ABC News reposted my Phantom video!

Reaction score
This morning, after a typical New England snowstorm, I took my P3S up for a few flights around my neighborhood while the snow was still sticking to the branches. I edited a short video and posted it here on PhantomPilots, on another drone site, and on my Facebook page. On my FB page I got a comment from ABC news, asking if they could use the video on the network news! I don't know if they will (the evening news is running as I type), but they also shared my Facebook video on their own FB page. Over the course of just a few hours, it has gotten over 80,000 hits and over 100 comments! See the ABC page at Search

Makes me glad I got my Part 107 license last year. I don't really expect any compensation for this video, but I also want to sleep at night, and not worry about the FAA knocking on my door.

cool video, was that the country club for most of it?

I grew up in Sudbury but lived in Marlborough for a couple of years too.

cool video, was that the country club for most of it?

I grew up in Sudbury but lived in Marlborough for a couple of years too.
Yes, that was Charter Oaks country club, just up the road in Hudson.

Cool video (pun intended), you have excellent control of your bird Mass, keep up the good work.
Thanks. Actually, I may need to send it back to DJI again. There is a problem with the gimbal, it shakes and shimmies on and off. I extensively used the Warp Stabilizer filter on Adobe Premiere to smooth out the shakes.

If only the YouTube version had that kind of viewership, I'd earn some real coin. As it is, the original YT version has had fewer than too views!

Reactions: DCJ64
This morning, after a typical New England snowstorm, I took my P3S up for a few flights around my neighborhood while the snow was still sticking to the branches. I edited a short video and posted it here on PhantomPilots, on another drone site, and on my Facebook page. On my FB page I got a comment from ABC news, asking if they could use the video on the network news! I don't know if they will (the evening news is running as I type), but they also shared my Facebook video on their own FB page. Over the course of just a few hours, it has gotten over 80,000 hits and over 100 comments! See the ABC page at Search

Makes me glad I got my Part 107 license last year. I don't really expect any compensation for this video, but I also want to sleep at night, and not worry about the FAA knocking on my door.
Nice fly by on the red cabin. Perfectly done!

Reactions: MassDrone
Nice fly by on the red cabin. Perfectly done!
Thanks. This was a Litchi mission, and I used the red farmhouse as a point-of-interest during the flyby.

Thanks. Actually, I may need to send it back to DJI again. There is a problem with the gimbal, it shakes and shimmies on and off. I extensively used the Warp Stabilizer filter on Adobe Premiere to smooth out the shakes.

Well,...I don't know much about videography, but if you can fix the issues in post it seems like the better choice than sending it to DJI.

But that's me. Maybe there are those on the Forum who could suggest a fix for the shimmy/shake problems? Just sayin'.....but overall it looked great to me! [emoji2]

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Now I'm up to over 350,000 views on ABC News's Facebook feed, plus another 100,000 on Good Morning America's feed. It was broadcast on the Boston area ABC morning news, and was shown nationwide this morning on Good Morning America. And, a local real estate agent has contacted me about doing videos for her. Life is good, my friends.

Now I'm up to over 350,000 views on ABC News's Facebook feed, plus another 100,000 on Good Morning America's feed. It was broadcast on the Boston area ABC morning news, and was shown nationwide this morning on Good Morning America. And, a local real estate agent has contacted me about doing videos for her. Life is good, my friends.

Sounds great! Maybe MassDrone needs to upgrade a bit to NationwideDrone or WorldWideDrone. [emoji12]

Nice to see positive results for a change. Thanks for doing it right!

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Reactions: MassDrone

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj