Should I update my phanton 3 advanced to the latest firmware 1.50030

And just so you guys know, this remote was a warranty remote that my dealer replaced for me last week. This 1 was shipped with 1.4 all ready on it and I allowed DJI Go to update it to 1.5. (Ahhh)
I don't know if 1.4 remote fw will allow compatability with DJI Go 1.0.7. So I can't confirm that till I get it to roll back.

Another "precious" discover:

I have the tablet with the "old" APP 1.1.0.

Just for curiosity, try to conect to see what happens......well, lets say that DJI send me to that holly place....:mad::mad:

Then, i install apk from 2.0.1......same s****, no connection........

I have a piece of crap equipment.

Almost tempted to sell this just to get a new old with old FW version.....

This is ridiculous!!:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Gone on new firmware is "Format data recorder", which means you can not erase all the internal files from the aircraft now
That "black box" is now a permanent record of your most recent flights. If they can get their hands on your bird, they will know where you launched from, and exactly where you flew. That flight record can exhonerate or convict you, depending upon whether you've been good :D or bad :eek:!

If you are going to be a "bad" boy,

1. Don't be reckless and ever crash your bird
2. Have a throwdown bird, with a clean black box, to leave behind, or to turn over, like a fake wallet with a $20 in it, for the mugger! :p
3. Don't ever get caught with your real bird!
4. Don't post your "bad" boy video on YouTube, or brag about your nefarious exploits on social media!

Last edited:
The format data recorder option has been gone for a while before the latest firmware came out.
Like so many other things, DJI haven't explained why.
It's not necessarily for big brother reasons though.
Just guessing, one possible alternative reason might be that they had too many crashed birds coming back for warranty with wiped files in an attempt to cover up user error?

The format data recorder option has been gone for a while before the latest firmware came out.
Like so many other things, DJI haven't explained why.
It's not necessarily for big brother reasons though.
Just guessing, one possible alternative reason might be that they had too many crashed birds coming back for warranty with wiped files in an attempt to cover up user error?
Except, if it truly was only for the latter reason, had the user deliberately wiped the data recorder, and DJI found it empty, DJI could easily refuse any warranty. DJI has no obligation to warranty a bird without the recorded .DAT files, which is the user's only way of proving it wasn't caused by pilot error. I don't see it as big brother, but, instead, what is the point of having a black box for diagnostic warranty purposes, if you let the user wipe it after a crash?

I'm waiting for voice recognition, iris and retina scan data, and facial recognition, hope DJI incorporates them soon ! .... lol
Along with access to the international FBI database to match them all up with names and phone numbers, especially if they are hot! :p

Reactions: aka1ceman
Yes latest version is very stable. Go ahead and update. You would need to update App as well RC FW.

When you downloaded the ZIP file what did it unpack? After a few attempts I end up getting a .bin file which I am unable to use. Any ideas? Thanx.

When you downloaded the ZIP file what did it unpack? After a few attempts I end up getting a .bin file which I am unable to use. Any ideas? Thanx.
The .bin flie is placed in the root directory of an empty microSD card. The quad knows what to do with it, when you turn on the battery.:)

Reactions: duketate
The .bin flie is placed in the root directory of an empty microSD card. The quad knows what to do with it, when you turn on the battery.:)

Thanx for a quick response. I got confused since earlier updates would create a dedicated folder. LOL how stupid of me.

I had done every previous firmware update, and downloaded each and every new Pilot~Go App without ever having to ask questions or voice concerns. Until this latest firmware was released. I think my mistake was because there was no second instruction file included, so not realizing I was capturing the whole file, folder and all, and placing that into the root the micro sd card. So no wonder it would not load. I must have 'fuddled' and 'duddled' with that for two days, until a bright light was lit, under my rear end. Once the bin file is extracted, by itself, the process may finally proceed. ;-)
Flown plenty with the latest firmware and Go app, she's stable/solid.

RedHotPoker

Reactions: duketate
Im lookng for the last version app 2.X....if someone could provide i apreciate.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
spaz_12