Show off your Cases!!

Here's my version with a P3P that I picked up the other day and couldn't be happier! It's the Ferrari of mobile charging stations that allows you to charge in the field (via car) and at home. One of a kind. Charges an iPad, 3 batteries, and controller all in 35-40 minutes. Has plenty of storage for accessories. Everything is hidden underneath. Has rollers with handle. Best part is as you can see is the fact that you don't have to take the prop guards off.
346a054719ffed7165b55356e8e37a5c.jpg
16c90b060d9aeb90479db33b5ac23f62.jpg

What brand of case is this?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: Jack1926
Hi guys,

I thought I'd shove up some pics on how I've adapted the cheap non-DJI P3 backpack to carry an iPad Air

So here the case itself, which looks very similar to the DJI OE unit. I don't know if the OE unit is better quality to justify its higher cost, but at circa $50/£30 I think its fine...
1.JPG

Here's the inside of the case. It was at this point I realised there was nowhere to put the iPad.
2.JPG

Then I noticed that the "top" moulding was loose, so I popped this on top of the "bottom" moulding to check how it fits .... I had a thought and popped the iPad on the moulding. I closed the case, just to check if the iPad was trapped between the case and moulding and fortunately, there was plenty of room.
5.JPG

I worked out a final position, then stuck some dense rubberised foam pads around the iPad, using industrial double-sided tape, to trap the iPad in position. You'll note I removed the iPad case...
6.JPG

Here's the finished 10 min project. I decided it needed a larger piece of foam at the bottom, to support the iPad when the case is in use. I'd also found that the straps, designed to stop the aircraft/RC from falling out if you open the case upside down are long enough to hold the whole unit together and hold the iPad in place too. Also, with the iPad case in place, it's just trapped that little bit tighter between the foam pads.
8.JPG

And here is the case closed - just to prove it does! I’ve used this on three occasions now and I can confirm, the iPad hasn’t moved a jot, and is perfectly safe. All-in-all, I’m over the moon!
9.JPG

Cheers... Rob

Last edited:
Which case is that. I am looking for an affordable case that allows you to keep the props on.

This is the kind of case every phantom owner should have so they can keep their props on, less risk of props flying off.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Which case is that. I am looking for an affordable case that allows you to keep the props on.

Looks like a Micro Raptor Case to me. I have one just like it with a slightly different foam insert. Search Micro Raptor cases on Amazon. They have a lot of different choices, colors, and foam inserts. I believe they start at around $169.00.

Last edited:
I'm using this B&W type 6000, was available in yellow, black, orange or grey, chose yellow because I already had a sticker in mind as I didn't want to advertise the fact it was a drone, stickering it like this means no one dare go near it lol!
20160504_104540.jpg
20160504_104611.jpg
20160504_104652.jpg
20160504_104718.jpg
20160504_104805.jpg

Attachments

• 20160504_104813.jpg
    20160504_104813.jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 492
Hi guys,

I thought I'd shove up some pics on how I've adapted the cheap non-DJI P3 backpack to carry an iPad Air

So here the case itself, which looks very similar to the DJI OE unit. I don't know if the OE unit is better quality to justify its higher cost, but at circa $50/£30 I think its fine...
View attachment 50471

Here's the inside of the case. It was at this point I realised there was nowhere to put the iPad.
View attachment 50472

Then I noticed that the "top" moulding was loose, so I popped this on top of the "bottom" moulding to check how it fits .... I had a thought and popped the iPad on the moulding. I closed the case, just to check if the iPad was trapped between the case and moulding and fortunately, there was plenty of room.
View attachment 50473

I worked out a final position, then stuck some dense rubberised foam pads around the iPad, using industrial double-sided tape, to trap the iPad in position. You'll note I removed the iPad case...
View attachment 50474

Here's the finished 10 min project. I decided it needed a larger piece of foam at the bottom, to support the iPad when the case is in use. I'd also found that the straps, designed to stop the aircraft/RC from falling out if you open the case upside down are long enough to hold the whole unit together and hold the iPad in place too. Also, with the iPad case in place, it's just trapped that little bit tighter between the foam pads.
View attachment 50475

And here is the case closed - just to prove it does! I’ve used this on three occasions now and I can confirm, the iPad hasn’t moved a jot, and is perfectly safe. All-in-all, I’m over the moon!
View attachment 50476

Cheers... Rob

I just ordered one of those cases from Banggood for $35, great tip on the iPad! can't wait to get the case now!!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl