Show off your P4 cases & Packs

Bob which Lowepro is that?

edit- found it, its the DroneGuard BP 450 AW

Last edited:
Nice setup! It's nice that the foam works in hard and soft sides.

Do you use the hard case as much as the backpack?

I like the hardcase better for travelling in the back of my Jeep as things tend to get bounced around back there but the wife prefers the soft pack for carrying. You can also carry a lot more stuff in the soft pack with the extra pockets. Half a dozen one way or the other.

I like your set up in the Coyote backpack. Can you tell us which model this is?
That was just the stock box I threw into the Microraptor soft pack until the proper P4 foam showed up the other day. Microraptor uses the same box and soft pack for the P3 so if you already had their box/bag you can just order new P4 foam from them... They have been really great to deal with so far, great quality, great price and their customer service is top drawer in my experience!

bb77c5c95a9f6303a05ad6a1e9d961ff_zpsdozrziqj.jpg

Reactions: Fplvert
Funny. FedEx literally rang my doorbell 40 minutes ago with my pack from LowePro. It was scheduled for Monday delivery. Nice surprise. Too early for much of a review. First impressions are:
Very well built
Easily configured for your drone of choice
Lots of options
Extra pockets I haven't explored yet

ETA - this is a semi-hard pack. It has a very rigid exterior.
ETA - it has a full rain cover, hip belt and sternum strap.

I quickly configured it for my P4, its accessories, one spare battery and my iPad Air2. I took some really crappy pictures and I'm headed out now to fly a little bit. More of a review later.

Bob

52DEBC9E-5F62-42B1-9C40-C0CCBDC40E73_zpsg8smwtii.jpeg

E27165D7-B7EE-48B9-BA0A-98E96CDBD6DE_zps1bnnmubz.jpeg

C8E3E56D-0251-49AA-A9A3-164FCD275995_zpshl6apayv.jpeg

can you give us more a review on this - how heavy is it - is it awkward to carry. Would it be ok for short trips or is it really only for hiking?

can you give us more a review on this - how heavy is it - is it awkward to carry. Would it be ok for short trips or is it really only for hiking?

I used it yesterday morning and evening. It's easy to organize and acces your gear. And everything stays in place well. They advertise it as being useful as a launch pad. I tried that and it worked fine. It fits close to your body like a real backpack so it's comfortable to carry everything. I hiked about 3/4 of a mile in rocky, hilly terrain. Not much of a test yet. As far as weight goes, I don't know the exact weight. It's substantially heavier than the styrofoam DJI case, obviously, maybe adds 5-7 lbs. just guessing. That is only apparent when I was picking it up, when it's on my back I didn't notice the weight at all. It is a rigid shell pack, so maybe it's awkward because of that. I mean you can't shove it under a seat (even if it was empty) because of how rigid it is, because its intended purpose is to protect your gear. Check out the videos on LowePro's website, they show the customizable nature of it. I haven't used it enough to find any limitations or shortfalls. I don't expect any, but you never know.

Bob

I used it yesterday morning and evening. It's easy to organize and acces your gear. And everything stays in place well. They advertise it as being useful as a launch pad. I tried that and it worked fine. It fits close to your body like a real backpack so it's comfortable to carry everything. I hiked about 3/4 of a mile in rocky, hilly terrain. Not much of a test yet. As far as weight goes, I don't know the exact weight. It's substantially heavier than the styrofoam DJI case, obviously, maybe adds 5-7 lbs. just guessing. That is only apparent when I was picking it up, when it's on my back I didn't notice the weight at all. It is a rigid shell pack, so maybe it's awkward because of that. I mean you can't shove it under a seat (even if it was empty) because of how rigid it is, because its intended purpose is to protect your gear. Check out the videos on LowePro's website, they show the customizable nature of it. I haven't used it enough to find any limitations or shortfalls. I don't expect any, but you never know.

Bob
I have this same case. I just flew from CA to FL with it. Absolutely love it. I had the DJI styrofoam case for my P3. I like this one a lot better. I'm not sure on the weight, but I wouldn't say it is substantially heavier. Empty I couldn't tell the difference, but when it's loaded I can. Only because the P4 and batteries are little heavier and this bag holds a lot more stuff. I can fit my sunshade, ND filter case, and my iPad Air 2 in this case and still have room for a lot more stuff.
For those of you who are interested in traveling with it, it fits great in overhead storage. However, I recommend hard case for travel due to the possibility of being forced to put it under the plane. I couldn't get a hard case fast enough for my flight this weekend so I took a chance. No issues with it.
f2a4a2774d09f29a667e6ea48a6fc918.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

What's even worse is that DJI are selling it as a P4 backpack on their official website. All they've done is show a photo of a P4 in the case with the batteries stashed in another pouch. The intended battery pouches are shown empty (because they wouldn't fit). I find this misleading as it was not made for the P4 as DJI would have you think.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

What's even worse is that DJI are selling it as a P4 backpack on their official website. All they've done is show a photo of a P4 in the case with the batteries stashed in another pouch. The intended battery pouches are shown empty (because they wouldn't fit). I find this misleading as it was not made for the P4 as DJI would have you think.

The Manfrotto DJI backpack for the P4 is not that backpack that you are quoting, that's a D 1 which doesn't fit the P4 very well or its batteries, and it's not the D1 that's on the DJI site

nope - there is a review of it not fitting
The review says it's a tight fit and that the batteries will not fit in the pouches. However, the batteries will fit next to the Phantom (as shown in the photo above).

Got my Microraptor case delivered today. I made a last minute decision to not get the GPC after learning the Microraptor case was a full 1" deeper. With the concerns about the motors being a little close to the top lid on the GPC I threw a little caution to the wind. (Although I understand GPC resolved the issue and their case is highly recommended).
I really like the fit of this case and the deeper case and the clear dowels give the added protection to the motors. No complaints at all here except the extra holes in the foam are tempting me to go and buy more batteries.
3b16bf47e5ed5ddaed47177d497318cf.jpg
391d522b1146fe662d71cd7a3e9302cc.jpg
007c2aea91949fdd2c1db2f364e96f85.jpg

Reactions: Kman
The Drone crates P4 backpack isn't out yet, but the pictures of it on their website seem to indicate that it might be a good choice.

Can anybody give me the size (Height x length x width in metric) of the styrene case that the P4 comes in?
Just so I can find a polycarbonate waterproof case to put the whole thing in when I pick my P4 up.
I would rather have a case waiting for it before I pick it up!.
Any help greatly appreciated.

Last edited:
I know there are already a few options out there for P4 Cases and Packs but let's see what you've got or what you've done to carry your P4 in. I'm sadly still waiting for mine to show up, last tracking update just changed from today to Monday:(

I have pre ordered the Microraptor case but have yet to see the layout so until I get it I'll likey use the included box and maybe just throw it in one of several light packs that I already have so I have somewhere to put other batteries and kit. That said I'm also realy interested to see what you've done with the included boxes too, plasty dip, paint, modifications etc.

Anyway, Show off what you've got!
Have the MicroRaptor just like Cale262 is showing! I one heck of a nice case and everything has a place! Especially like the prop storage in the cover liner, and holds 6 batteries as well. Ordered it when the announcement came out, got it yesterday. Great case!
IMG_5726.JPG

Best way to carry it period. Efficient, low maintenance and very, very, very portable! I can easily walk around the city with it on my back like a camera. I unzip-tie it and take off in less than a minute. Catch it, zip tie it back to the remote and we're off again. I Don't understand all these fancy cases. It's a tool. Take care of it but use it. Like these idiots that buy a Ferrari and drive it around the neighborhood.. Drive the freekin wheels off of it. That's what it's made for.... Or maybe it's just made to make your ....... Bigger..... :). (Just kidding around)
ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots1460003947.493715.jpg
ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots1460003966.964412.jpg

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl