DNG Files and Adobe Photoshop Elements

Reaction score
Hey guys. I just started using DNG files tonight and using Adobe Photoshop Elements 13 to view and edit them. Im just reporting on my experience with this. APE works great! It has auto touching and tweaking features that makes the pics look great. The DNG files are basically lossless compressed raw picture files. They are great to use if you want to see detail when looking or editing your pictures. Because the pictures are taken so high and away from the target, detail is very important. JPEGs are very compressed and they are nowhere are sharp as the DNGs. APE is very cheap and its a sort of a lite version of Adobe Photoshop. You can compare your photos side by side (before and after). You can download the trial from Adobe.com and give it a try. Obviously if you already have the full version of Photoshop there is no need to use the Elements version. But the APE is good if you dont want all those confusing extras PS has. If you want PS or PSE, shoot me a PM and I can help you obtaining it.

Last edited:
Shatty is the 11 just an older version of 13 or cheaper/what? trying to decide what to edit with but just as you said, don't need too much and something very user friendly. Thanks

Shatty is the 11 just an older version of 13 or cheaper/what? trying to decide what to edit with but just as you said, don't need too much and something very user friendly. Thanks
Im sorry...i made a typo. I have 13

Slightly more expensive the Photoshop Elements is the Adobe Photography subscription, which gets you the full versions of Lightroom and Photoshop for $10/month (annual subscription). Also available as a 30 day free trial.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31