tend to go a little less than -50. Usually right around -43 to -46. Watch the outer edges of the photos as this is what tends to curve upward first.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl