so who is going to be the first to get it ?

Neweggs date if you purchase today.. gonna be so pissed if I effed up on ordering from dji directly and get it later than if I would have bought it a week later somewhere else
I would take all promised delivery dates with a grain of salt. The DJI direct store is probably hesitant to release any specific dates because they don't want to hear about it if they don't ship on the exact date specified, but that doesn't mean that other vendors will be shipping sooner just because they're willing to offer a date that may end up being fictitious.

I ordered within minutes of the DJI Store becoming available again after the keynote, on September 27 at 5.28pm EST. I only ordered the bird (not the bundle), thinking I would get it faster. I just e-mailed onlinesales to ask, and this is the answer:

It is estimated that your order will be shipped on 2nd of Nov due to the large amount of orders.
It takes 3-5 business days for delivery.

That's of course a joke. I only order from DJI direct for the speed in getting it, as the return conditions and warranty treatment directly from DJI are a joke. I will be canceling the order and ordering from Apple instead, who also list a November shipping date, and who treat their customers fairly in case of problems, even after the return period.

I ordered within minutes of the DJI Store becoming available again after the keynote, on September 27 at 5.28pm EST. I only ordered the bird (not the bundle), thinking I would get it faster. I just e-mailed onlinesales to ask, and this is the answer:

It is estimated that your order will be shipped on 2nd of Nov due to the large amount of orders.
It takes 3-5 business days for delivery.

That's of course a joke. I only order from DJI direct for the speed in getting it, as the return conditions and warranty treatment directly from DJI are a joke. I will be canceling the order and ordering from Apple instead, who also list a November shipping date, and who treat their customers fairly in case of problems, even after the return period.
DJI was sending everyone over to their Amazon store when the main site was down. So the allocation they had was selling on Amazon before their site finally came back online.

Not really sure why one would make that speculation.

LOL past experience. The additional batteries and other accessories are not always the priority at release. If that does happen it depends on how it's packaged, they'll either send the standard package out first then the accessories second when available or they'll wait until its all ready.

We'll find out soon!

I doubt the Fly More package will be delayed since well, it's a package and complete inventory item.

Definitely never order your beloved aircraft along with extra isolated accessories in the same order though.

Code:
    Who          Where Ordered        When Ordered     Shipped Out
drapers           Amazon (DJI)          Sep 27 09:03am      ???
darkneo           Amazon (DJI)          Sep 27 10.00am      ???
Zandian           Amazon (DJI)          Sep 27 10:50am      ???
TopQuark          Amazon (DJI)          Sep 27 11:12am      ???
edoginasia        Amazon (DJI)          Sep 27 12:00am      ???
TheLightSpeedz    Amazon (?)            Sep 27 ?            ???
FredzMaxxUAV      DJI                   Sep 27 02:28pm      ???
KingDad1985       DJI                   Sep 27 ?            ???
Covenantelite30   DJI                   Sep 27 ?            ???
Perry Jefferies   DJI                   Sep 27 evening      ???
RkyMtn4695        DJI                   Sep 27 ?            ???
sdharris          DJI                   Sep 27 09:37am      ???
Swil526           DroneNerds.com        Sep 27 afternoon    ???
Multicoptertec    BHPhoto               Sep 27 ?            ???
crazyrider        BHPhoto               Sep 27 ?            ???
crazyrider        Adorama               Sep 27 ?            ???
Rick A            DJI                   Sep 28              ???
Dean Ward         DJI                   Sep 28              ???
Code:
MarqueGlisson     ???                   Sep 28              ???
Cristhian Lacerda DroneNerds.com        Sep 28              ???
Ryan McAllister   Best Buy              Sep 29              ???
rigor             DJI                   Sep 29              ???
Greenenvey        Koozam                Sep 29              ???
stealle           Amazon (?)            Sep 29              ???
stilgar99         BHPhoto               Sep 29              ???
Danny-B-          DJI                   Sep 30              ???
GMG               DJI                   Sep 30              ???
captainserial     DJI                   Sep 30              ???
kykayak           Drone Nerds           Oct 1               ???
Brian Hutcheson   DJI                   Oct 1               ???
Dukatu            DJI                   Oct 1               ???
incogneito        Newegg (DJI)          Oct 1               ???
iker42            DJI                   Oct 2               ???
rexilla           Apple Store           Oct 2               ???
Ben.abc           BHPhoto               Oct 2               ???
Ben.abc           ExpertDrones          Oct 2               ???
Code:
Nanosauromo       DJI                   Oct 3               ???
907wasp           Amazon (Hobbiesmedia) Oct 3               ???
AliAs             DJI                   Oct 4               ???
gtyler5           Skyboss Drones        Oct 5               ???
Leenanj           Amazon (EZ Elec)      Oct 5               ???
Dirty Bird        DJI                   Oct 7               ???
Damon Ryan        DJI                   Oct 9               ???
I am only including the time of those ordered on launch day.

Don't forget to come back to this thread when you start getting your shipment dates! We'll all need this when it's time to buy the Mavic 2! :)

I ordered the DJI Mavic PRO Combo deal on october 7th from an online shop here in Norway:
Hjem - www.rcbutikken.no - Din hobbybutikk på nett!
I got in on the first batch they are getting in, and they said they would ship them out at the end of october. So hopefully no delays. This will be my first drone, so I'm excited. Hopefully no fly aways from the Mavic aye.

Does anyone know if dji ships early for arrival to door on release date?

Does anyone know if dji ships early for arrival to door on release date?
That's what they did when the Phantom 4 was released. Those who ordered directly from DJI early had it on their doorstep on the release day.

Just received this
UPDATE: We have had it confirmed by DJI that dealers such as Heliguy will be prioritised in terms of product shipping, making the Mavic Pro available through dealer channels before they will be shipped directly to customers from DJI.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just received this
UPDATE: We have had it confirmed by DJI that dealers such as Heliguy will be prioritised in terms of product shipping, making the Mavic Pro available through dealer channels before they will be shipped directly to customers from DJI.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Wow, that's very surprising. On one hand, it's a bunch of BS, but on the other hand, this helps support and build their dealer network. I didn't like it at first, but as I type this, it's a smart move by the company I think.

DJI Mavic Pro bundle

When: Oct. 3rd

Where: Carolina Dronz

Shipping: Estimate week of Oct. 17th

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

So, I am clearly guilty of this myself, but are we not causing more issues by ordering from multiple places? Now, DJI thinks they have 1.25-2x (totally unscientific and unfounded guess) as many orders to fulfill and build for the release date?

Basically, they may have sold 150,000 units (example pre-order #) but only 90,000-100,000 are actually going to be sold right away due to us wanting to accelerate the ability to get it in hand.

Wow, that's very surprising. On one hand, it's a bunch of BS, but on the other hand, this helps support and build their dealer network. I didn't like it at first, but as I type this, it's a smart move by the company I think.

Well I'm sorry to Say DJI usually does the opposite of that. The online third parties get last shipping! Because they have to turn it around too!

Like B&H on the P4... everyone was pre ordering... I had mine direct from DJI long before they started cancelling orders!

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scav8tor