[SOLVED] P2V+ transmitter-switches?

Reaction score
[SOLVED]

Hello!

There are two 3-way-switches on the transmitter names S1 (right) and S2 (left).
S1 = Control Mode Switch (forward... GPS - Atti - Atti ...against me)
S2 = Intelligent Orientation Switch IOC (forward... Off - CL - HL ...against me)

My question... two 3-way-switches = 9 combinations, are they used?
I use 6 combinations on my APMs with two switches, they are programmable.
What does CL and HL mean? Is it like APM with 1: after compass (left is left) and 2: "joystick forward = phantom away from me"?
I got the latest firmware in the Phantom and in the transmitter.
Can anyone fill in?

S2 forward + S1 forward =
S2 forward + S1 middle =
S2 forward + S1 against me =

S2 middle + S1 forward =
S2 middle + S1 middle =
S2 middle + S1 against me =

S2 against me + S1 forward =
S2 against me + S1 middle =
S2 against me + S1 against me =

Last edited:
How about read the manual ? Go on YouTube , plenty of videos. For now leave both switched up. And read the manual.

The manual... at one place it says S2 is reserved. When I google it says it is for IOC.
Manual says S1 is used for compass calibration and S2 is used to record a home point manually.
Manual says S1 is used for control modes (flight modes) and there are only two of them, GPS and ATTI, on a 3-way switch... no Manual Mode as I found through Google?
The new version seems to have a WayPoint-function.
CL = Course Lock, HL = Home Lock. =) My friend Google told me. Seems to be the same as APM.
And that S1 can be switched to middle if transmitter was off (RTL) and switch on again to take over after failsafe.
And so on...

Thats why I ask you on this forum.
This is what I get from what I have read:

S2 forward + S1 forward = IOC Off + GPS Mode (position lock)
S2 forward + S1 middle = IOC Off + Atti Mode (keeps horisontal, no GPS position lock)
S2 forward + S1 against me = ?

S2 middle + S1 forward = IOC Course Lock + GPS Mode (poisition locked with CL-movements)
S2 middle + S1 middle = IOC Course Lock + Atti Mode (keeps horisontal with CL-movements)
S2 middle + S1 against me = ?

S2 against me + S1 forward = IOC Home Lock + GPS Mode (poisition locked with HL-movements)
S2 against me + S1 middle = IOC Home Lock + Atti Mode (keeps horisontal with HL-movements)
S2 against me + S1 against me = ?

Most controllers uses "all switches against me" = RTL/RTH. Phantom uses On/Off-switch.

MickeM said:
The manual... at one place it says S2 is reserved. When I google it says it is for IOC.
Manual says S1 is used for compass calibration and S2 is used to record a home point manually.
Manual says S1 is used for control modes (flight modes) and there are only two of them, GPS and ATTI, on a 3-way switch... no Manual Mode as I found through Google?

You need read about Phantom vs Naza- M modes. In Phantom mode the S2 is reserved (it has no function) and the S1 is used for compass calibration. In Naza-M mode the S2 is used for IOC (when enabled in the Phantom Assistant). The S1 switch has two modes preset- GPS and Atti, you set the bottom position to either fail safe or manual.

Just read through the stickies section. There is information on all of this.

Phantom Mode and Naza-M Mode ... that doesnt sound logical? Better names of the modes?
Phantom has a FC that is an Naza-M (with the text Phantom on it).
Do you mean that one mode is in disarmed condition and the other armed?
That will explain the difference of the modes.

Anyone have the list of the switch-cominations for all modes/functions?
Or do I really have to read the manual? =) Im not gonna fly it, just fix it and return it.

What have you been doing for the last month?

Here's a cut/paste from member/poster "Pull_Up":

Ok, in standard Phantom Vision mode S2 does nothing. S1 is only used to get into compass calibration mode or to take back control during return to home if you are back in range.

In NAZA mode, S1 does the following:

Switch up - same as normal Vision mode: GPS hold
Switch in the middle: Attitude mode - this holds the Vision level but won't correct for wind so it will drift downwind, unlike GPS mode.
Switch down: Selectable with the Assistant to either initiate return to home without turning off the transmitter OR full manual mode - that is effectively switch off the flight controller and just leave you with a gyro stablilized quad you will need to fly at all times (if you are not used to theis you WILL crash!).

In NAZA mode you can switch on IOC (intelligent Orientation Control) in which case S2 does the following:

Switch up: IOC off
Switch in the middle: Course Lock
Switch Down: Home Lock

To expand some.
Yes the phantom uses the Naza flight controller. The default out of the box mode is a limited mode called phantom.
In this default mode only the right hand switch (S1) does anything as far as flight modes are concerned and there are 2 modes GPS and ATTI. Switch S2 is disabled by default and does not modify any flight mode.
If S1 is in the full up position (away from operator) then it is set to GPS flight mode and the phantom is stabilized in current flight position without stick input.
If the S1 is set to the middle or down position then it is in ATTI mode and the phantom may/will drift in the direction of the wind or the direction it was flying without input. This is not a flyaway. It is normal operation.

Enabling what is called Naza mode will enable the S2 (left) switch and also allow you the option to set the down position of switch 1 (S1) to Failsafe/RTH or Manual. Do not set the down position of S1 to manual unless you have extensive experience as it requires constant stick input to maintain flight. Once the down position is set to failsafe, you can then enable the failsafe mode from S1 and the phantom will act as if you powered the controller off and enter failsafe mode after about 3 seconds. You can also exit failsafe mode if you wish by toggling the switch back to ATTI (and then GPS if you wish).

So if Naza mode is enabled you can select either of the two flight modes of GPS or ATTI from S1
You can then also select on S2 one of three flight modifiers - Off, Course Lock, Home Lock. These just modify how the phantom responds to control stick input and are useful in various ways with Off being no modification to the flight mode selected on switch 1.

The guide I linked to explains the modes in more detail.

Jeff Spicoli after his first Phantom flight: "Relax, all right? My old man is a television repairman, he's got this ultimate set of tools. I can fix it." :cool:

PhilD13 said:
From the THE Ultimate Guide for all Phantom Vision and Vision+ owners sticky....
Go here and download the guide
https://www.dropbox.com/s/mv8d1hohc3mce ... e.pdf?dl=0
Read the section on "Know your S1/S2 switches (Naza-M/IOC only)" This will explain your switches.
Read the rest of the document also as it will help a lot.

Thank you very much PhilD13 for that ultimate guide. I just now brought everything up to Naza Standards.I WAS in Phantom mode.

I did both the RC and DJ Assistant Calibration and now have the following issue:

​"CSC" is up and in. Also, If I ​hold the left​ stick​ or throttle ​"​full ​UP" alone ​the UAV ​will shut-down in about 3 seconds​.

I cannot fly with the controls upside down like this. How do I return the DJI Transmitter to the original Mode 2?

Looking forward to your help. Thanks. . .

Attachments

• Control swap.jpg
    Control swap.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 1,000
Doubtful your in mode 1 or there would be no throttle response on left stick.

It sounds like the channel is reversed.

All 4 should be Norm(al).

Thanks for the quick response. . . Any suggestions on how to return the DJI Transmitter to USA Standards?

EFrankWade said:
Thanks for the quick response. . . Any suggestions on how to return the DJI Transmitter to USA Standards?

Select "Mode 2" check box and verify all four channels are 'NORM' and not 'REV'ersed in the RC assistant.

Perform calibraton.

Thanks! I figured it out earlier. Works fine. I havent used a Phantom that much, but have flown several quads, some hexas and octa (Naza, ZeroTech, APM mostly). After learning the Naza-M Lite with GPS in my TBS Discovery, the Phantom were easy.

All setups done and uses Naza-M-mode on the Phantom:
S1 = GPS Mode, Atti Mode, Manual (FPV-race-ready if I want)
S2 = IOC Off, Course Lock and Home Lock on S2.
Power Switch = RTH

I use a GoPro and a 2-axle BL-gimbal, works good.
No Vision active. 1.3GHz video-link soon to be connected using a monitor/FatSharks.

Problem SOLVED!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl