stealth mode ?

I tried putting noise dampening material on the inside of the phantom's shell, seemed to help a little bit but not much

jaysan said:
I want to stalk deer on my ranch , however , they can hear me fly and run away

I hear ya. (pun intended). Our goats run under their shelter when I fly over. If you fly a little higher there is a point were, especially if the conditions are right, you cannot hear the quad. maybe 200' and it becomes a lot less noticeable. Since you want to find warm bodies, how would an heat sensitive camera work?

Hmm it could possibly work assuming one is light enough . Then one could put a night vision one too

You can experiment with different props, since they are the determining factor. The 8" 8045 props are quieter than the 9443s many people nowadays run...You can also take steps to remove as much weight as possible. Smaller batteries, lighter parts, fewer accessories. Weight makes a big difference in noise.

Probably not quiet enough to make a difference, but E300 motors help a tiny bit (they are WAY quieter at idle, but in the air it's all props).

The Phantom is a pretty fixed form factor so outside of that there is not much you can do (without getting into frame extensions and slower motors/bigger props).

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl