So PUMPED my foliage video got picked up nationally !!

Kudos for excellent work, fully deserving of all positive recognition!

Wow! Now I recall why I bought My Phantom.......
Fantastic video there chap, good job and awesome edit

This is exactly the type of quality video I am striving to achieve. Quality flying, capturing and editing. Compelling videography. Thanks for the inspiration.

Thank you kindly ! Safe flying !

First... absolutely beautiful work... great composition, great flight trajectory, fantastic post-production.

I live in Missouri, so we're a couple weeks (or more depending on when you shot this) behind you in Fall's progress. I plan to do some Fall shots in the forests around where we live and I've definitely learned some great techniques by watching your video and reading this discussion. The two most novel, I think, are reversing the video on the "under the bridge" sequence and the second one was speeding up the video on those "high wide" sequences to make the reveals or the approaches more impactful. Absolutely masterful! Whatever you used to resample and interpolate the video when you sped those sequences up did a great job as well!

Thanks so much for sharing your expertise with us!

Tim

First thank you for the great feedback, looking forward to seeing your video when it's completed. Post a link here if you remember so I can check it out. Surpringly enough I used GoPro studio to edit this entire video, edit was just for fun as a keep sake. After I posted in a few places it kind of took off (no pun intended). I was lucky because the weather was great and the colors were really popping. Used ND polar pro filters in some shots and just flew nice and steady. I pre planned many of the shots on the spot before take off, can't waste precious battery time!! Like the bridge shot , and the camera tilt over the lake shot ect. Ended up with 2 hours raw footage, cut out 18 mins of the "best" clips and then went through the painful process of self critique and widdled it down to the 2 mins of footage. Point of the story sometimes you don't need fancy editing software and crazy transitions. Sometimes you get lucky on weather and the location shows itself !!

Safe flying out there !!

Nice video!
Please keep us up to date if some bored bureaucrat in some agency try's to go after you :)

. Well done. Fantastic! I had something picked up by the Weather Channel (part of NBC News) and got a little cash out of it. I hope you did too!

Ran on Good Morning America, ABC news, The View, Weather channel and other various news outlets around the country.

GMA Facebook post has it at 1.4 million views and rising.

I
First thank you for the great feedback, looking forward to seeing your video when it's completed. Post a link here if you remember so I can check it out. Surpringly enough I used GoPro studio to edit this entire video, edit was just for fun as a keep sake. After I posted in a few places it kind of took off (no pun intended). I was lucky because the weather was great and the colors were really popping. Used ND polar pro filters in some shots and just flew nice and steady. I pre planned many of the shots on the spot before take off, can't waste precious battery time!! Like the bridge shot , and the camera tilt over the lake shot ect. Ended up with 2 hours raw footage, cut out 18 mins of the "best" clips and then went through the painful process of self critique and widdled it down to the 2 mins of footage. Point of the story sometimes you don't need fancy editing software and crazy transitions. Sometimes you get lucky on weather and the location shows itself !!

Safe flying out there !!
was going to ask your editor...wow I'm going to try that myself!

Ran on Good Morning America, ABC news, The View, Weather channel and other various news outlets around the country.

GMA Facebook post has it at 1.4 million views and rising.

Nicely done. (And G'day form down under.)
That's really spectacular!

Your Autumn colours are really spectacular.

Thank you very much means a lot. Been at this hobby for years and the positive feedback is awesome.

The under the bridge shot not as brave as you think. Footage was actually reversed in post. So flew backwards under the bridge then raised up once I cleared it. Little editing to make the clip tense.
I figured it was done in reverse. Great idea and footage regardless! Awesome!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl